Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk General Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ameya730's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to Berserk. Just a few question. Possible spoilers

i have not read the anime so i cant help you on the first part but as far as how the behelit works i can explain it to you but trust me you will enjoy it much more if you read the manga because the visuals are stunning

also the anime is not complete since the manga is ongoing because of that they decided to end the anime early and they removed a lot of elements that are present in the manga

my suggestion is read the manga it would answer many of your questions. sure there are side effects to that like you become addicted to berserk and you have more questions but its worth it

sorry if i have not answered your questions directly but trust me read the manga its a master piece
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to Berserk. Just a few question. Possible spoilers

I def will read the manga and I can't wait too. Im still confused why in the anime Griffith wanted Guts to stay away from him moments before the eclipse happened.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner abuyi's Avatar
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nawni View Post
    Random post sorry everybody....hope you don't mind ....I love naruto and stumbled upon vinland saga which I ate up every chapter I could find in a few days(56) manga is new for me and I read somewhere if you like vinland saga berserk is a definate recomendation I would love to know from the honest fans of berserk if this is true and I've read a page or 2 here and the description slightly frightening but very intriguing has goten me very curious please any thoughts would be appreciated and sincerely apologize for this misplaced post if indeed that's what it is thanks for atleast reading it

cause of you this quote i started reading vinland saga... you see i am a fan of berserk and i hate waiting for it...so i though i will read vinland, i actually like reading vinland saga. its nothing like berserk.. beserk is in different level but vinland does reminds me of berserk.. especially the golden arc. see berserk is not for weak heart people.. its mature for a reason... many of my friend couldnt read berserk.. they find it lil too disturbing... so if you gona read berserk keeping vinland in your head you might not appreciate the details of berserk... so dont compare... both are good in their places.. berserk is just legendary :P

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nawni View Post
    K so I've made it through volume 14 not sure what chapter that equals....I have a few questions and problems for everyone here that's interested in helpin me out here......1st things first his name-where im reading these the characters have called him variations throughout guts gutts gats gatts gatz gutz.....drives me nuts nutts nutz natz ....please clear this up over anything else I bring up....I think this is a hilarious manga and just totally different in every way ...the art seemed cheesey for a good while but picked up a little....does the art get better? What's with puck? The opening sequence was I guess present time and I really didn't care for puck and im glad he's not been in the rest so far...is he worth giving a chance does he come back later on? Who the hell is the skull rider guy was there a point to the gaeseric guy reference? Forgive me for the names I really am reading from a place where the names and translations are terrible.....I liked judeau a lot not so much caska .....is it behelit or beherit....or....? And do we go in to the tower again where griffith was tortured as a human? That really seemed interesting....I think the different knights are not so appealing ....white tigers purple rhinos black dogs....does this continue throughout.....is rickert gonna grow in to someone cool hope he's not a wasted character cause judeau was way cool..... anyway thanks for reading I know everyones more interested in new chapters and not this old stuf but if anyone has an opinion or some helpful advice or knows the names please help me out and thanks berserk is really growing on me
    don worry about the guts veryiasions but it is almost certain the correct tranlation is gutz, it is german pronounced gaatz, it is afer a scientist in germany in the 1600s who had a prothetic arm perhaps the first made out of iron his name was rodoric van gaatz his prosthetic arm is almost identical to miuras even though he assures everyone that he wasnt doing it knowingly. and puck is almost the only thing keeping beserk from being to dark in places. like guts is killing everything around him and puck ( also a mistivious fairy from a shakespearen play a mid summer nights dream) will say the odd little cliched joke to brighten up to mood a little. miura is not your averege mangaka he is extremly smart and people think beserk as being stupid and not in depth. but really with guts being modeled off real historical characters and puck from shakespear, one has to know that miura isnt you'r averge tite kubo

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Black124C41's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick question, recently finished reading all the current Berserk manga.

Has Gutts ever told anyone in his current group exactly what happened to him and Casca? Do they know exactly who and what Griffith IS now? I mean we know Farnese has no idea why Casca is currently in the state she is in but how about Schierke? does she have even a clue about whats going on? I mean I imagine Flora must have gotten wind of the Eclipse and the events that followed due to her connections with Skull Knight so she could have told her but...eh who knows.

I mean clearly they all understand the need to kill emisaries etc but for instance I imagine they all got a little confused when Gutts fourght with Zod and then had a polite chat with him afterwards.

I think that is one thing I would truly like to read, Gutts sitting down and telling everyone exactly what happened.....then again maybe he just doesn't trust them enough yet, wouldn't be unlike him, or the more likely idea that he just can't face talking about it.

One of the things after reading that really has me quite literely worried is the idea of what will happen to Casca if/when she is "healed", will she regain her memories and love for Gutts? will she be driven completely insane when she is faced with actualy dealing with the events of the Eclipse? Will she regain her sanity but retain her hatred for Gutts?

I think anything but option 1 would kill me.

Oh another qusetion, the myserious child on the beach, are there any theories around who/what he (I assume it was a boy?) is? The only idea i've had is that it was either simply a random kid (seems unlikely) or that it was in fact the true form of Gutts and Casca's son, some kind of remnant that came about when Griffith was reborn....and then there is the idea that it is the soul of the child and has now become a demon, which would suck.

Anyway, amazing story, absolutely love it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ameya730's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black124C41 View Post
    Quick question, recently finished reading all the current Berserk manga.

Has Gutts ever told anyone in his current group exactly what happened to him and Casca? Do they know exactly who and what Griffith IS now? I mean we know Farnese has no idea why Casca is currently in the state she is in but how about Schierke? does she have even a clue about whats going on? I mean I imagine Flora must have gotten wind of the Eclipse and the events that followed due to her connections with Skull Knight so she could have told her but...eh who knows.

I mean clearly they all understand the need to kill emisaries etc but for instance I imagine they all got a little confused when Gutts fourght with Zod and then had a polite chat with him afterwards.

I think that is one thing I would truly like to read, Gutts sitting down and telling everyone exactly what happened.....then again maybe he just doesn't trust them enough yet, wouldn't be unlike him, or the more likely idea that he just can't face talking about it.

One of the things after reading that really has me quite literely worried is the idea of what will happen to Casca if/when she is "healed", will she regain her memories and love for Gutts? will she be driven completely insane when she is faced with actualy dealing with the events of the Eclipse? Will she regain her sanity but retain her hatred for Gutts?

I think anything but option 1 would kill me.

Oh another qusetion, the myserious child on the beach, are there any theories around who/what he (I assume it was a boy?) is? The only idea i've had is that it was either simply a random kid (seems unlikely) or that it was in fact the true form of Gutts and Casca's son, some kind of remnant that came about when Griffith was reborn....and then there is the idea that it is the soul of the child and has now become a demon, which would suck.

Anyway, amazing story, absolutely love it.
    the elf who is always with guts knows what happened between guts caska and god hand. he does not know the complete history just the images that he was able to view in guts mind when guts had gone berserk

as far as the others are concerned they dont know about guts past and frankly i dont think they care too much about it apart from the witch who was advised by her sensai to observe guts cause he was a very intriguing person.
    ishidoro only wants to learn how to fight and thats why he is following guts while farnese wants to change herself completely and till now guts is the only person who has shown her the courage that she was desperately trying to find

nonetheless during the course of their travels all of them inspite of having ulterior motives have come closer as companions so i am sure one day they would find out abouts guts past but i dont think guts would tell them . he does not seem that kind of a person. if anything there is a good chance that rickett would tell them abouts guts past.

the child on the beach is very likely to be guts and caska and griffith/femto's child. basically during eclipse caska was pregnant and then she got raped by femto which resulted in premature birth of a mutated child

during the conviction arc the emperor's egg took the almost dead child in itself which probably resulted in the child being given the form that we currently see (<--speculation)

the child seems to have a feeling of oneness with caska and even tough it feels some resentment towards guts it nonetheless feels curiosity towards him as they are related.

it remains to be seen how much of a demon it has become and whether it would retain both the characteristics of human and demon or whether one of the characteristics would dominate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Black124C41's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't take Gutts as the kind to really want to explain his past to people, I mean I could be wrong but I think he wants as little to do with as possible outside of getting Casca back to her old self and ripping Griffith limb from limb.

Completely forgot about Puck, bloody annoying little critter that he is, I wonder how much he really knows or has at least speculated, he has kinda been pushed into obscurity and comic relief, or at least more so than he used to be.

Luckily though I imagine these things will be explained, luckily due to Miura being a very good writer what there is to speculate on is never particularly outlandish and logicaly there are only a certain amount of possibilities.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 309 Discussion

I recently made the mistake of reading all the Berserk recently, just to find out after I did that the Mangaka is very flighty and unreliable to continue the manga. Now I know this may not be TRUE but it seems like he has a reoccurring problem...

"Berserk mangaka Kentaro Miura has given up manga in order to become a full-time Nico-maniac, with his days spent watching Idolmaster MADs and typing in insightful strings of “www”.

Lately he has even taken to interfering with the work of uninfected mangaka, attempting to turn them by way of classes held at his home.

His long-time friend and fellow mangaka Kouji Mori (who recently completed his long-running “Holy Land” manga and so is especially vulnerable) reports being subjected to just such an attempt, a two hour course on the secrets of NicoNico Idolmaster videos.

Fans are exasperatedly asking that Miura return to completing his magnum opus, though his symptoms do not appear to be in remission…"

this was quoted from a website that I found when searching for any answers to if he would return to the manga. I won't post a link to the site I found this on (due to some Hentai related pictures that are shown on the site...)

but I can tell you if you want to find it, google "why does Kentaro Miura take so many breaks?" the site has numerous stories about his "problem"...

but I can post the Japanese site that states it

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-2538.html
    Last edited by ghostexiled; December 07, 2009 at 08:14 AM.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    I recently made the mistake of reading all the Berserk recently, just to find out after I did that the Mangaka is very flighty and unreliable to continue the manga.

"Berserk mangaka Kentaro Miura has given up manga in order to become a full-time Nico-maniac, with his days spent watching Idolmaster MADs and typing in insightful strings of “www”.

Lately he has even taken to interfering with the work of uninfected mangaka, attempting to turn them by way of classes held at his home.

His long-time friend and fellow mangaka Kouji Mori (who recently completed his long-running “Holy Land” manga and so is especially vulnerable) reports being subjected to just such an attempt, a two hour course on the secrets of NicoNico Idolmaster videos.

Fans are exasperatedly asking that Miura return to completing his magnum opus, though his symptoms do not appear to be in remission…"

this was quoted from a website that I found when searching for any answers to if he would return to the manga. I won't post a link to the site I found this on (due to some Hentai related pictures that are shown on the site...)

but I can tell you if you want to find it, google "why does Kentaro Miura take so many breaks?" the site has numerous stories about his "problem"...

but I can post the Japanese site that states it

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-2538.html

Read HERE. Hopefully that will shed some light on what you've been reading.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I had a feeling I should of known better...

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess this is what I get when I stay up too late lurking through the internets.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the idolmaster thing is just a joke that the fans made up to explain the releases (or lack of)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well I had heard before that the releases were kind of hit and miss before reading the entire manga series during a weekend... so I came here to read comments from you guys and could not really see a reason for this release issue.

so I googled it and that was the most returned story on why he does not release the manga on time.

next time I will just PM someone before posting things in my hazing sleepless state!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    well I had heard before that the releases were kind of hit and miss before reading the entire manga series during a weekend... so I came here to read comments from you guys and could not really see a reason for this release issue.

so I googled it and that was the most returned story on why he does not release the manga on time.

next time I will just PM someone before posting things in my hazing sleepless state!
    He takes frequent breaks ya, for various reasons. =_=
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHA i actually lol'd when i read that, idolmaster and strings of " www "

HAHAHAH xD you have to be hardcore to understand the sarcasm behind that xD!

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

The IdolM@ster stuff isn't really a rumor, as he's mentioned in his author's comments section in Young Animal that he enjoys the game and Nico Nico Douga.

This discussion was moved to a more appropriate thread. > xi0
    Last edited by xi0; December 10, 2009 at 04:55 PM.

New Reply
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast