Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk General Discussion Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    I do understand him planning an arc but during this one arc he took a lot of breaks, so concluding it and then take a break to plan would be more reasonable. On the other hand I am kind of used to getting hyper before a new chapter of Berserk and then get disappointed with a break.
    I am beyond the point of being disappointed. Its like being angry that you can't drink corrosive acid. There is no point.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

One volume per year is actually the worst trend that Miura has followed, this diminishes all hope for us getting ANYTHING more this year, sadly he does do two volumes sometimes but it is really rare and the current pace will not change. Hopefully some chapters come till the end of the year. Or we will have to wait for the movie to get some Berserk magic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

And when I think that, if it's a movie (and IT IS a movie), then we'll have to wait for the DVD to come out if we want decent quality, meaning 1-3 months more... Or is it going to be released on DVD right after it has aired around the country? >_>
    Last edited by crazy_horse1989; October 03, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^

The movie will most likely be all over the Internet in raw form after it airs, in raw form meaning that it will not be subbed, then again translating a movie i much more difficult then weekly episodes of other anime, so it might take a while, as for quality it seems it will not be so great, it will be like any other series when it's freshly uploaded on the Internet, of course quality may improve.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spartacus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the 1st half of the movie won't be as interesting as the continuations.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it does cover the first part of golden age, of course we all know the second part is the better one. I am curious as to how that part will be covered, dramatic scenes, music and voice acting, it would be awesome if the voice acting is like I imagine it when I am reading the manga.

Also a few months ago I watched mangaka or what ever they were reviewing golden age on Japanese television, it was a video that I can not simply find now, does anyone have information on what this is? They really stepped up with going into detailed analysis of the characters from what I saw.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello folks, i have something i want to ask.
    it has been long time since i read berserk and i will start soon but before that i want to know a few thing if it is explained. First, what are this god hands? I mean, they are god of this world? Creator of this world? They was there from the start?Or evil itself? Who give them this power? What are theri goals? Who is their boss? Who is the first God hand? Are there any explation about god hands?

i know i ask a lot but i really really curious about this gods

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4sprz View Post
    Hello folks, i have something i want to ask.
    it has been long time since i read berserk and i will start soon but before that i want to know a few thing if it is explained. First, what are this god hands? I mean, they are god of this world? Creator of this world? They was there from the start?Or evil itself? Who give them this power? What are theri goals? Who is their boss? Who is the first God hand? Are there any explation about god hands?

i know i ask a lot but i really really curious about this gods
    At what chapter did you stop reading? And are you sure that you want to get spoiled when these questions are answered?

Just asking because you really should catch up to the manga currently without getting spoiled.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    At what chapter did you stop reading? And are you sure that you want to get spoiled when these questions are answered?

Just asking because you really should catch up to the manga currently without getting spoiled.
    If it is answered, then it is ok. I can waait a little longer.

first off, i thank you for your warning. I'm currently reading volume 10, eve of the festival arc. But once i read chapter 250 or 260, im not sure. And when i was reading, i didnt focus, just read swiftly so im not remember anything. Which chapter those question i asked answered, you remember?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4sprz View Post
    If it is answered, then it is ok. I can waait a little longer.

first off, i thank you for your warning. I'm currently reading volume 10, eve of the festival arc. But once i read chapter 250 or 260, im not sure. And when i was reading, i didnt focus, just read swiftly so im not remember anything. Which chapter those question i asked answered, you remember?
    Ok, well the story as it goes on does not provide many answers for the God Hand as a group, we do not meet them much, only Griffith, so the truth is we do not know much about them at all as the story goes on. The story focuses on other things mostly on Guts rather than them, so their origin and nature is still unknown.

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see how this movie will give its own alternate ending on the continuations.
    I'm glad that the producers of this film concluded that a series like Berserk cannot be summarized in a 1hr-2hr movie.
    I read on some Japanese fan site that a new commercial will be released next month. I hope they show something new.
    But I think they've shown enough previews. If they show anymore, it'll just spoil the surprise.

|| AnimanGa News: 11/13-11/18 || .GIF Thread || Genius - Choice? ||

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asahina View Post
    I would love to see how this movie will give its own alternate ending on the continuations.
    I'm glad that the producers of this film concluded that a series like Berserk cannot be summarized in a 1hr-2hr movie.
    I read on some Japanese fan site that a new commercial will be released next month. I hope they show something new.
    But I think they've shown enough previews. If they show anymore, it'll just spoil the surprise.
    Do you mean how they'll end the first movie and subsequent sequels? I'd assume they'd just go by arcs...of course there will be a time when the movies catch up to the manga though, and then the wait for another movie will be EVEN longer, if it another one comes at all.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Magjee's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

In 2003 or so I started reading the manga, I think it took a week to catch up.

Since then Ive been waiting on releases, I find it hard to believe that in the last eight years we only had 10 volumes.

Enjoying Berserk is like a life long journey.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, when I first started reading I think the manga had hit the part with Gaiseric and that apostate mage. It took sooo long to catch up, then it's all been about new releases. At this point, the most sensible solution is to skip the manga for a while and return once ever fiew months to catch up.

On topic, the mermaid's singing might neutralise the sonic attack from the heart, allowing Gutz to kill it.

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish there was a colored version of Berserk when the volumes are released.
    They should publish the volumes in color cause it will take super long for any video adaptations catching up to the current chapters.

The length of time for all this wait, should have gone to good use by the publishers.
    It's like Japan only depends on video adaptations to promote their manga series. Publishers need to contribute to their popular series. Why release a volume in black & white? Especially for a series like Berserk that takes up too much time for one damn arc. I think it's ridiculous.

New Reply
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast