Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk General Discussion Thread

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk General Discussion Thread

I disagree about the "unnecessary" art though. Most especially about the architecture. It's really one of the things that most artists/writers love to gloss over, but for those few who don't, those few who actually find time to get the readers to visualize the world their story is in, those few artists/writers are worth the praise.

I'm a reader who's very particular about the architecture, not just because I was an architecture major, but because there are places that can only happen in fiction, and for artists to be able to flesh it all out and make possible takes extra imagination on their part.

Falconia's architecture was crazy- in the sense that those roads go all the way up, and when he details those stuff, what he probably wants to express is that you as a reader, should also feel the awe that Rickert was seeing- he was seeing something never seen before, something that, if you consider how cities and structures that size were built, that Falconia became overnight, definitely means, through his drawing, and not just through mere text, that Griffith performed a friggin' miracle.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I like architecture, and understand that Falconia could be considered a wonder from an architectural point of view, is it necessary to have 4 or 6 pages each chapter dedicated to just drawing it, when those pages could have been used more efficiently by having more dialogues or monologues? When it comes to writing you can understand the limits of describing too much instead of knowing the thoughts of the characters for example. I'm not saying Miura is bad at writing, but he should focus more on the plot than the details, unless of course these are part of the plot which I really doubt.
    I'm not just talking about the architecture, but in general. Miura has become obsessed with his art, to the point that he feels that every chapter should have at least 1 or 2 double spreads,just so he can show that he's good at what he's doing. I might be exaggerating, but right now I find myself enjoying manga like Magi more than Berserk, because lately Berserk has become more about the setting than the actual plot.
    Last edited by ladylola; May 30, 2014 at 05:07 PM.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you guys are being really nitpicky here. The issues you have with the lack of "story" are accentuated tenfold because of how little content we get in a year, I think. If you read it more in bulk form, you'd probably enjoy it much more.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi All!

I've been collecting Berserk manga for a good 6-7 years now for later read when it is finishes (seen the anime).

I've a question for those people here who are up-to-date with the latest manga events! Can you guess how much until this manga is finished, how much chapter away based on the current events?

I've been waiting years now to read this manga as a whole finally.. how much do you think I've to wait?

PLEASE Dont spoil anything!! I Dont want to know ANYTHING that is currently going on nor discussion about it, only a guess how many chapter needs until every major event is resolved, every villain is dead! At least is the manga at halfway point or two-third (2/3) aready?

Thank You very much in advance!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Miura will die before Berserk is finished.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

...and we'll all commit suicide and die with him.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the answers! So there is THAT much remained to tell in the story?
    Well, if its true, I guess I will collect this manga for a few more years... HATE monthly mangas cant stand to wait for the next chapter that much..

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for my post earlier, I was half serious half joking.To answer your question,I don't remember exactly but it was a while now, Miura said that the story was 70% complete. That means there's 30% left, but considering the hectic schedule that Berserk has, I don't think we'd see the end anytime soon.I think it's a wise idea to continue to buy the books, and wait for it to be completed, if that ever happens. In the meantime you can read other mangas of the same quality of Berserk

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i've also started collecting the manga, but I'm up to date. And so far I've only collected 7 volumes. I don't like to buy out of order so I can only buy it if the local bookstore has the next volume I'm waiting for. And even with this style of buying, I don't think I'll be worried because i'll have a lot of time waiting for the rest of the story lol.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you guys would like to kill some fellow members...please sign up here...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ion-Thread-v.9

long live the god's hand(mafia)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk as a manga evolved over time to what that mangaka saw it as. At first it was nothing more than a story, a dark fantasy, with dark setting, dark ideals, and unforgiving aspects of human nature.

Overtime however with the popularity and dedication towards the manga it turned into his personal footprint in history. It no longer is something that is just a paycheck to him and purely about telling a story as fast as he can then getting paid for it, now it's about creating a masterpiece.

Think of the great artist from the past, their artwork, masterpieces were in essence just potraits, landscapes or depictions of grand concepts. But their styles how they went about it, is what put them in focus in history and this is what Miura is doing. Yes it means the art piece is going to take longer to accomplish but this is how Miura wants to do it. He has the freedom which allows him to produce a piece of art for the masses to enjoy and for history to keep in memory which is completely the opposite from some mangaka that become burned out or later simplify their art style to completley deadlines, Miura can treat his story as art moreso because he has that ability to flesh it out to his perfectionist design.

Maybe later on he will speed up the process of his story, or who knows, maybe he already has. There is nothing that says he's doing everything in order, unless it has been noted, but maybe while he's working on chapters that are "harder" because of the detail needed to finish the chapter, he's also been working and completing easier chapters so that at some point when he doesn't need to focus on the intricate design of ships, building and the likes he can release chapters at a quicker pace because those chapters didn't require the fine line of details like those other chapters did.

Time will tell though but for now I think it's better to see this as a masterpiece in the making, and masterpieces take time to produce, while yes it would be enjoyable to see the story play out faster the passion behind each chapter is always shown and it reflects heavily how dedicated Miura is to his piece.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

TheWanderer, The problem is Miura is an old geezer, is the art more important than the story ? What if the guy will get hit by a car tommorow? Will an unfinished manga be something worth looking at? Wouldnt it be like Michelangelo only drew half of the "Creation of Adam" ? Most propably such art would be removed and forgotten long time ago.
    Last edited by killy-.-; July 05, 2014 at 05:18 PM.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killy-.- View Post
    TheWanderer, The problem is Miura is an old geezer, is the art more important than the story ? What if the guy will get hit by a car tommorow? Will an unfinished manga be something worth looking at? Wouldnt it be like Michelangelo only drew half of the "Creation of Adam" ? Most propably such art would be removed and forgotten long time ago.
    Miura is 47, not an old geezer

And everything you said could be said about any mangaka, regardless of their schedule. It's kind of ridiculous for any fan to tell Miura how to work. "Oh, just tone down the art a bit and release more". It's clearly not that simple and someone like Miura obviously has a vision for what he wants Berserk to be and he isn't going to compromise on that.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killy-.- View Post
    Miura will die before Berserk is finished.
    Testing me aren't you? :P

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Miura is 47, not an old geezer

And everything you said could be said about any mangaka, regardless of their schedule. It's kind of ridiculous for any fan to tell Miura how to work. "Oh, just tone down the art a bit and release more". It's clearly not that simple and someone like Miura obviously has a vision for what he wants Berserk to be and he isn't going to compromise on that.
    Ya I don't get that logic either. You want more yet asking miura to change his style is the same as not getting the manga any more. No, Miura doesn't need to change a thing.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

how can you ask a mangaka to sacrifice his art? this is hilarious. if any one person does it for passion or some real purpose, he/she can't compromise anything even if it kills them. That's just the way things go, bro.

there are some that could really go unfinished because of untimely deaths or accidents but i don't particularly mind. i mean sure, it's a bummer but, shit happens. I can only name two at the top of my head and they're shoujo manga- 'It Started With A Kiss' was never completed due to the death of the author but the work's very popular and has been adapted into anime and live-action drama by three different countries. 'Nana' is also on hiatus because of the mangaka's injury with her wrist and it's been on hold for five years. yeah us readers have been waiting patiently. Yet that work has inspired an anime and movie adaptation as well despite it being unfinished.

I don't really "take it out on Miura". you could, say, move on with Real life a bit until a new chapter comes out. That way, you wouldn't feel the need to email him to get his ass moving about releasing chapters and "tone down his art".

New Reply
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast