Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk General Discussion Thread

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk Discussion Thread

Didn't know Taylor was into Berserk. XD

This is good then. ^_^ It'll get more attention, too. XD Hopefully soon, we'll do the same for Vagabond and Blade of the Immortal, huh, Ken-chan? XD

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

GK, if you watched the anime you should realized that it was the 1st part of the manga before this arc with crazy casca, the same goes for the game except it takes off some part after the anime. anime==the chaoitc manga till he becomes free. and the manga is what it is now.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

To be more accurate, the anime cover the arc refered as the "Golden Age" and end with the Eclipse. The anime also skip some sick moments from the Golden Age, like the Black Dogs pursuit (and in my opinion one of the best fights in Berserk, Guts Vs the leader of the Black Dogs, Wlidad or something like that).

So considering Miura art I would say the manga is better. I wish they would do a "Berserk Ultimate" Hellsing style, now that would be worthwhile...At least I found the soundtrack of the anime to be pretty damn good.
    [img width=550 height=147]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2752/newsighj0.jpg[/img]

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I only watched the first episode but I did gather lately through conversation that it was all about the Golden Age. I wonder if they're planning to do a new Berserk anime later on.

Guess it makes sense they'd exclude Puck, though I'm pretty shocked that they decided to end the anime with the ending of the Golden Age, because that wasn't a very nice way to end it on.

Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

The anime got me into Berserk the manga, and I don't know why they did the anime that way, or stop it so early. For non-readers it doesn't make that much difference, but they miss on all the later implications in Guts character and all the persons surrounding him.
    A lot of people might consider the relation of Guts/Band of the Hawks as central in the Guts psyche if looking at the anime only, but it's possibly not entirely true: if this was true it mean that Guts has been sucked in the maelstrom of fate, but it's been established that he's one of the rare being that live outside fate. So even if it's admitted that his encounters with the Hawks got him where he is now, it was probably just something he had to go through to realize his own destiny OUTSIDE the flow of fate.
    Erh...just meant to say, go read the manga, there's much more there.
    [img width=550 height=147]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2752/newsighj0.jpg[/img]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the anime also got me into berserk manga, just that I was like WHERE THE REST, all the while I was thinking more was coming, then realization that none was, I then went on to kill people at random, till I found the manga. And Guts encounter with the hawks was by chance. Guts does things for his own reason, and no one elses. Granted he does it in the way that he seems to be a lap dog, the part where he kills off those people for griffin at the ball, but I still think he did it for whatever reason.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlbatorBis
    ... it's been established that he's one of the rare being that live outside fate. So even if it's admitted that his encounters with the Hawks got him where he is now, it was probably just something he had to go through to realize his own destiny OUTSIDE the flow of fate.
    I think he was always outside of fate, ever since his irregular birth.

Quote Quote:
    Erh...just meant to say, go read the manga, there's much more there.
    Definitely agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSniffles
    Guts does things for his own reason, and no one elses. Granted he does it in the way that he seems to be a lap dog, the part where he kills off those people for griffin at the ball, but I still think he did it for whatever reason.
    Yeah, Griffin wanted to "tame" him, but couldn't.

Post Thanks / Like

heres a link to 271
    http://bt.mindwerks.net/allowed/3f94...2e8add.torrent
    scanlated by evil genius

Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

My thank you.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KaiserRyuujin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy hell had no idea this was here. o.o Awsome!

I got into it from my Uncle giving me one the art books for my birthday. I couldnt read a thing on it, but it caught my eye. So I got hold and bam been loving it. Sorry had to give that info :P

Anyway, I dont see the whole tiff with the turn of Berserk, I have seen on mindwerks some people talking like its D&D. But I dont see it like that, and some dont like the slow moments. The way I am seeing it is it's just the calm before the storm. Gutts now has his Berserker Armor, Griffith has acended to a greater form. I am waiting for the further darkness to engulf Midland once again. Griffith is quite essentially recreating the Band of the Hawks, and considering what happened before, its gotta mean some crazy things to befall everyone.

As I recal seeing of an interview or something from Miura the story now is just begining, and if so, that makes it even more promising.

As I noticed being brought up, the differences of the Manga and Anime and it is quite vast obviously. Somethings already stated, the good thing also was, you did get more key in to Gutts, the dude actually smiled and not psychotically while turning the Snake Baron into a pin cushion. Plus you really cant deny Miura's great detailed artwork.

Its cool in the art book as it shows Kentaro Miura by a recreation of the "Dragon Slayer" and I just look and go, "God....I wish I could wield that thing...o.o"

Also, I loved his addition Volume 13: Chapter 3.5 – God of the Abyss II and Griffith becoming "Femto", which was Griffiths little chat with "God". Because it was basically a lump of hatred dreamed up by man, and the way he put it, I couldnt help but think how perfect and just insane it was. It was a great addition to the manga and gives some extra depth to the world.

Reminds me...I still need to buy the PS2 Berserk game which looks sooooo freakin sweet. I played the Dreamcast one which was sweet, only game I actually liked on the Dreamcast, thankfully my friend had Dreamcast so I wouldnt have to bother :P

Anyway, it always rules seeing more and more Berserk fans coming about, because it seems there are only two big forums still active. Most sites are quite dead and old and close to zip activity.

Okay, thats the end of my rant. Havent gotten to do that in awhile Heh heh.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserRyuujin
    As I recal seeing of an interview or something from Miura the story now is just begining, and if so, that makes it even more promising.
    I kinda got that sense too. Seemed like the first 25 volumes were something of a prelude, which is crazy XD

Quote Quote:
    Its cool in the art book as it shows Kentaro Miura by a recreation of the "Dragon Slayer" and I just look and go, "God....I wish I could wield that thing...o.o"
    Yeah - I can see why it could have inspired Cloud of Final Fantasy VII.

Quote Quote:
    Also, I loved his addition Volume 13: Chapter 3.5 – God of the Abyss II and Griffith becoming "Femto", which was Griffiths little chat with "God". Because it was basically a lump of hatred dreamed up by man, and the way he put it, I couldnt help but think how perfect and just insane it was. It was a great addition to the manga and gives some extra depth to the world.
    That's what we refer to as the "Lost Chapter." You mean you've actually read it? Would you be able to upload it somewhere for us? I'd love to see it as well.

Quote Quote:
    Reminds me...I still need to buy the PS2 Berserk game which looks sooooo freakin sweet. I played the Dreamcast one which was sweet, only game I actually liked on the Dreamcast, thankfully my friend had Dreamcast so I wouldnt have to bother :P
    They look insane, yeah!

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, it always rules seeing more and more Berserk fans coming about, because it seems there are only two big forums still active. Most sites are quite dead and old and close to zip activity.

Okay, thats the end of my rant. Havent gotten to do that in awhile Heh heh.
    Glad you're happy to see a Berserk forum here ^^

Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

There you go, DD and props to The Hawks:
    http://forums.mindwerks.net/viewtopi...t=lost+chapter

I should mention, since we talk about about it, that we also have the Berserk prototype available, quite different from what it is now, but you can tell Miura already had a good idea of what Berserk would be made of. The most noticable difference is Guts's personality.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sweet the lost chapter, never knew about it....this must have taken place inside the egg.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KaiserRyuujin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    I kinda got that sense too. Seemed like the first 25 volumes were something of a prelude, which is crazy XD

Yeah - I can see why it could have inspired Cloud of Final Fantasy VII.

That's what we refer to as the "Lost Chapter." You mean you've actually read it? Would you be able to upload it somewhere for us? I'd love to see it as well.

They look insane, yeah!

Glad you're happy to see a Berserk forum here ^^
    Yeah it is pretty crazy thought, as I am assuming its a transcendance from a manga he himself is a fan of that is like going for the Worlds Record of longest going Manga, I neglect to know the name at the moment.

Heh heh you never know, it could very well be the place of inspiration for Clouds Buster Sword, never know.

True it is referred to as "The Lost Chapter" but it was a late addition thats now out there and will be when its released in the US...hopefully. :/

Indeed so, nothing better then getting the chance to be Gutts swinging his massive swords fighting Zodd and others.

Yup its great to know.

Okay. Now here are some links I got for you, that stretch out to Mindwerks Forums because thats where I found the "Lost Chapter" the "Prototype" as well also here is an Interview with Miura.

In the Prototype ya Gutts is a good deal different, more of a loud abnoxious pirate type. Not so much the cold psychopath we know him to be. Heh heh.

Links:

(Note: You will need a bittorrent to download the manga's)

Volume 13: Chapter 3.5 – God of the Abyss II

Interview: Kentaro Muira, creator of Berserk

BERSERK PROTOTYPE

Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I guess my post wasn't clear enough.
    And no you don't need Bittorrent for the Lost Chapter since it's DD, chapter from the Hawks. You need it for the pretotype though since it's hosted on our server.

New Reply
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast