Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk General Discussion Thread

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    I'm sorry, but what I said was based on presumption. He may very well be totally dedicated into making Berserk. I've read that it takes him approx. one month to make one episode (chapter). Well then, that's about 12 episodes a year = one volume + 2 or 3 episodes. We didn't even get that this year.

If it takes about a month to make a chapter (episode), then why not make Berserk a monthly released manga and put an end to all the confusion that's caused when breaks last longer than 3 months? Because (here's more presumption) he isn't working on a deadline. There isn't anyone biting his ass to get the stuff out on a timely basis. Hey, I'm all for the artist being allowed to have the freedom to as he/she pleases, but even Bill Watterson still met his deadlines.
    This is all ignoring the fact that he and Young Animal obviously have an understanding. A mangaka is paid by their publication per page they produce. That and royalties from licensing and whatever else he does must supplement his income enough that he doesn't care to live the grueling lifestyle that most mangaka do. I'm sure he had many years of that already, enough to realize he wants no part of it.

It's hard to say he isn't dedicated to his creation though, given the amount of work he puts into it. That can't be said of all mangaka who aren't regular with their stuff though

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm eagerly awaiting the next coming chapters of Berserk, but I'm not going to post comments in the forum out of "entitlement". Especially when, this manga is being given to me for free. Miura knows what he's doing and when, the story continues, most of you will forget about your issues of him taking too long to release a chapter.

I'm more interested in the idea of Warner Bros. putting out more than 3 movies of Berserk.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps the key question that is boggling everyone's mind is WHY is Miura taking so long. So far, I have never seen a certain answer on it, there were a few speculations, but they were never 100% certain I believe. We of course enjoy Berserk even if the publications go YEARLY(), however I really think most would be at peace when we find out with certainty what this is all about.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe what I read about Miura here.
    Slacking off? Good grief.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sir_arles View Post
    I can't believe what I read about Miura here.
    Slacking off? Good grief.
    Me neither.I don't get why you people are so pissed off at Miura. He's a fucking artist/mangaka. You can't rush an artist.Besides he's not our slave, and I'm glad he prefers to take his time to provide quality material (compared to other manga) rather than releasing a chapter every week like all those "commercial" mangakas do. Ok we all know we're tired of waiting, we're tired of all those breaks, but maybe he's ill or something.Maybe he's busy with his family life(I doubt it but who knows?). Besides no one is forcing you to read the goddamn manga. So please enough of this bitching about Miura and chapters not getting released as fast as you'd want them to be. I've heard this ranting in every Berserk forum I've been and It's always the same thing. And I'm tired of it.I try to put myself in Miura's place.Every panel must take at least 5 hours to get done(drawing and inking). So yeah It's a lot of work for 24 pages. Not to mention that you can't always be inspired. So cut him some slack geez and get a life!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sir_arles View Post
    Going to waste? Really?
    Absolutely

I'm not actually criticizing Miura's work here, it is close to being perfect in many levels : story and art
    But if actually sharing the work with assistants will enable him to at least publish the chapters more frequently (20 pages monthly for example), I think it would be better, why ? Because I'm pretty afraid that the story won't finish or would be wrapped, there's still much much more to the story, I could say we've reached halfway

Guts is still no way strong to beat a Godhand, we still know nothing about Skull Knight, nor the other God Hands, we have yet to witness the " Age of darkness " that Slan talked about back when Griffith became the fifth God Hand, we've yet to see what is going to happen in Falconia, there's many many things left, and I'd truly hate it if the story won't get finished

Mirua is 46 years old now, the older he gets, the more troublesome it will be for him to keep up doing everything, he isn't young as he used to be when he began Berserk at 1989

A great, unfinished story, is indeed a waste, because it could've been completed if he used some help

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are seriously underestimating Miura's intelligence.
    And making some statements that you don't know to be true for sure, just pure speculation.

Miura knows better than us his age, how long it will take to finish the manga and how much time is needed to do so.
    I'm gonna just relax and enjoy the ride: so far Miura has spent more than 20 years developing a breathtaking story, and I have no reasons to doubt him now.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Chillax Wait and enjoy every announcement of the returns! Then enjoy the chapter then after 15 chapters are done go back to chapter 1 and read them all
    I enjoy reading the volumes every time. I'll be in bed reading them for hours lololol.

You know what I have found funny (well great/awesome) Miura's art 21 years ago was better (IMO) than anything else and still is 21 years later. He hasn't change much with his work except for the posh up on character detail and the round nose lol.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Chillax Wait and enjoy every announcement of the returns! Then enjoy the chapter then after 15 chapters are done go back to chapter 1 and read them all
    I enjoy reading the volumes every time. I'll be in bed reading them for hours lololol.

You know what I have found funny (well great/awesome) Miura's art 21 years ago was better (IMO) than anything else and still is 21 years later. He hasn't change much with his work except for the posh up on character detail and the round nose lol.
    Oh no no, his art changed drastically over the volumes, you can't compare between Guts back at the Count arc and between Guts now, the art got better, and that happens with every mangaka usually, the more the mangaka write/draw his manga, the better his style get

Quote Quote:
    I think you are seriously underestimating Miura's intelligence.
    And making some statements that you don't know to be true for sure, just pure speculation.

Miura knows better than us his age, how long it will take to finish the manga and how much time is needed to do so.
    I'm gonna just relax and enjoy the ride: so far Miura has spent more than 20 years developing a breathtaking story, and I have no reasons to doubt him now.
    I'm not underestimating him at all... And how it is pure speculation to say that there's many things that has yet to be explained when the manga itself shows them ? The big questions have yet to be answered, a lot of volumes were about Guts/Griffith and the Band of Hawk in general which served as the main pillar of the story, but Miura brought a lot of characters into his manga now, just the 4 remaining God Hand and the Skull Knight each of them would need a lot of chapters to reveal their mysteries, I could see a whole volume or more just dedicated to them since they're extremely shrouded in mystery.

The many mysteries for me are :
    - God Hand
    - Skull Knight
    - Age of Darkness
    - Guts strenght and how will he at least beat Griffith
    - The Behelit with Guts : How's he's gonna use it ? I doubt Miura kept such an item with him for so long only to have no importance to the plot
    - What's gonna happen to the world now with Griffith becoming like the King of the world ?
    - The main apostles of the new Band of the Hawk (Zodd, Lucas, Grunbeld, Irvine)
    - How Guts's friends are gonna get strong enough help him too ?
    - The whole Idea of Evil which was quite explained, but I feel that Miura has yet to show us all about it
    - The material world, and how it has merged with the astral world and what's gonna happen to it ?

We are definitely half way through this, right now, is just gonna be the beginning of the real deal

I'm also taking into account Miura's style : the pacing, the drawings, his tendency to be quite " deep " when he explains the past of many characters (example is Farneze and Serpico, it took quite some chapters to explain the deep relationship between them), the reason why Berserk is so good is that Miura doesn't rush, hence why the story has ZERO plothole and an extremely good consistency, and when I see just how many things are left there, I'm just afraid I won't get to see THE PERFECT end for this masterpiece, I don't want something rushed or wrapped, that would be an insult to his work

(I omitted Caska and her ordeal from the list because we're gonna get the answer soon enough)
    Last edited by Zehahaha; October 01, 2012 at 12:23 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Perhaps the key question that is boggling everyone's mind is WHY is Miura taking so long. So far, I have never seen a certain answer on it, there were a few speculations, but they were never 100% certain I believe. We of course enjoy Berserk even if the publications go YEARLY(), however I really think most would be at peace when we find out with certainty what this is all about.
    I think a good way to get an idea of the work Miura puts into a chapter would be to replicated by hand a chapter he produces to every fine detail. But then that in itself isn't enough because you didn't create the script nor the rough copy of the chapter itself. Then even with the rough copy of the chapter things may change from the final edit. So you have to put that all into account along with the fine detail he puts into every panel and you would prolly get a better idea as to why it takes as long as it does for him to produce a chapter.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner masasakia's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure if i can post scanslations here...can't remember sorry
    so i'll leave it to an admin or something to edit this if it is needed...?

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/510/3
    http://www.mangareader.net/96-1159-1...apter-303.html

blackface

imo
    bleach's author, tite kubo, uses this due to a lack of time for character design
    he's stated in the past that he has had trouble with character design as well
    also, alotta his characters look the same now lol..., in terms of facial structure and stuff

miura on the other hand uses it from artistic stand point
    also, he uses it on all his characters in that episode
    i think it's used to portray a dark past or something...
    sorry if i can't elaborate lol

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the obsession with a schedule. Come on guys. That's what shonens are for. Berserk is a work of art, let Miura give it to us when he feels like it. I get the idea that if it was any faster in release it would lose part of what makes the manga so good.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk 331 Discussion

Release date: Friday 12 of October
    First RAW scans scheduled for: Approximately today Tuesday or tomorrow Wednesday

Source: http://thebandofthehawk.wordpress.co...-capitulo-331/

Will be a special release of 24 pages, more than the 18/20 normal.
    Last edited by bcnmanga; October 09, 2012 at 05:25 AM.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't, please visit Community Awards 2012. Your contribution is valuable to us.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 331 Discussion

Special release... Let's wait for...

New Reply
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast