Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk General Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KaiserRyuujin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AlbatorBis
    Meh, I guess my post wasn't clear enough.
    And no you don't need Bittorrent for the Lost Chapter since it's DD, chapter from the Hawks. You need it for the pretotype though since it's hosted on our server.
    Oh my bad, I just jumped in to post really quick, had to get to other things. ^^;;

But it was also my bad on the subject of the torrents.

My appologies AlbatorBis for missing your post.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it ^^

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

=O WWOOOHOO!!

Thaks for those wonderful links. ^_^

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member eQuek's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

272 will be released the 14th april, does any1 got any expectations/predictations?
    I think that it'll just be a ordinary "slay all the monster"-chapter :P
    But after this fight they should be able to leave to elfeinhelm, 'cause the sorcerer was a some kind of an commander of the psichka (or something like that, those big ass water monsters anyway).
    So in maybe the next 5 chapters they should be in elfeinhelm, hopefully. I can't wait to see Caska "revived". There will probaply be some flashbacks and comfort Caska scenes later on but after that they will hopefully start their crusade vs Griffith and his band of the Hawk.
    Caskas fighting style was pretty similar to Serpicos, wasn't it? Maybe she'll get a new weapon and the other ones might get an upgrade. Schierke might learn some new faster and easier to use spells so she doesnt have to go into trance every time she does some magic. When you think about it her master and the kushan sorcerer never went into trance when they did some magic...

Anyhow, berserks is absolutely one of the best mangas out there and if someone that reads this hasn't read it then do it now, you won't regreat it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eQuek
    So in maybe the next 5 chapters they should be in elfeinhelm, hopefully. I can't wait to see Caska "revived". There will probaply be some flashbacks and comfort Caska scenes later on but after that they will hopefully start their crusade vs Griffith and his band of the Hawk.
    I don't think I wish to see it happen. Before that we HAVE to hear about the neo-band of the hawk, and I think you can expect a showdown "tower of rebirth" style. Miura is teasing us with Elfheim for so long, it will probably be the center of the next arc, or even the one after. And probably not the end of the manga either. Guts just got some kind of control over the armor and is on his way to save the day for the WHOLE city. It looks like when the sorcerer is gone, so is the invasion. You think Griffith will appreciate that, that somebody else get the favor of the Endemion and get in his way? Some things will need to be settled, and I expect big changes in the story before they sail for Elfheim.
    [img width=550 height=147]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2752/newsighj0.jpg[/img]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Caskas fighting style was pretty similar to Serpicos, wasn't it? Maybe she'll get a new weapon and the other ones might get an upgrade.
    There is just one problem with the thought of Caska fighting again. The Skull Knight said it himself that she also might not be the same woman she was. That she may not be that fighter. Also the way it's seemed the real battle to go on, its Gutts vs Griffith and his new army pretty much. I remember him saying to Ricket to not hate Griffith and that he is the one to be in that position. But who knows, either way it will be fun to see whats cooked up for us. Im looking forward to the 14th for the new chapter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the thing shircke does is she summons kinda, so she must go into a trance, her master didn't do any summonings that I saw.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserRyuujin
    There is just one problem with the thought of Caska fighting again.  The Skull Knight said it himself that she also might not be the same woman she was.  That she may not be that fighter.  Also the way it's seemed the real battle to go on, its Gutts vs Griffith and his new army pretty much.  I remember him saying to Ricket to not hate Griffith and that he is the one to be in that position.  But who knows, either way it will be fun to see whats cooked up for us.  Im looking forward to the 14th for the new chapter.
    Hmm.. yeah, that kinda makes sense when Griffith did send Grunbeld and Zodd + some small fry to take down one sorceress. He ought to be seeking a way to destroy elfeinhelm, because if one sorceress equals an army of 10,000 then what does a village of sorcerers equal?
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserRyuujin
    There is just one problem with the thought of Caska fighting again.  The Skull Knight said it himself that she also might not be the same woman she was.  That she may not be that fighter. 
    But when you think about how Caska was then I get the feeling that she will get some magic items from teh magic ppl and then she'll be a part of the "anti-griffith"-party <3

Btw, what do you think of Griffith? Do you hate him, love him etc etc?
    I myself like him I love the chapters where he comes back and stabs the kushan in the eye, completely calm. He isn't evil imo. As he says himself "I just don't betray my dream". Otherwise kids and civilian women shouldnt be in his camp.

Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

I myself like him I love the chapters where he comes back and stabs the kushan in the eye, completely calm. He isn't evil imo. As he says himself "I just don't betray my dream". Otherwise kids and civilian women shouldnt be in his camp.
    Hum, Griffith no evil heh? How do you call sacrifying the companions that believe in you in the blink of an eye? He was ready to do so since the beginning, granted, he stated it many time. But to believe that other's people dreams are moot just because they are under your own, and treat them as disposable, is downright evil, egocentric at best (no surprise). You would think that there is limits to one's means to reach one's dreams. In the battlefield, at least there's achance to escape, and followers die under his order on their own will to reach a goal TOGETHER. During the eclipse Griffith uses his companions to erase his own mistake, a plain murder.
    So you can call him ambitious, visionary, hard-working, witty, sure, it doesn't prevent him of being evil.
    [img width=550 height=147]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2752/newsighj0.jpg[/img]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. yeah, that kinda makes sense when Griffith did send Grunbeld and Zodd + some small fry to take down one sorceress. He ought to be seeking a way to destroy elfeinhelm, because if one sorceress equals an army of 10,000 then what does a village of sorcerers equal?But when you think about how Caska was then I get the feeling that she will get some magic items from teh magic ppl and then she'll be a part of the "anti-griffith"-party <3

Well, for one on the thing about his actions against the witch. Griffith was being the calculated efficent leader that he is as his reputation and what helped make the Band of the Hawks so well known. Sending those two appostles was essential. If it were just those "small fry" Gutts and the Skull Knight would of taken them out, or just the Skull Knight alone.

Right now, the elf city is not important to Griffith, his "dream" is, and thats taking over and becoming king of Midland. As it seems the outside world to any other sorcerer or whatever is not important or else they'd of been alot more visible to the world.

It's hard to say what will come of Caska. She's had some odd moments in the state of mind that she's in. Showed one moment of being willing to kill, at another though showing the want to tend to a child. It really is hard to say what the future holds for her, but again it'll be interesting.

On that question of Griffith, Im with AlbatorBis and what he said. I really dont have much respect for Griffith anymore for the things he has done as already stated. He practically had Midland as it was, the Hawks were the greatest merc force that became part with the Kings army. As I figure, he got what he deserved for being so foolish, I mean honestly, what the hell!? Goes to nail the Kings daughter? Duh your gonna get reemed! Griffith got scared, that HIS dream wouldnt come true because he lost such a great asset because that tool of his wanted a dream of his own.

To me, Griffith is but a weak, scared child. But hey, thats me.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Evil is to me more like, killing people for no good reason. Though I can't really say that covering up your own mistakes are a good reason =/  But since he did it for the sake of his dream then I feel like it's more justified (more justified, but still not justified... wth am I trying to say? )
    Anyhow KaiserRyuujin as you said Griffith is a calculating efficent leader and wouldn't it be wisest to take down all threats as soon as possible? Schierkes master would've died in a matter of time if he'd just left her alone but he didn't. He decided to kill her to erase all possibilities for any opposition against him. So with this point of view, sending an army to erase all sorcerers wouldn't be far fetched?

Griffith as a weak scared child... he does remind you of one sometimes. After he nailed Charlotte he seemed like one.

But it makes you wonder, what would've happened if Gutts wouldn't have left?

Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

Evil is to me more like, killing people for no good reason. Though I can't really say that covering up your own mistakes are a good reason =/  But since he did it for the sake of his dream then I feel like it's more justified (more justified, but still not justified... wth am I trying to say?
    Well I don't know what you're trying to say, but following this logic Hitler had a dream too (or any butcher in history for that matter), and he killed people for the sake of his dream.
    Seriously, you can't defend Griffith. I'm not saying that anybody else wouldn't have done the same thing, after all we must all carry some sort of evil, and everybody can act selfishly and use others as stepping stones, even if it costs life. Still it makes you evil. You might say "Oh but it is necessary", well call it necessary evil if you like, it's still evil.
    The point is, your vision of Griffith is not wrong, but your conception of evil is (or to the least different of mine).

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Right... this point of view of mine is merely in this manga. Killing is of course wrong in all ways irl. But in the berserk world I don't really feel the same way. You just see Gutts slaying enemy after enemy... you cant really get emotional for every single one.
    Taking a psychopathic killer as an example is just wrong, imo, when we're discussing manga. And I have never even said that "it's okay to kill if you have a dream", I just said that I feel it's more justified (but still not justified... no1 except for me understands this probaply...)
    Let's say that zero is neutral and everything over it (+1, +2, +3 and so on) is good while all the negative numbers (-1,-2,-3 and so on) are evil.

-5    -4    -3    -2    -1   0  +1   +2   +3   +4   +5

Then let's say that murder is the worst thing (-5)
    But when it's for some better reason then it becomes more justified so it could move up to -4.
    This is still evil, but it's better than just mindlessly killing people.

Anyway to get back to the topic. Do you or do you not believe that Griffith will attack Elffeinhelm

EDIT. fixed some spelling mistakes

Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

That scale is hilarious

The problem is that we have no idea what Elfenheim exactly is. We now that the so-called fairy-king (why Puck never mentioned it before is beyond me, but hey that's Puck!) is there but that's all )for all we know it might even be an apostle, who knows). It seems to eventually pose a threat to Griffith, but what he wants is a kingdom, not necessarily the whole world. Elfenheim seems to be a land that is detached from the quirrels of others, otherwise it would have been involved already in more ways than one. So Griffith wouldn't attack it, unless something he wants is there.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

AlbatorBis, I couldn't think of any other way of showing what I was trying to say
    Anyways if Elfeinhelm now is a place faaar away then Griffith shouldn't attack it, as you said. But still... it feels like some big fight must occur there :P
    Maybe the kushans? Or they're maybe more focused on taking over midland atm...

New Reply
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast