Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Nano Machines

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Davox's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nano Machines

I hate to make another thread but I had noticed that there seems to be a trend in this manga. Nano machines seem to be everywhere that is the only theory we have on how the guns work and that is allegedly how the vampires are made, also the bomb inside the head is some type of nano machine. The nano machines also obviously play a role in the transfer since people are sent like one slice at a time, perhaps that room or even all of japan is over-populated with nano machines.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ssjasper2003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nano Machines

Well the transfering process is kinda odd since the gun nishi used to "send" the green onion alien is the same way gantz transfers the players.

Things in gantz arent really explainable so far since we dont even know except small hints.

You can take a guess but that just makes more questions. Why are humans turning into vampires & allies with aliens. The religion in germany where gantz mightve started.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

yap i think in da manga that reporter that tried to figure it all out said that a black ball apeared out of nowhere like 2000 years ago,and they were looking to him like god , or something like that.......

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndKurono View Post
    yap i think in da manga that reporter that tried to figure it all out said that a black ball apeared out of nowhere like 2000 years ago,and they were looking to him like god , or something like that.......
    Huh?

They never said anything about when the ball appeared, they just said that a religious sect in Germany worships a giant black ball that resembles a Gantz ball.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah that is the way I remember it as well they never say when the ball appeared. Plus if that is true you would have to make a lot of assumptions like Gantz couldn't be man-made b/c people 2000 yrs ago didn't have anything resembling a gun so this game would have to be purely alien in conception and if that is so it is almost contradictory b/c why would aliens create something to kill other aliens unless they were trying to protect us, which is again contradictory b/c how are you protecting humans if you use humans as cannon fodder.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe it was send by gods or something or it was some kind of meteor or it was transfered by some humans from another galaxy far away and if it was send by da aliens , maybe he was betrayed and none needed tahts why he landed on earth and now he wants revenge against aliens.
    and if there was one big ball then the big one scatared all around the world , so i can tell that theres more Gantz teams out there.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are all very interesting ideas but I am sure that the actual reason for the game will be much more bland

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

man if it ends that its only was a tv show that Kei competed in , it would be so damn stupid

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 325 Discussion/326 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kaliayev View Post
    I don't think I'd consider that a probable answer. It assumes a level of complexity and efficiency that we haven't seen in the nanobots. That is, said bots weren't capable of neutralizing the chip during the weeks in which the HS was a hunter (given that HS appears to be a superior vampire specimen, meaning that his bots are ultimately better/more experienced than Kill Bill's, Kill Bill won't be mentioned). After HS's chip was removed, why would the bots suddenly gain the ability to prevent future replacements? Said bots would no longer have a test subject to use in developing a defense. As a result, the bots' defensive capabilities against the chip would stagnate. That is, had HS been a hunter for an extended period of time, the bots might have eventually adapted to the chip. However, removing the chip wouldn't help in the future development of a defense. Meanwhile, the manga contains a great deal of evidence (nearly every instance we've seen of a dying individual joining gantz) for the search feature I outlined.
    This is hard to answer from a fact point, because the answer wasn’t answered in the comic. You do have a point, I agree.

As for the complexity of the nanobots, I think the abilities it gives the users itself (as we’ve seen what the vamps can do) shows complexity. We’ve seen the vamps with super strength and the ability to augment their bodies and things like pulling swords out of their bodies.

As I recall, the transfer into the gantz system, happened in a rather unusual way. The chips were implanted immediately in the brain as the vamps were transfered into the system. Perhaps the process in which the gantz works (transferring people in and out) worked in favor of planting the chip/bomb initially. Sort of like a bypass, before the nanobots could do anything. Once it was in, it was too late. Once free of the foreign object, the nano tech (assuming it is advanced enough), could have made it possible to prevent the transfer or being caught by the same system. As it protected itself, like some kind of adaption to the foreign tech that was in its system. I do think there was probably enough time for something like that happen. Anyway, this is pure speculation, but I think something like that is possible. I’m not disagreeing with your idea either, as the comic has left the issue unanswered for the time being and you brought up some interesting points.

I would think the nano bots works the same, for each person using it. Similar to the Gantz suit, like each suit is the same. HS, seems like a top vamp, no doubt, but I think that would be his skills and not necessarily the nano tech, to some extent. Much like how Kurono, Katou, Reika, have all done wearing the suits.

@ GAT

I'm viewing Ryo as a wild card currently and leaving the doors wide open at to his possibilities. This is like survival of the fittest and everyone man is for himself. Although like you said, most likely, he wont abandon Natsu.

As for Tae, you bring up an interesting point. At this point, I cant see much-else she could do to be useful in this part of the story. Tae becomes humanity's ambassador. While on the ambassador note, I heard the U.N. opened up a slot of an Alien Ambassador recently.

-----------------------------------------------------

Back to topic: Chapter prediction

I forget who brought this up, but what are the chances that Ryo will be appointed the new leader by Kei? Cause quite a few distractions, like opening up the zoo cages, to let the humans flee or give enough time for them to escape. I mean Kurono could give Ryo the x gun and go search for Tae on his own right?
    Last edited by Charlie; October 01, 2010 at 10:20 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-San View Post
    This is hard to answer from a fact point, because the answer wasn’t answered in the comic. You do have a point, I agree.

As for the complexity of the nanobots, I think the abilities it gives the users itself (as we’ve seen what the vamps can do) shows complexity. We’ve seen the vamps with super strength and the ability to augment their bodies and things like pulling swords out of their bodies.

As I recall, the transfer into the gantz system, happened in a rather unusual way. The chips were implanted immediately in the brain as the vamps were transferred into the system. Perhaps the process in which the gantz works (transferring people in and out) worked in favor of planting the chip/bomb initially. Sort of like a bypass, before the nanobots could do anything. Once it was in, it was too late. Once free of the foreign object, the nano tech (assuming it is advanced enough), could have made it possible to prevent the transfer or being caught by the same system. As it protected itself, like some kind of adaption to the foreign tech that was in its system. I do think there was probably enough time for something like that happen. Anyway, this is pure speculation, but I think something like that is possible. I’m not disagreeing with your idea either, as the comic has left the issue unanswered for the time being and you brought up some interesting points.

I would think the nano bots works the same, for each person using it. Similar to the Gantz suit, like each suit is the same. HS, seems like a top vamp, no doubt, but I think that would be his skills and not necessarily the nano tech, to some extent. Much like how Kurono, Katou, Reika, have all done wearing the suits.
    I probably should have stated this in my last post, but I see a fundamental problem with your approach. You identify the nanobots as both generic and adaptive, when they can't be both. In the second point I highlighted in your post, you argue that the nanobots are generalized. The nanobots are programmed specifically to augment human bodies, turning the latter into vampires. Anything beyond that is outside of the nanobots' parameters. This would mean that only the body of a vamp can adapt. Any adaptation to the chip would depend on the body of a given vamp. However, this would essentially put a vamp with a chip in his/her brain in the same position as a human, excluding the psychics, with a chip in his/her brain.

In the first point I highlighted in your post, you argue that the nanobots can adapt, which would assume AI (within the limits of the inherent design and necessity. That is, the nanobots wouldn't arbitrarily seek to endow the vampires with the ability to fly). If this were the case, the nanobots' development would be akin to evolution. Adaptation would require environmental stimuli that necessitate overall improvement/change. Combine this with the capabilities of the human body, and you wind up with something fierce (highly improved overall adaptability). However, vamps would need continual pressure to substantively improve/change. HS found such pressure agreeable, and Akira seemed to be on that path during his short stint as a vamp.

If we are to assume that the nanobots are capable adaptation/AI, which is how I view the nanobots, the nanobots would need environmental stimuli to improve/change. To adapt to the chip, the chip would have to be present. The absence of the chip would remove both the need to develop a defense and the stimulus that would allow testing such a defense. Therefore, for a vampire, any defense against the chip would have to develop while one was a hunter, not after. HS, the most advanced vamp we've witnessed, appeared incapable of neutralizing the chip. Even if his nanobots had developed a defense, where would that leave Kill Bill? Given her inexperience, she certainly wouldn't have been capable of adapting to it as quickly as HS could.

p.s. The only possibility I see of the nanobots making an attempt to prevent replacement chips is by crowding every nook and cranny of the brain, preventing enough open space for the chip to be placed. However, given how easily gantz can tamper with tissue damage, the nanobots' defense would be entirely inadequate, as gantz could simply remove some of the nanobots that attempted to block the chip. If the nanobots are capable of adaptation, any protection against the chip would require the chip to be in a vamp's brain (i.e. pufferfish generally inflate only when a predator is nearby).

p.p.s. Here's where I give a specific example of presumed nanobot adaptation (this could simply be a result of altered body mechanics, but that argument would be used by individuals who think the nanobots are generic). One should examine Akira. When he first showed signs of being a vampire, he was capable of walking around, albeit feeling weakened, in sunlight without the aid of vampire medicine. When he started taking the medication, the nanobots would ultimately become dependent on the drug (while weakening one's resistance to sunlight, it improved one's overall strength, which the nanobots would consider desirable). Over time, this would weaken the defense against sunlight to the point that the vamps would burn up if exposed to sunlight without the medication.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Ryou would just get everybody killed. Even assuming he'd risk himself for everybody else, even Kei with the suit, H-gun, sword etc. can't keep most of them alive.
    It's good thing that these guys aren't like the Rome aliens. You have point, even with he suit on these aliens are troublesome. So far the lightning attacks and the disks seems to be able to effect working suit. Without kei being there would be problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by kaliayev View Post
    I probably should have stated this in my last post, but I see a fundamental problem with your approach. You identify the nanobots as both generic and adaptive, when they can't be both. In the second point I highlighted in your post, you argue that the nanobots are generalized. The nanobots are programmed specifically to augment human bodies, turning the latter into vampires. Anything beyond that is outside of the nanobots' parameters. This would mean that only the body of a vamp can adapt. Any adaptation to the chip would depend on the body of a given vamp. However, this would essentially put a vamp with a chip in his/her brain in the same position as a human, excluding the psychics, with a chip in his/her brain.

Generic meaning, I believe that the nanobots are all created in the same manner. Likening it to the Gantz suit. All the suits being made the same-way, serving the same function. Having said that, I would assume (all) these nanobots have the ability to adapt / protect the internal systems in which they reside or host in. All which are in the given parameters of the nanobot technology. In this sense, likening them to the white blood cells (generic), which we all have, but the nano tech are more advanced. If the naonobots only serve the purpose of giving its host super powers like we’ve seen them use and not have any self defense or protection measures. Then the idea of the nano tech preventing the forced transfer of Host and kill bill cant take place. Again this is an assumption, we lack factual evidence from the comic to say what and what cant take place with them. So you have a point.

Quote Quote:
    In the first point I highlighted in your post, you argue that the nanobots can adapt, which would assume AI (within the limits of the inherent design and necessity. That is, the nanobots wouldn't arbitrarily seek to endow the vampires with the ability to fly). If this were the case, the nanobots' development would be akin to evolution. Adaptation would require environmental stimuli that necessitate overall improvement/change. Combine this with the capabilities of the human body, and you wind up with something fierce (highly improved overall adaptability). However, vamps would need continual pressure to substantively improve/change. HS found such pressure agreeable, and Akira seemed to be on that path during his short stint as a vamp.
    I cant really delve into the nature of the vamp nano technology, so it’s impossible to say what the limits or evolutionary prowess it may-have, currently are. One environmental limit we know it has, is that they need to avoid being in the sun. A second limit is the need to drink human blood. The limits of their physical strength seems to be comparable to the gantz suit, from what we’ve seen so far.
    Quote Quote:
    If we are to assume that the nanobots are capable adaptation/AI, which is how I view the nanobots, the nanobots would need environmental stimuli to improve/change. To adapt to the chip, the chip would have to be present. The absence of the chip would remove both the need to develop a defense and the stimulus that would allow testing such a defense. Therefore, for a vampire, any defense against the chip would have to develop while one was a hunter, not after. HS, the most advanced vamp we've witnessed, appeared incapable of neutralizing the chip. Even if his nanobots had developed a defense, where would that leave Kill Bill? Given her inexperience, she certainly wouldn't have been capable of adapting to it as quickly as HS could.
    So what I'm currently leaning towards the idea is that, while the gantz tech was inside the vamps bodys, the vamp nanobots were adapting to it (assuming it had enough time). Which shows high levels of complexity / adaption. When the gantz tech was removed, the adapted nanobots prevented the forced transfer. You believe that, since the gantz chips aren't any-longer in the vamp bodies, the nano tech wouldn't need to create such defenses. Which is fine. In the scenario I was thinking, It wouldn't matter, if it was kill bill or some other newb in my opinion (insert strong vamp name xx), the defense ability should work the same way. I cant offer any conclusive, smoking gun points here, other than assumptions.

What we do know are, the vamps were in the gantz system. Freed like everyone else, and then never seen since. I think the possible scenarios as to what likely occurred are open to suggestion.
    Quote Quote:
    p.s. The only possibility I see of the nanobots making an attempt to prevent replacement chips is by crowding every nook and cranny of the brain, preventing enough open space for the chip to be placed. However, given how easily gantz can tamper with tissue damage, the nanobots' defense would be entirely inadequate, as gantz could simply remove some of the nanobots that attempted to block the chip. If the nanobots are capable of adaptation, any protection against the chip would require the chip to be in a vamp's brain (i.e. pufferfish generally inflate only when a predator is nearby).
    Not necessarily, we don't know how these nano tech works. It may-not have thee need to do something that drastic. I cant really argue in the case of gantz tech or the nanotech factually. If the vamp nano tech is or was not the case of preventing the vamps from being included in the transfer. Something else could have... not having any idea what happened, its hard to say, why the vamps weren't included. A second possibility is some-kind of external interference. The vamps belong to some cult like group. Perhaps they have figured out a way to neutralize the transfer after the host and kill bill were finished.

The third possibility, the were killed off screen as traitors by their organization.
    Quote Quote:
    p.p.s. Here's where I give a specific example of presumed nanobot adaptation (this could simply be a result of altered body mechanics, but that argument would be used by individuals who think the nanobots are generic). One should examine Akira. When he first showed signs of being a vampire, he was capable of walking around, albeit feeling weakened, in sunlight without the aid of vampire medicine. When he started taking the medication, the nanobots would ultimately become dependent on the drug (while weakening one's resistance to sunlight, it improved one's overall strength, which the nanobots would consider desirable). Over time, this would weaken the defense against sunlight to the point that the vamps would burn up if exposed to sunlight without the medication.
    In Akira's case, we know that he was born human, like kill bill. Some time later he was turned into a vamp. Not having taken his dose of human blood, he started to have those symptoms. Perhaps he didn't not "awaken" fully yet.

After consuming human blood, those issue seemed to have been taken care of. I think the medicine was for the physical body rather than the nano bots, per-se. Which seems like a side effect of the nano bots, done to the physical body, but you bring up another interesting point.

Maybe you might want open up a thread for discussing this topic, rather than having it in the chapter discussion thread. Then gat can move these post over there.

New Reply