Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gintama

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gintama

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    ...Don't know if it's just me, but...now that I rethink over it, cutting into hiatus right before the Kintama Arc is actually the best timing. It's much easier to play some joke if they ever come back through the Kintama Arc, just like how they did with the 2 years later thing when they resumed the second season. I was thinking as well, of why they did those short stories of the Christmas present, the Otoshidama and the Black Hole Kotatsu, before the Kintama Arc, since it'll defeat the very purpose for Kintoki's appearance to begin with (since he came along due to the fact that Shinpachi and Kagura were left out throughout the Barakagi Arc, so they went ahead and make themselves a new "Gin-san", wasn't it?). Now that I rethink of it, and now that they announce the ending/hiatus in this episode without going into the Kintama Arc at all, I can only see it as that they'll make "Gintoki came back to the Yorozuya after the long hiatus just to find a new "Gintoki" (Kintoki), replacing him as the head of the Yorozuya and the protagonist of the story". Then it kinda makes sense, if you ask me, that they'll make it like that.

Any opinion? .-.
    Pretty much any scenario that ends with me getting more Gintama anime is a winner to me.

I like the manga but I LOVE the anime. And I want to see the Joi patriots arc animated so bad I can taste it.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, like the timeskip arc, it could be another perfect opening for the new season. You are right

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner poncho1's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

@Ju-da-su: That's a pretty good statement

Well I personally think that the Gintama anime is really good the Sunrise studio do a great job. I can't wait for the comeback of Gintama.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

It's back! and with new protagonist!

Seriously, I could not fully enjoy the OP and ED since it is Kintama who appeared on both of them. It seems that Sunrise really go all out since the first episode, with Ao no Exorcist + Young jump references, which are not included in the manga.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...I thought AnE joke was there in the manga as well though.

Plot-wise, I was expecting that ever since the second season end...that they'll kick right off with Kintama once it comes back again, but seiyuu-wise...I couldn't believe what Sunrise have done! Yukyan!? As Kintoki!? OMG, Sunrise, you've gone and done it!! XD (if you don't know what I'm talking about, then don't mind a mad seiyuu fangirl like me... ._.")

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    ...I thought AnE joke was there in the manga as well though.

Plot-wise, I was expecting that ever since the second season end...that they'll kick right off with Kintama once it comes back again, but seiyuu-wise...I couldn't believe what Sunrise have done! Yukyan!? As Kintoki!? OMG, Sunrise, you've gone and done it!! XD (if you don't know what I'm talking about, then don't mind a mad seiyuu fangirl like me... ._.")
    Woops, really? I kinda forgot the beginning of the arc so I was wrong then. Young Jump and the DVDs jokes are exclusively for the Anime though .

Yeah, the preview of Kintama arc was also shown in the last episodes, so It's normal for Sunrise to begin with Kintama arc. I agree, Yukyan is a nice surprise pulled by Sunrise, knowing his friendship with Tomokazu.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, it's good to have my favorite anime back.

Seems like the sun shines brighter and the grass is greener. Transitioning back into the Kintoki arc couldn't have worked better too.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...Now that I come to think of it, that means we just slammed right into a long arc with nice round of action and touchy scene right at the start of the new series? I mean, come to think of it, Kintama Arc is the only arc that the manga ever manage to make me cry (partly because I jump around a lot. I cried a lot in the anime, but hardly with the manga. The scenes just aren't near as touchy in inanimate manga when compared to its animated counterpart, especially when Sunrise always do it so damn well...>.>") and definitely one of my favorite arc if not the most favorite arc. My fav character is Katsura, but got to be honest, even I like Kintama Arc way more than arc that circles around Zura, like Renhou Arc. >.>"

That's really nice! I'm seriously looking forward to the next couple of episodes, surely because I love this arc, but also because Sunrise did it again with the seiyuus. I can't wait for the brawl between Sugita and Yukyan Gintoki and Kintoki. X3

EDIT: OK, Sunrise never fails to surprise me with weird stuff. Anyone saw what they did to the official site? Not only did they remade the whole site golden, they even flung Gintoki from being the main character to a minor character who just lives in Kabuki-chou (even less important than Madao...>.>")
    Last edited by Ju-da-su; October 07, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I'm more enthusiastic about Suzuran arc more than Kintama, but I like both of them almost equally. The problem is after with Kintama arc is possibly ended in next 3-4 episodes, probably we would get some replay episodes instead of a new one or filler. Oh I want to talk about the OP and ED. Gintama' Ensouchen OP and ED is not as amazing as Gintama', but I really love the ED. Not so much for the OP, it's quite similar with Wonderland for me.

aaandd.. Kintama episode 2 is still hilarious, nothing new added in this episode, IIRIC. I just realized that the Anime pace is not as fast as I think. Only 1,5 chapter per episode, so I'm glad that I could enjoy this Kintama arc longer than I thought.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...Is it OK to say, that I don't like both the new OP and new ED? They're nothing in comparison to Gintama' ones. I like Gintama' ones a lot more. ._."

Also, personally, Gintama is probably the only anime that I don't care what the animator wants to do next. Replay episodes? Fillers? Bring anything on, as long as it's Gintama, I'll still watch them. I don't know about you guys, but I find Gintama fillers to be just at similar standard to Sorachi's episodes, and even crueler than Sorachi's one when it comes to seiyuus. I've never seen Gintama replay episode as being just a "replay episode" either. They always put something original and random in that episode, so...why bother if it's going to be replay episodes after this? *shrug*

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Honestly I'm more enthusiastic about Suzuran arc more than Kintama, but I like both of them almost equally. The problem is after with Kintama arc is possibly ended in next 3-4 episodes, probably we would get some replay episodes instead of a new one or filler. Oh I want to talk about the OP and ED. Gintama' Ensouchen OP and ED is not as amazing as Gintama', but I really love the ED. Not so much for the OP, it's quite similar with Wonderland for me.

aaandd.. Kintama episode 2 is still hilarious, nothing new added in this episode, IIRIC. I just realized that the Anime pace is not as fast as I think. Only 1,5 chapter per episode, so I'm glad that I could enjoy this Kintama arc longer than I thought.
    I came into this looking forward more to the Suzuran arc as well but this Kintama arc has been so freakin' good.

It's so filled with the thing that, to me, will always distinguish Gintama from other more normal anime; and that's the dialogue. Other animes try to be so serous in an attempt to say something deep and grand but Gintama's dialogue ends up being deeper and grander while laughing at itself; often being downright poetic.

These last 2 episodes have been the perfect illustration of why Gintama is my #1 anime.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

For me personally, I think the new ED is only inferior to the first and last ED of Gintama' both animation and song-wise. The new OP is just a meh for me, too similar to the last OP of Gintama'. While I don't mind fillers at all, I think I'd skip replay episodes unless they somehow remake them so they add something within those episodes. But maybe I'm gonna watch it for New OP and ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I came into this looking forward more to the Suzuran arc as well but this Kintama arc has been so freakin' good.

It's so filled with the thing that, to me, will always distinguish Gintama from other more normal anime; and that's the dialogue. Other animes try to be so serous in an attempt to say something deep and grand but Gintama's dialogue ends up being deeper and grander while laughing at itself; often being downright poetic.

These last 2 episodes have been the perfect illustration of why Gintama is my #1 anime.
    For me, is how all the characters, especially Gintoki and Shinpachi, overreacting to jokes. In printed form, you cannot be able to feel the exaggeration of their expression, but in the Anime, I laugh everytime Gintoki and Shinpachi shouting about their reaction on particular joke.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 255 didn't disappoint.

It's been just long enough since I read this arc that all the big moments are all catching me by surprise. An unexpected benefit of the long hiatus.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 256 is just perfect. I don't know what to say anymore. The Kintama arc Anime is just more awesome compared to the manga. They even make a new OP for Mantama.

Probably next week we will get Gintama' repeat, but never mind, I want to watch the ED with Gintoki in it.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 256 is just perfect. I don't know what to say anymore. The Kintama arc Anime is just more awesome compared to the manga. They even make a new OP for Mantama.
    Couldn't agree more!

I laughed so much when I saw the credits rolling after the "We will definitely find each other again...".
    That was hilarious!

This anime is the best!

Probably next week we will get Gintama' repeat, but never mind, I want to watch the ED with Gintoki in it.
    What do you mean repeat?
    You think they will rerun some old episodes?

Technically, if they follow the manga, the next episodes should be about
    Spoiler show

And right after that, we would jump into that crazy arc
    Spoiler show

Although, it would be unlikely that they would run so many "arcs" one after the other, so it's possible they will jump right down to some shorter episodes.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; October 26, 2012 at 11:11 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast