Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Reasons for and against Brook joining the crew

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reasons for and against Brook joining the crew

The way the Ryuuma/Zoro fight is going, it's making Brook's chances of joining very...strange. I'm even thinking about the possibility that Brook dies this arc, and Luffy just brings his skull and afro to Laboon.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    The way the Ryuuma/Zoro fight is going, it's making Brook's chances of joining very...strange. I'm even thinking about the possibility that Brook dies this arc, and Luffy just brings his skull and afro to Laboon.
    Dude, this is One Piece, remember? Stuff like that doesn't happen in One Piece. Oda-sensei has said (I don't remember which SBS, somewhere before volume 10's SBS, I'm pretty sure of that) that he doesn't like killing characters off. Brook died once before, he won't again. One Piece is about achieving your dreams, not dying and leaving them unfulfilled. I think the matter is now one of whether or not he wants the companionship of the Straw Hats and to fulfill the original promise to Laboon so much that he joins (and Luffy may convince Brook that Laboon would WANT him to fulfill the original promise. Remember, Brook doesn't know that Laboon is still waiting, only Luffy, Ussop, Sanji, and Zoro do, and that might affect Brook's decision) or whether he wants to meet up with Laboon so much that he goes back through the Grand Line. Personally, I think the first option, where Luffy convinces Brook that Laboon would want him to join the Straw Hats and fulfill the original promise. Although I'm not sure how they're going to hide Brook whenever they meet someone in the future. I doubt random island people are going to take Brook well, if Ussop and Chopper were any indication.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that, but...doesn't Oda like to challenge the reader? Besides, he already killed Brook off, he COULD do it again. Now, of course, I know it's a bit unrational, but I just see it as a last-ditch effort. He needs to find himself an opponent and quick if he's gonna have any hopes of being an SH.

New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17