Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons for and against Brook joining the crew

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Paz42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reasons for and against Brook joining the crew

ye there are just so many posobilities for him hes becomming a more interesting charcter as each chapter goes by i dont see why any body wouldnt want him to join the crew im loving his look and style and how he can look completly serious and dark one second and then the next be just looking like a fool and thats awesome i vote brooke becomes a member and ill cry if he doesnt

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

He has luffy's dumbness in him. He will be one of those dumbasses who always "Kanpai" for w/e reason with luffy at their lead. Brooke will mix great with the strawhats.

I dont think that (most of the) ppl dont want him to join the crew, they just think he wont. =\

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Slippers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like Brooke at first, but now I think he's really cool, and he knows alot about the ocean, which could help them later on
    And he also knows alot about the zombies and gekko moria

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point something drastic would have to happen to prevent his joining.

He said he wanted to join...but just couldnt.

Luffy wants him on the crew and has already decided to beat GM up to make it happen.

Brooke as already formed a strong bond with Robin and Franky with his reason for fighting (likely his dream) I mean...it's sold.

The ONLY issue (as the swordsmanship thing is just foolish) is that the set up seems to be almost TOO obvious...which makes one doubt the facts. But all signs point to yes atm.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah the some of the things that i have heard as reasons for him not joining the crew have been exposed false by the last episdoe

1. the lack of a dream that would tie into the Sh main goal - Brook has a dream and it will fit into the Sh main goal for sure

2. somebody said that it would be silly for a pirate with no bounty to join a small strong crew like the SH but Brook has a bounty - the reason i know this is because he is alive and his shadow was taken and Gekko and he only takes the shadows of pirates with bounties to make his army stronger and has to thus keep the body of that shadow alive so that the soul/shadow remains in his comand

3. the fact that he is a swordsman will compete with Zoro but what if (and this is just a theory) Brook is not a swordsman, we know that when a shadow/soul is exchanged between the living and the dead the dead gets the powers of the person that gave the shadow to make them a zombie, but what if it works the other way aswell and since brook's shadow was given to a famous master samurai some of his skills got transfered to brooke, and the only reaon for brooke's shadow being taken was because he had a bounty and he was alive (and they just wanted to wake up this ryuma guy) and if this is true and Brook is no swordsman but a musican like he said he hasnt shown us his true fighting potential or powers yet

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OP_overlord View Post
    yeah the some of the things that i have heard as reasons for him not joining the crew have been exposed false by the last episdoe

1. the lack of a dream that would tie into the Sh main goal - Brook has a dream and it will fit into the Sh main goal for sure

2. somebody said that it would be silly for a pirate with no bounty to join a small strong crew like the SH but Brook has a bounty - the reason i know this is because he is alive and his shadow was taken and Gekko and he only takes the shadows of pirates with bounties to make his army stronger and has to thus keep the body of that shadow alive so that the soul/shadow remains in his comand

3. the fact that he is a swordsman will compete with Zoro but what if (and this is just a theory) Brook is not a swordsman, we know that when a shadow/soul is exchanged between the living and the dead the dead gets the powers of the person that gave the shadow to make them a zombie, but what if it works the other way aswell and since brook's shadow was given to a famous master samurai some of his skills got transfered to brooke, and the only reaon for brooke's shadow being taken was because he had a bounty and he was alive (and they just wanted to wake up this ryuma guy) and if this is true and Brook is no swordsman but a musican like he said he hasnt shown us his true fighting potential or powers yet

No, brooke himself said to ryuuma "you're my shadow!" accusingly...like it was obsurd he'd be beat again by his own techniques.

On top of that he was reffered to as "the humming swordsman" B4 his shadow was taken.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

hhm...
    perhaps Brooke will join but most likely will not...
    I mean Brooke seems kinda strong and seems to have a dream that he can accomplish alone....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anti-panda's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only real objection anyone seems to have to brooke joining is.. he uses a sword and/or is a swordsman. Well i've stated that his level of skill and or technique could differ greatly from zoro's .. he is speed, zoro is monstorusly strong... different styles! see???
    Well I must admit I didn't like brooke using a sword. But that doesn't mean I don't think he would work as a strawhat... In fact I'm all for it. Just as long as he doesn't come into conflict with zoro on the swordsman thing.
    In Oda I trust .. Follow me to the sea of dreams.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Zoro wants too be the strongest Swordsman "alive"

... bad joke I guess, cause you know Brooke is "dead." Personally I think Oda likes to alternate when people join the crew. First there was Luffy, then Cody but Cody didn't join. Then Zoro and then Nami didn't fully join. Then Usopp joined and then Box Afroman didn't. Followed by Sanji and then Nami again but that was nobody officially new. Then Chopper joined but now Princess of the Sand place. Robin joined at the end and then they went to Skypia and got no teammates. Then Franky joined so I'm guessing no Brooke.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    Well Zoro wants too be the strongest Swordsman "alive"

... bad joke I guess, cause you know Brooke is "dead." Personally I think Oda likes to alternate when people join the crew. First there was Luffy, then Cody but Cody didn't join. Then Zoro and then Nami didn't fully join. Then Usopp joined and then Box Afroman didn't. Followed by Sanji and then Nami again but that was nobody officially new. Then Chopper joined but now Princess of the Sand place. Robin joined at the end and then they went to Skypia and got no teammates. Then Franky joined so I'm guessing no Brooke.
    perhaps ...
    what you say is correct and true..
    but really Brooke seems more like a hit-man than a swordman...
    well in my opinion he does....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

he is more musician and singer than hit man cause then he would be like robin who during her time with croc was his hitman/ the best he had at killing people

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ubo's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda also defies other patterns, just when you least expect it. I think Brook will join. He has too much potential as a character to not join. He has comedic potential, story potential, fighting ability, and a personal dream that is still unfulfilled. Name another character with half the depth and potential (that isn't already a member).
    Last edited by ubo; May 22, 2007 at 11:28 PM.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yoniekai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

to me brook is gonna rest in peace after this arc, makes sense to me. either way if he becomes a nakama im sure he'll be more recognized as the musician. anyway it sucks if another guy joins the mugiwaras
    `(•.°)~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anti-panda's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he joins because both he and ussop/sogeking like to sing while they fight.
    Dynamic duo anyone?? I think so.
    In Oda I trust .. Follow me to the sea of dreams.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal opinion of why Brooke was introduced in the first place is that he's going to fight Zoro. My reasoning for this is that we already know that Zoro is aiming to become the worlds best swordsman, which would make it impossible for the strawhats to accept another swordsman and since we know for a fact that brooke is insanely strong it would be logical for Oda to introduce him as another mark of Zoros progress. Sort of like how the k9 boss was for Luffy (or whatever the organisation was called, the martial arts master of the "save Robin" arch).
    The only problem with this theory is that every other "speedbump" in the strawhats progress has been enemies. Except maybe Ace who in fact sort of "limited" Luffys strength by being introduced as the one person Luffy's never won a fight over (well except maybe for luffys insane grandpa). One could argue wether eagle-eye could be counted as an enemy aswell, but since Oda never really developed a connection between the mugiwaras and eagle-eye i guess we could count him as an enemy, or a rival of Zoro.

New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast