Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Allen a Noah? *Confirmed*

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted rhapsody blue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Allen a Noah? *Confirmed*

The title says it all. Could Allen Walker be the thirteenth member of the Noah Clan?

Evidence:
    1) The dream sequence from chapter 59.
    ~ While trying to reach a crying Lenalee, a dark figure grabs Allen, preventing him from
    reaching her. All the mysterious figure states is "You can't..." Is the figure trying to
    suppress Allen from coming out? Also, the destruction of main Black Order HQ was hinted
    so maybe Allen is responsible for its downfall and the figure doesn't want him to know this
    due to guilt.

2) Allen's dark side
    ~ Allen isn't a pure hero and his dark side does come out every so often. When it does come
    out, he resembles a Noah since he has a similar smile and sinister presence.

3) The title of the manga
    ~ Hoshino mentioned that the title dealt with Allen and a certain group of people. The Noahs
    have a black and white side. By combining both of these colors, you form gray. Hence, the
    title "D.gray-man" or "the gray man" might refer to the combination of both sides of a
    Noah.

Debate is welcome of course

Proofreaders 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Allen a Noah?

...for further thoughts.

I think it's very likely - we've seen, especially in recent chapters, that the Noah are also human. It wouldn't mean a huge character change for Allen to be one. Boric's flashback also showed that Noah aren't born directly as Noah. The idea could easily work in the context of the manga. As for the likelihood... well, why not? Having the main character become a villain/on the villain's side halfway through the manga is pretty unusual, not to mention interesting. It'd certainly provide interesting conflict, since Noah and Exorcists are trying to kill each other.

As was mentioned in the posts that, um, inspired this topic - I think the betraying Noah should still be considered in these discussions, though. The timing (among other things) of those events make it awfully convenient for the Noah to be Mana, who Allen obviously had connections with. Also, those facts are revealed right before we see Allen about to board the Ark. It could just be a manga thing, but to have one right after the other...

...ahhh, I don't know what I'm saying anymore. I just think there's very little reason for Allen NOT to be the 13th Noah.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Leo Seta's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I would rather think that Mana gave his Noah powers to Allen, or that simply, the dark side within Allen is the curse (or both). Allen could be a Noah but it just doesn't sit right with me, it would be better if he just had the Noah's powers because of Mana.
    Everyone falls, it's how you get back up that matters.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Seta View Post
    Meh, I would rather think that Mana gave his Noah powers to Allen, or that simply, the dark side within Allen is the curse (or both). Allen could be a Noah but it just doesn't sit right with me, it would be better if he just had the Noah's powers because of Mana.
    That's probably it. Mana was a Noah who gave his powers to Allen and betrayed the other Noah, so got killed - completely probable. I don't think it has anything to do with the curse, since he was dead by then, but things don't fit quite as well if Allen is just a Noah and that has nothing to do with anything else (for one, it seems like they've found all 12 living Noah - the 13th is, as far as we know, dead).

Did I just kill half the subforums? w00t!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

allen doesnt have super super human abilities like the noah besides his innocence so he cant be a noah. if he did turn into one, that would be stupid.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blongcha View Post
    allen doesnt have super super human abilities like the noah besides his innocence so he cant be a noah. if he did turn into one, that would be stupid.
    Allen was prophesied to be the "Destroyer of Time" meaning that he is the x-factor that determines the fate of the world. It has two meanings:

a) Destroyer of the Millennium Earl -OR-
    b) Destroyer of the Future aka end of humankind

We know that there are two gods-- one is the true God while the other is the devil. Wouldn't it make sense that both gods would love Allen thus counteracting the other's effect?

And how on earth would Allen becoming a Noah be stupid? Just because a bunch of us believe that in this theory doesn't mean that it's stupid. Debate doesn't mean flaming others' idea.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zumb1e's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...in exception of the fact that i like the idea there's something i remembered:If im not wrong road saw and told allen that the soul of the akuma that was going to explode was dying..so if noahs can see akumas souls and the skull of mana in Allen's eye is what gives him that ability i dont thing the teory of mana being a noah and giving allen his power is stupid. =D

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Leave that point three out, because hoshino herself mentioned about the name d.gray-man. She said it had no meaning at all, she was just thinking several names and it was d.gray-man that came up out of several options. But no meaning for her...

About allen's dark side? Well allen has gotten some difficult moments, but somehow he always know what to do. Eg: eliada and the mana part, but for me the best parts stays when the akuma level three fought allen. Allen couldn't get his innocence back, untill he remembered why he fought against akuma - it was for the captured soul suffering in that machine, for the humans tricked by the earl...

As for now too, allen restored his weapon against tiky by good thoughts. It was easy said: tiky can not destroy anyone innocence, tiky can not destroy the humans.
    Allen has become stronger then before, and he'll become stronger and stronger by pure and good thoughts. He even dealt with the loss of mana...

So my answer on whether allen being a noah? No (though I like suprised and I would see how to fit it in the story). For me allen is just the heart of the innocence, and hevlaska could only feel him being the destroyer of time because she didn't feel allen's true form of innocence
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

But Allen restored his arm by thinking of being an Exorcist, having power, and existing - I wouldn't say those are "good thoughts" specifically. I mean, I suppose they're decent enough, but it's not like he's thinking about saving the world or anything. At the same time, the Noah also think they're right. They're human too. The main difference between Exorcists and Noah is who they fight for, right? Essentially?

And as for the Heart, Allen being the only Heart doesn't explain Rinari's Innocence. Which DEFINITELY needs some more manga screen-time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From dgm volume three talkroom:

"Q3. What does the title D.Gray-man mean?

A. It’s a phrase I made up myself; it has many meanings. It can be used to refer to Allen, but it also fits the other characters... By the way, before D.Gray-man was decided as the title, the one I thought of before that was “dolls”, and before that were “クロノワ” [Kuronowa = Chrono War?] and “ZONE”. "

source: exorcist order

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snoogen0120 View Post
    From dgm volume three talkroom:

"Q3. What does the title D.Gray-man mean?

A. It’s a phrase I made up myself; it has many meanings. It can be used to refer to Allen, but it also fits the other characters... By the way, before D.Gray-man was decided as the title, the one I thought of before that was “dolls”, and before that were “クロノワ” [Kuronowa = Chrono War?] and “ZONE”. "

source: exorcist order
    Well that's what I wanted to say, she said it can refer to anything - she even had dolls in her mind. Come one, don't go too far to even say the title refers to allen being a noah.

Some people are looking it too far

-[/hr]
    I won't discuss in here anymore, because all things even my allen being the heart theory is so vague. There's so less known about mana, cross, the traitor noah,...

I'll just says, I don't reject the allen being a noah theory (I have always said I liked the idea, and it would suprise me a lot). But I can't say anything on it, so all I am going to is wait till hoshino reveals more
    Last edited by Koen; April 27, 2007 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Stardust's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid I can't say I'm a believer of this theory, although it's very cool and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if it came out this way! I am very anxious though to have more revealed about the Noahs. There seems to be too much still that's secretive about them, and somehow I get the bad feeling they won't come to a good end.

AthrunZala222

Well I HIGHLY doubt that GENERAL Allen Walker could be a Noah.
    If Noahs could use Innocence then the Noahs have as good as won the war.
    I think the other side of Allen is the physical manifestation (instead of being merely an eye the curse has a physical form inside Allen's head, and we'll be able to delve into that later) of the curse he recieved from Mana
    Similar to Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo. Two contradiciting forces in one body.
    *Imagines a VERY sinister Allen, but turns so kind and shy when poker is mentioned* XD

On a side note: the Reverse Novels are being turned into Fillers for the anime...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

But the Noah are humans who didn't know about the other side (presumably) - if Allen IS a Noah, there's no reason for him to want to pick the Noah side over the Exorcists. Technically, he'd be forced into it. Anyway, he's probably the odd one out; I doubt any other Noah could use Innocence.

Still be interesting - even more so, now. ^_~

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Defade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snoogen0120 View Post
    Allen was prophesied to be the "Destroyer of Time" meaning that he is the x-factor that determines the fate of the world. It has two meanings:

a) Destroyer of the Millennium Earl -OR-
    b) Destroyer of the Future aka end of humankind
    I really like the way you put it - exactly my thoughts. The whole Destroyer of Time thing reminds me of the meaning of Kamui in X - either one who represents or one who destroys God's will, or something along the lines of that. So it would make a lot of sense if Allen is indeed a Noah - or at least someone who has a deep connection with the Earl. Of course, his choice would be pretty obvious(unless there are some other elements involved), but it would be uber interesting to see what effects of being a Noah with an Innocence(not to mention one that reached over 100% sync) and a cursed eye. I'm all in for some fun and weird plot twists.

Quote Originally Posted by AthrunZala222 View Post
    If Noahs could use Innocence then the Noahs have as good as won the war.
    Personally, I think Noahs can use the Innocence if the conditions are met - it's less of a problem of being human or Noah, but more of a problem of being an apostle or not. If a Noah is an apostle(though that is certainly a bit more of a special case) and is actually against the Earl(since being for the Earl would probably get apostles negative sync?), they probably could use Innocence. It's just that there aren't any. As of yet, that is.

New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast