Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Amaretti's Gallery

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Amaretti's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amaretti's Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by kadoman View Post
    Welcome aboard Amaretti! It was a little while coming, but finally we have your beautiful work collected into a single thread.

I have to say, I am astounded by your 'I-didn't-know-what-the-hell-I-was-doing' piece. It's actually one of my personal faves. Goes to show...

EDIT: you know that one with AL overlooking the city? What was the inspiration behind that particular colouring style? It reminds me of the old children's illustration books.
    I've no idea! I guess I was just going with what I thought looked best. It's just the colouring style I was used to using at that point. I did several rough drafts with different colour tones and styles, but this was the one I was most comfortable with and thought looked best. I think it's just a conglomeration of inspiration from all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMagus View Post
    btw, where does the handle amaretti come from? i know willitblend's....i can't seem to find the right icon for the cult of amaretti.....well anyways...doing a google image search gave me these....

XD I normally like to name myself after things I don't like, so I won't get bored hearing the names of the things I do like, and there's nothing I hate more in the world than Amaretti biscuits, so naturally I had to call myself that.

Seriously. They're vile.

Quote Originally Posted by Martes13 View Post
    ... amazing *.* (I known already a lot of them )

what about if you do a little tutorial? you have an own nice style...
    I've been planning on doing a few tutorials. A few people have already asked me to do a really basic one about layers and lineart, and I wouldn't mind doing one that's a little more advanced. I'll post them here, if and when I get round to doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe303
    I love it! Now I've said it ^.^ But -asking again- Are you going to include more pictures, I mean, as your avatar here and the one you got at Narutoforums? I'd really like to see them (large version) because Sakura is my favourite character! But this doesn't interest you 0_0'
    The only things I haven't posted yet are two panels of Sakura that I haven't quite finished yet (it looks finished in the avatar, but it's not quite done yet, believe me). I'll probably post them in a little while with a few other panels I'm working on. I injured my hand though, so it'll be slow progress.

And thank you everyone else for your kind comments! I'm glad you like the thread!
    Last edited by Amaretti; April 27, 2007 at 12:59 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zoe303's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I knew it! Hope it gets better Amaretti!And thanks for creating your own gallery...and I believe you....I'm suuure you haven't finished yet....suuuree ^^*

LOL 0_0
    Because the battles we fight are in the inside...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kyubisharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

dude....my jaw pretty much dropped. i love your colorings. im also looking forward to that tut your thinking about^^BTW, will we see you on DA more often?
    もし僕と別れたら、一番いい人と別れるから、よりいい人を選ばなくちゃいけない。
    まだ。。。日本語習ってる

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATED with four new panels

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe303 View Post
    Yeah I knew it! Hope it gets better Amaretti!And thanks for creating your own gallery...and I believe you....I'm suuure you haven't finished yet....suuuree ^^*

LOL 0_0
    Ok, finished them now.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubisharingan View Post
    dude....my jaw pretty much dropped. i love your colorings. im also looking forward to that tut your thinking about^^BTW, will we see you on DA more often?
    I've really neglected that place, haven't I? I hope I get round to spending more time on DA, but I seem so busy lately. Hopefully I'll get some more time this summer to work on things there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TechnoMagus's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

so you really hate what your handle stands for....kinda weird??

anyways...you have one of he most eye-catching color palettes i've ever seen in my life and being able to have a coloring similar to your style has been seen as a bar for the other colorists here...

how'd you come up with those amazing earth tones? what are you coloring next? you clean these panels yourself right since you don't credit any cleans?

could you please do the naruto-gamakichi poster and the 341 (?) naruto-sasuke fighting stance...willitblend did justice to these panels and i hope to see your own interpretation of them...

pretty please?????? with amaretti biscuits on top...
    Last edited by TechnoMagus; April 27, 2007 at 09:35 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMagus View Post
    so you really hate what your handle stands for....kinda weird??

anyways...you have one of he most eye-catching color palettes i've ever seen in my life and being able to have a coloring similar to your style has been quite an achievement for the other colorists here...how'd you come up with those amazing earth tones?
    I dunno, I just pick them straight from the colour picker. I guess I prefer a certain sort of tone, and that's what I naturally gravitate towards, and then I usually spend ages tweaking the colours after I've finished till I'm satisfied. I've never really noticed I had a particular colour palette style, but looking at all the colourings side by side, yeah, I can see that now. XD

Quote Quote:
    what are you coloring next? you clean these panels yourself right since you don't credit any cleans?
    Yep. I used to clean Bleach for Mangarain, so I like to do it myself. I'm anal like that.

Quote Quote:
    could you please do the naruto-gamakichi poster and the 341 (?) naruto-sasuke fighting stance...willitblend did justice to these panels and i hope to see your own interpretation of them...

pretty please?????? with amaretti biscuits on top...
    I thought about doing those, but willitblend and AK totally blew me away with their colourings! I don't think you can get a better interpretation than theirs, so I probably wouldn't be able to offer anything new there.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kyuubiseal's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Amaretti i must say you are good you are like a inspiration to me as much as paintpixel.
    Keep up the awesome work! yeah Amaretti

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amaretti View Post
    I dunno, I just pick them straight from the colour picker. I guess I prefer a certain sort of tone, and that's what I naturally gravitate towards, and then I usually spend ages tweaking the colours after I've finished till I'm satisfied. I've never really noticed I had a particular colour palette style, but looking at all the colourings side by side, yeah, I can see that now. XD
    i sure do hope you incorporate your color palette (with the exact color values ) into your tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Amaretti View Post
    I thought about doing those, but willitblend and AK totally blew me away with their colourings! I don't think you can get a better interpretation than theirs, so I probably wouldn't be able to offer anything new there.
    well it's hard to top those...but i DO know you have a fighting chance of doing that! besides, it's not a better one we all like, but something that been done by you!
    if you decide to do it, i'm sure a lot more artists are gonna be inspired and a lot more fans are gonna lose their jaws!

btw, maybe you can use them for your tutorial? but probably for the advanced ones though....

Quote Originally Posted by kyuubiseal View Post
    Amaretti i must say you are good you are like a inspiration to me as much as paintpixel.
    Keep up the awesome work! yeah Amaretti

@kadoman, everyone
    i keep hearing about paintpixel...are his/her works also here? any more info on him/her?
    Last edited by TechnoMagus; April 28, 2007 at 12:28 AM.

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Techno

Paint Pixel is an artist with a huge reputation across the Naruto fandom, who has influenced and inspired countless artists (including DD), but she hasn't been active for about 2 years now, maybe more? Many people consider her to still to be the best artist the Naruto fandom has seen - even today. Her style is simple, elegant and classic - it hasn't dated.

I've quite a few of her works - I'll post some samples in a separate thread so we don't hijack Amaretti's!

On that note, Amaretti is the only artist I know of to be compared with Paint Pixel which, by itself, is a real accomplishment.
    Last edited by kadoman; April 28, 2007 at 05:58 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GrayFoxx's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Amaretti is even better than paintpixel. Amaretti's style is something I haven't seen before, very original. Anyway, both of them are great artist's.

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree - they're both wonderful. I love Amaretti's softer, more modern approach, but I like Paint Pixel's for their timeless quality. Incidentally, I think Amaretti's colouring of AL overlooking the city is the best single page colouring - ever. I think that one colouring blows all competition away, or at least, I've yet to see a colouring better than it.

I forgot to ask my questions Amaretti!

Which artists do you get inspired by?

What started you off colouring?

P.S - what part of the UK are you at?
    Last edited by kadoman; April 28, 2007 at 03:34 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity sakura-aneki's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the last sakura panel ! good job! and I want to ask you something too ^-^ it's clear that you use a tablet ...duhh so that question drops
    ummm ...for a panel like the sakura one you just posted , how long does it take you to color it and in what size (pixels)? I know that you can't say exactly but an estimated time would calm my curiosity also how long does a full page take you (approximatively) to color ?
    and besides the questions which kodoman put umm when did you first start coloring on the computer ?

Thank you!

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree - they're both wonderful. I love Amaretti's softer, more modern approach, but I like Paint Pixel's for their timeless quality. Incidentally, I think Amaretti's colouring of AL overlooking the city is the best single page colouring - ever. I think that one colouring blows all competition away, or at least, I've yet to see a colouring better than it.
    took the words right off my mouth.....willitblend's naruto-sasuke fighting pose comes second to me....

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to ask my questions Amaretti!

Which artists do you get inspired by?

What started you off colouring?
    Now that you mention it, paintpixel and DD. Whenever I saw paintpixel's colourings I was always in awe. She has a very classic, very uniform style that's consistently brilliant, but even then is was pretty different from how I liked to paint, and although I loved her style, I was never really motivated to emulate it (though I have more recently looked back at her work to see her technical take on background art and the like). Then I got to more recent chapters and starting seeing DD's work - whose style seems to cover many different styles - and it made me want to try my own hand at it. I think it was DD's cell-style painting of the first page of chapter 315 that actually inspired me to want to colour the pages rather than the covers.

Quote Quote:
    P.S - what part of the UK are you at?
    Manchester~

Quote Quote:
    for a panel like the sakura one you just posted , how long does it take you to color it and in what size (pixels)? I know that you can't say exactly but an estimated time would calm my curiosity
    Panels ususually only take me about a day or two (cleaning the panel first eats up loads of time), but those particular Sakura panels took me several days (weeks? i can't remember). I stopped halfway through because I stopped liking the way they looked, but I decided to post them anyway.

And the new panels I'm doing from the recent chapters are as big as the RAW allows. Kylara has been scanning high res RAWS lately (which is fantastic!) so the individual panels are roughly 1000x800. And if the panels are large on the page, about 2000x1000. Ish.

The older panels that I redraw get enlarged to about that same sort of scale.

Quote Quote:
    also how long does a full page take you (approximatively) to color ?
    Normally about four days, inbetween procrastination and distractions.

Quote Quote:
    and besides the questions which kodoman put umm when did you first start coloring on the computer ?
    Well, I started doing digital art when I was about 14-15. So about 4 years ago.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Uchiha Kaede's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

i must say it.. you're awesome!!
    how can you do such a wonderfull colorings?

New Reply
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast