Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Amaretti's Gallery

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amaretti's Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Amaretti View Post
    I stopped halfway through because I stopped liking the way they looked, but I decided to post them anyway.
    Does that happen a lot? I can't believe you could think that way about your work, but I guess there is no harsher judge then yourself, hey? I really admire you for still posting work that you're not altogether happy with - I know what perfectionists artistic people can sometimes be! That's what I used to respect about Metalanime too, he'd force himself to finish something he'd grown sick of and post it anyway - I think it must take tremendous discipline.

And hoorah! for Manchester! I'm an Aussie based in London, but I've had a few wild pleasurable night outs in Manchester! It's a great place, *coughexceptforManUcough*

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Amaretti's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kadoman View Post
    Does that happen a lot?
    Oh man - when doesn't it happen?!

It happens at least once with every piece I'm working on. There'll always be a point where I start to hate how it's turning out and nothing seems to be going right - especially when I'm being slow and there are other people posting their own fantastic versions of the very page I'm working on - and I'll want to just throw down the pen, give up and cry.

I usually get over it though. The best way to fight it is to get it done quickly so you're still in the 'this looks great!' mood when you post it. I find that if I take too long to finish it and post it, I find myself beginning to see what's wrong with it. And the longer I work on something, the more I dislike it. I wonder if any of the other artists experience it, but I can post something in the morning that I'm very proud of, but by evening I'm beginning to hate everything about it. XD

I could just be a psycho, I don't know...

Quote Quote:
    And hoorah! for Manchester! I'm an Aussie based in London, but I've had a few wild pleasurable night outs in Manchester! It's a great place, *coughexceptforManUcough*
    XD I used to live right next to Old Trafford. It's enough to make you grow to hate, loathe and detest that team when you live that close to all its hooligans.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kyubisharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

lol its seems as if amaretti has his emo moments XD
    もし僕と別れたら、一番いい人と別れるから、よりいい人を選ばなくちゃいけない。
    まだ。。。日本語習ってる

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member *Mel*'s Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I started doing digital art when I was about 14-15. So about 4 years ago.
    Yeah!!!
    You started at the same age I've started (well...actually in my first colouring I was 13...but It's...bleh...horrible... :http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps ...Yeah I tried to copy paintpixel style but I wasn't succeded LOL) I hope that in five years I can colour like you do now ^^

^^ Credits to split =D

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity sakura-aneki's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man - when doesn't it happen?!

It happens at least once with every piece I'm working on. There'll always be a point where I start to hate how it's turning out and nothing seems to be going right - especially when I'm being slow and there are other people posting their own fantastic versions of the very page I'm working on - and I'll want to just throw down the pen, give up and cry.

I usually get over it though. The best way to fight it is to get it done quickly so you're still in the 'this looks great!' mood when you post it. I find that if I take too long to finish it and post it, I find myself beginning to see what's wrong with it. And the longer I work on something, the more I dislike it. I wonder if any of the other artists experience it, but I can post something in the morning that I'm very proud of, but by evening I'm beginning to hate everything about it. XD

I could just be a psycho, I don't know...
    and yeslool I totally know that feeling! it happens to me every time ......or sometimes it happens from the start (like with the karin cover for those who saw it) I saw so many good colorings of it and then when I started on it , even while choosing the base colors I was like omg this will look like S*#t ....how can I possibly make it look good ... but then got over it by forcing myself on it (worked 4 hours only on the skin) so basically second psycho!!! yay! lol
    Anyway about the previous post DD's the one who inspired me to try harder when I was having a very emoish period I found his account on DA and well I saw how he improved and yes I noticed cleaning takes soooo long : lol hmmm for days for a page ^-^ that certainly makes me feel better :P
    lol 4 years of hard work...you really must like coloring I hope I'll be able to color like that in about 3 years then XD 1 already passed (almost) lol

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyubisharingan View Post
    lol its seems as if amaretti has his emo moments XD

Quote Originally Posted by *Mel* View Post
    Yeah!!!
    You started at the same age I've started (well...actually in my first colouring I was 13...but It's...bleh...horrible... :http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps ...Yeah I tried to copy paintpixel style but I wasn't succeded LOL) I hope that in five years I can colour like you do now ^^
    Well that's certainly a lot better than my first attempt at photoshop. I mean, this is one of my first attempts, but it doesn't hold a candle to how badly I fubared the first attempt (I think I used the magic wand to colour in and the burn tool to shade I wish I still had it to show you)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...fire/first.jpg

I did that when I was about 14, and as you can see it's not so different from your first attempt. We've both improved now, and hopefully neither of us will stop improving.

Quote Quote:
    lol 4 years of hard work...you really must like coloring
    Well, I've only been colouring manga for the last few months. But I've been a digital artist for a lot longer than that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Halcyon Dreamz's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe your first attempt is waaaayyy better than my first go at colouring XD Mines bad to this very day XD

Theres gotta be some improvement drug or sumthin out there lol. Might ask Sasuke where he gets his stock from :P.
    Formerly Raik!ri
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity sakura-aneki's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

:P but even before starting to color manga pages you still colored your own work no ? cuz that's how I am colored only my own work till now and started coloring covers just last week XD

talking about first attempts hmmm mine wasss let me look for it and see ummm embarrassing lol if anyone's curious http://www.clowcard.net/upload/uploa...y_mouse%2B.jpg it's mickey mouse lol ^_^ and after that first attempt many that follower were worse XD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zoe303's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why but I thought you didn't like Sakura 0_0' I know....stupid...ejem...but she's incredibly good colored, as the other new panels, I love them soo much! ^^, But the panels which include her seem (to me) colored with...love? I mean, don't misunderstand me please, the pink overtone or the red one...They fit her soo much. I know, I'm paranoid ^o^ LOL

Hope you can finish that double page with Sasuke and that snakes stopping Suigetsu and Juugo when your arm gets better, btw, is it? ^_^
    Because the battles we fight are in the inside...

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There'll always be a point where I start to hate how it's turning out and nothing seems to be going right - especially when I'm being slow and there are other people posting their own fantastic versions of the very page I'm working on - and I'll want to just throw down the pen, give up and cry.
    Funny thing is, probably the other artists look at your work and despair too! But it's so great that you all 'get it out there' anyway.

On that note, what is the colouring you are most proud of? And which is the one you like the least?

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sarmad's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

You're my favourite colorist! <333

-_-

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Halcyon Dreamz's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kadoman View Post
    Funny thing is, probably the other artists look at your work and despair too!
    You can say that again lol XP
    Formerly Raik!ri

Artists of MH 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HakoHero's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still very new to coloring, and you're probably my biggest source of inspiration. Whenever I'm stuck at something when coloring (which is _often_ xD), I always ask myself how you would've done it. Everything you do seems so natural, from shadow placement to color scheme and texture implementation. I'm one of the guys cheering on you to make a tutorial.

One question though - is a tablet crucial to your way of coloring? I've never used anything else than a mouse, and I'm wondering if I would benefit from one even at my low level of coloring.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HakoHero View Post
    I'm still very new to coloring, and you're probably my biggest source of inspiration. Whenever I'm stuck at something when coloring (which is _often_ xD), I always ask myself how you would've done it. Everything you do seems so natural, from shadow placement to color scheme and texture implementation. I'm one of the guys cheering on you to make a tutorial.

One question though - is a tablet crucial to your way of coloring? I've never used anything else than a mouse, and I'm wondering if I would benefit from one even at my low level of coloring.
    I would have to say it is a pretty vital piece of equipment, which is annoying because I know how expensive good tablets can be. Most of the brushes I use to paint with are pressure sensitive, which means they won't give the same effect with a mouse.

But I think if you're serious about art, it is a very worthwhile investment. I couldn't dream of working without my tablet now - it's that important. I'd say is virtually impossible to reach your full potential in Photoshop or Painter without a tablet. So if you can, definitely think about getting one. They take a bit of getting used to at first, but it is SO worth it, trust me.

Stop me when I begin to sound like a tablet pimp.

Artists of MH 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HakoHero's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say it is a pretty vital piece of equipment, which is annoying because I know how expensive good tablets can be.
    Mah moneyz. TT___TT

Maybe if I'm a good boy I'll get one for Christmas. Sounds like a plan.

New Reply
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast