Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite quotes

"It has been said, 'the truth will make men free.' The truth alone has never made anyone free. It is only doubt which will bring mental emancipation." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"There is a beast in man that needs to be exercised, not exorcised." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"There are many who would like my time. I shun them. There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them. There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"Most of the interesting people I've ever met have been deviant in one form or another." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"I dont crave companionship. It stands in my way. I live for pleasure. There are few persons who can give me as much pleasure as those acts I perform myself. I would rather create pleasure according to my own whim than be subjected to the whims of others." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"What good are friends if they cant do you any good?" - Anton Szandor LaVey

"What is there to see if I go outside? Don't tell me. I know. I can see other people. I don't want to see other people." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"I find no stimulation in watching ordinary people trying to put the make on other uninteresting people." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"If a person wants to be hurt and enjoys suffering, then there is no reason not to indulge him in his wont." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"There are many who would take my time, I shun them. There are some who share my time, I am entertained by them. There are precious few who contribute to my time, I cherish them." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"To the Maker the archetype, the self-sustainer, human interaction is usually a waste of the most precious thing in his vital existance: time." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?" - Anton Szandor LaVey

"When ghettos become the mainstream of society, islands of individuality cannot help but harbor an elite." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"When a Satanist commits a wrong, he realizes that is it natural to make a mistake―and if he is truly sorry about what he has done, he will learn from it and take care not to do the same thing again. If he is not honestly sorry about what he has done, and knows he will do the same thing over and over, he has no business confessing and asking forgiveness in the first place." - Anton Szandor LaVey

"There is nothing inherently sacred about moral codes. Like the wooden idols of long ago, they are the work of human hands, and what man has made, man can destroy!" - Anton Szandor LaVey

"Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones." - Anton Szandor LaVey

---------- Post added December 05, 2011 at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was December 04, 2011 at 11:59 PM ----------

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"A subject for a great poet would be God's boredom after the seventh day of creation." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Although the most acute judges of the witches and even the witches themselves, were convinced of the guilt of witchery, the guilt nevertheless was non-existent. It is thus with all guilt." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Behind all their personal vanity, women themselves always have an impersonal contempt for woman." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"In large states public education will always be mediocre, for the same reason that in large kitchens the cooking is usually bad." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"In praise there is more obtrusiveness than in blame." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Is life not a thousand times too short for us to bore ourselves?" - Freidrich Neitzsche

"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Not necessity, not desire - no, the love of power is the demon of men. Let them have everything - health, food, a place to live, entertainment - they are and remain unhappy and low-spirited: for the demon waits and waits and will be satisfied." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Once spirit was God, then it became man, and now it is even becoming mob." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"People who have given us their complete confidence believe that they have a right to ours. The inference is false, a gift confers no rights." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Perhaps I know best why it is man alone who laughs; he alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Some are made modest by great praise, others insolent." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"The bad gains respect through imitation, the good loses it especially in art." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"The most common lie is that which one lies to himself; lying to others is relatively an exception." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"There are no moral phenomena at all, but only a moral interpretation of phenomena." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"There are people who want to make men's lives more difficult for no other reason than the chance it provides them afterwards to offer their prescription for alleviating life; their Christianity, for instance." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"To be ashamed of one's immorality: that is a step on the staircase at whose end one is also ashamed of one's morality." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Two great European narcotics, alcohol and Christianity." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"We do not hate as long as we still attach a lesser value, but only when we attach an equal or a greater value." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself in man." - Freidrich Neitzsche

"Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Freidrich Neitzsche

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

"Banish human kindness, discard morality, and the people will be dutiful and compassionate." - Lao Zi

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." - Lao Zi

"A scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be deemed a scholar." - Lao Zi

"All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small." - Lao Zi

"Be the chief but never the lord." - Lao Zi

"By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning." - Lao Zi

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao Zi

"He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know." - Lao Zi

"I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any." - Lao Zi

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." - Lao Zi

"If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Zi

"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Zi

"Simulated disorder postulates perfect discipline; simulated fear postulates courage; simulated weakness postulates strength." - Lao Zi

"To realize that you do not understand is a virtue; Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect." - Lao Zi
    Last edited by faintsmile1992; December 05, 2011 at 08:07 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shakespeare's quotes

Mark Twain's quotes

Sun Tzu's The Art of War quotes, such as ~"Deception is the Ultimate weapon of war" and ~"Always fight with the sun at your back"

"Vini Vidi Vici" (I came I saw I conquered) -Gaius Julius Caesar

"Give me Liberty or Give me Death" -Patrick Henry (I think)

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" -JFK (I think)

Martin Luther King Jr.'s quotes/speeches

"A house divided can not stand" -Abe Lincoln, and his other quotes/speeches too

~"Hard Training, Makes for Easy Fighting" -Alexander V. Suvorov, and his other quotes too

"Pray for Peace, Prepare for War" -unknown

~"The day women become equals, is the day men become slaves" -Pliny (I'm not sure if this is Pliny the Elder, Pliny the Younger, or some other Pliny)

"Die for Something, or Live for Nothing" -unknown

"Give them nothing, and take from them everything!" -300 movie

"The pen is mightier than the sword" -Shakespeare (but maybe it dates further back)

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog" -Vince Lambardi (though this has to date further back)

The quote "(paraphrasing) We are powerful beyond measure, it is this power of ourselves that we fear, our power to succeed, our power to do anything that we set our minds to...", by (unknown-forgot) in Coach Carter movie

~"There are two wolves in a man's heart. One wolf of Love, and the other wolf of Hate. Which wolf wins? The wolf that you feed." -unknown (I think it is an old Mongol quote)

~"The Litany of Fear. Fear is the mind killer. I will face my Fear. I will let it [my Fear] pass through me. And, when it [my Fear] has passed, only I shall remain." -Dune book series by Frank Herbert

"Freeze my Blood. Chill my Bones. Make me as Hard as Cold Stone." -HK's quote

Many quotes from WoT book series by Robert Jordan. some quotes. "On the heights, all paths are paved with daggers" and "There can be no health in us, nor any good thing grow, for the land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he one with the land. Soul of fire, heart of stone, in pride he conquers, forcing the proud to yield. He calls upon the mountains to kneel, and the seas to give way, and the very skies to bow. Pray that the heart of stone, remembers tears, and the soul of fire, love" and "The lions sing, and the hills take flight. The moon by day, and the sun by night. Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool. Let the Lord of Chaos rule"

"Time flows like a river, and history repeats..." -SoM game

Many quotes from MSGDW anime series, such as, "Wars are started by people, and Wars are ended by people" and "Ever since mankind first stood upright, we've continued to write our blood-stained history" and "One must fight the battle, to understand its beauty" and "It's not the winner, nor loser, who captures the heart and soul of humanity, but rather the one, who keeps on fighting"

"Make love, not war" -unknown

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies, closer" -unknown

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

~"Intelligence is 99% hard work" -a quote by some lawyer on the ABA's website

Yogi Berra's quotes, such as, "You can observe a lot, just by watching"

"The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying (unknown by me, sadly) in Latin

~"Shoot for the moon. If you miss, you'll be amongst the stars" -Buzz Aldrien (I think)

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for humanity" -Buzz Aldrien (I think)

"An Eye for an Eye" -unknown

"There is no knowledge that is not power" -MK game

"Democracy [actually a Republic, sighs] isn't the best form of government, but it's better than all the other forms of government" -unknown (I forgot, maybe one of our U.S. founding fathers or related to our U.S. Revolution)

"A government that governs the least, governs the best" - unknown (I forgot, but I think its one of our U.S. Founding Fathers)

"If you build it, they will come" -A Field of Dreams movie

"Patience is a virture" -unknown

"If you give a 'book' (a story) patience, it'll reward you" -HK's quote

"There's nothing Common, about Common Sense" - unknown

"The Few, The Proud, The Marines" -Marine's slogan

"Siepre Fie" (or however it's spelled, and I forgotten what it means, again, sighs) - an old Latin saying used by the Marines.

"An Army of One" - Army's slogan

~"Hell hath no fury like a woman's wrath or scorn" -unknown

"Women. Can't live with them, can't live without them" -unknown

"Don't Sleep with the enemy!" -unknown

~"As long as I breath, I am King. Don't breed with their women, their blood is weak, they produce weak children and thus men. Kill her." -King Arthur (2004) movie

~"If something is worth doing, then it's worth doing it well" -a quote on a sign in my old barber's shop

"A MAN never apologizes" -unknown (forgot where/how I heard this or came across it)

"If you don't know which direction to walk, then just start walking." -HK's quote

"Without us [Women], Men are like lost, confused, and directionless spermatozoa, and even with us, they are still lost, confused, and directionless anyways" -HK's attempt at an opposite gender's quote

"Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers" -an old children-childish saying, quote (not sure how far back it dates and/or originates to what, if it does)

~"Calling an expert an idiot is hardly a claim-charge of defamation to be taken seriously by the expert, as well as by this court" -unknown (forgot, by some judge in some case)

-----------------------------

(I got a ton more... but I'm too busy right now with my school sysmester ending in 2 weeks, to try to list all of them. I will after 2 weeks, when my school symester is over)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 05, 2011 at 10:43 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

"A book should serve as the ax for the frozen sea within us." - Franz Kafka

"History is only the register of crimes and misfortunes." - Voltaire

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Søren Kierkegaard

"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates

"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing." - Rene Descartes

"Truth will rise above falsehood as oil above water." - Miguel de Cervantes

"Without work, all life goes rotten. But when work is soulless, life stifles and dies." - Albert Camus

Will add more later.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Favorite Quotes: Quotable Quotes! (Post it here)

“And so now I’d like to say – people can change anything they want to. And that means everything in the world. People are running about following their little tracks – I am one of them. But we’ve all got to stop just following our own little mouse trail. People can do anything – this is something that I’m beginning to learn. People are out there doing bad things to each other. That’s because they’ve been dehumanised. It’s time to take the humanity back into the center of the ring and follow that for a time. Greed, it ain’t going anywhere. They should have that in a big billboard across Times Square. Without people you’re nothing. That’s my spiel.”
    — Joe Strummer

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

For you, she maybe just someone among the 400 students, but for a student, there's only one homeroom teacher for them.
    -Onizuka

Still, I become a teacher because I am 100 times better than all of you. - Eikichi Onizuka.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mohandas Karamchand Gahndi
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

"I am an anarch in space, a metahistorian in time. Hence I am committed to neither the political present nor tradition; I am blank and also open and potent in any direction." - Ernst Junger

"Today only the person who no longer believes in a happy ending, only he who has consciously renounced it, is able to live. A happy century does not exist; but there are moments of happiness, and there is freedom in the moment." - Ernst Junger

"The anarch knows the rules. He has studied them as a historian and goes along with them as a contemporary. Wherever possible, he plays his own game within their framework; this makes the fewest waves." - Ernst Junger

"The partisan wants to change the law, the criminal break it; the anarch wants neither. He is not for or against the law. While not acknowledging the law, he does try to recognize it like the laws of nature, and he adjusts accordingly." - Ernst Junger

"We do not escape our boundaries or our innermost being. We do not change. It is true we may be transformed, but we always walk within our boundaries, within the marked-off circle." - Ernst Junger

"I wish to defy society not in order to improve it, but to hold it at bay no matter what." - Ernst Junger

"For the anarch, little is changed when he strips off a uniform that he wore partly as fool’s motley, partly as camouflage. It covers his spiritual freedom, which he will objectivate during such transitions. This distinguishes him from the anarchist, who, objectively unfree, starts raging until he is thrust into a more rigorous straitjacket." - Ernst Junger

"Compulsory schooling is essentially a means of curtailing natural strength and exploiting people. The same is true of military conscription, which developed within the same context. The anarch rejects both of them - just like obligatory vaccination and insurance of all kinds." - Ernst Junger

"A basic theme for the anarch is how man, left to his own devices, can defy superior forces – whether state, society, or the elements – by making use of their rules without submitting to them." - Ernst Junger

"As an anarch, who acknowledges neither law nor custom, I owe it to myself to get at the very heart of things. I then probe them in terms of their contradictions, like image and mirror image." - Ernst Junger

"The anarchist, as the born foe of authority, will be destroyed by it after damaging it more or less. The anarch, on the other hand, has appropriated authority; he is sovereign. He therefore behaves as a neutral power vis-à-vis state and society. He may like, dislike, or be indifferent to whatever occurs in them. That is what determines his conduct; he invests no emotional values." - Ernst Junger

"I am an anarch – not because I despise authority, but because I need it. Likewise, I am not a nonbeliever, but a man who demands something worth believing in." - Ernst Junger

"The special trait making me an anarch is that I live in a world which I ‘ultimately’ do not take seriously. This increases my freedom; I serve as a temporary volunteer." - Ernst Junger

"The anarch wages his own wars, even when marching in rank and file." - Ernst Junger

"My unlucky star had destined me to be born when there was much talk about morality and, at the same time, more murders than in any other period. There is, undoubtedly, some connection between these phenomena." - Ernst Junger

"When society involves the anarch in a conflict which in which he does not participate inwardly, it challenges him to launch an opposition. He will try to turn the lever with which society moves him. Society is then at his disposal, say, as a stage for grand spectacles that are devised for him. Everything changes; the fetter becomes fascinating, danger an adventure, a suspenseful task." - Ernst Junger

"The anarch is oriented to facts, not ideas. He fights alone, as a free man, and would never dream of sacrificing himself to having one inadequacy supplant another and a new regime triumph over the old one. In this sense, he is closer to the philistine; the baker whose chief concern is to bake good bread; the peasant, who works his plow while armies march across his fields." - Ernst Junger

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." - Aleister Crowley

"I have never grown out of the infantile belief that the universe was made for me to suck." - Aleister Crowley

"I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner." - Aleister Crowley

"In the absence of willpower the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless." - Aleister Crowley

"Modern morality and manners suppress all natural instincts, keep people ignorant of the facts of nature and make them fighting drunk on bogey tales." - Aleister Crowley

"Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

"Paganism is wholesome because it faces the facts of life." - Aleister Crowley

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." - Aleister Crowley

"The ordinary man looking at a mountain is like an illiterate person confronted with a Greek manuscript." - Aleister Crowley

"The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing." - Aleister Crowley

"The supreme satisfaction is to be able to despise one's neighbor and this fact goes far to account for religious intolerance. It is evidently consoling to reflect that the people next door are headed for hell." - Aleister Crowley

"To read a newspaper is to refrain from reading something worth while. The first discipline of education must therefore be to refuse resolutely to feed the mind with canned chatter." - Aleister Crowley

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

"A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first." - Kautilya

"As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it." - Kautilya

"Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions - Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful." - Kautilya

"Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person." - Kautilya

"Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous." - Kautilya

"Give your wealth only to the worthy and never to others. The water of the sea received by the clouds is always sweet." - Kautilya

"One whose knowledge is confined to books and whose wealth is in the possession of others, can use neither his knowledge nor wealth when the need for them arises." - Kautilya

"The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you." - Kautilya

"The life of an uneducated man is as useless as the tail of a dog which neither covers its rear end, nor protects it from the bites of insects." - Kautilya

"There is poison in the fang of the serpent, in the mouth of the fly and in the sting of a scorpion; but the wicked man is saturated with it." - Kautilya

"There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth." - Kautilya

"We should not fret for what is past, nor should we be anxious about the future; men of discernment deal only with the present moment." - Kautilya

---------- Post added December 08, 2011 at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was December 06, 2011 at 04:42 AM ----------

"Every educated person is a future enemy." - Martin Bormann

"Unfortunately this earth is not a fairy-land, but a struggle for life, perfectly natural and therefore extremely harsh." - Martin Bormann

"I can't dislike you, but I will say this to you: you haven't got long before you are all going to kill yourselves, because you are all crazy. And you can project it back at me, but I am only what lives inside each and every one of you." - Charles Manson

"But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." - Charles Manson

"I have X'd myself from your world." - Charles Manson

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal." - Charles Manson

"I will have you removed if you don't stop. I have a little system of my own." - Charles Manson

"I'm not of this generation." - Charles Manson

"I'm probably one of the most dangerous men in the world if I want to be." - Charles Manson

"If you're going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." - Charles Manson

"Pain's not bad, it's good. It teaches you things. I understand that." - Charles Manson

"The real strong have no need to prove it to the phonies." - Charles Manson

"These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up." - Charles Manson

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy." - Charles Manson

"Success is the important thing." - Josef Goebbels

"I speak differently in the provinces than I do in Berlin, and when I speak in Bayreuth, I say different things than I say in the Pharus Hall. That is a matter of practice, not of theory." - Josef Goebbels

"That's what the democratic parties personify: business groups! Nothing more." - Josef Goebbels

"Peoples do never govern themselves. That lunacy was concocted by liberalism. Behind its "people's sovereignty" the slyest cheaters are hiding, who don't want to be recognized." - Josef Goebbels

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Threads merged.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. -Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"For God's sake, I hope there's no Goddess... (HK)"

"Priscilla sure made a MAN out of Raki (HK)". You have to be a Claymore reader-watcher-fan, hehe, to understand

-------------

"O Merlin in your crystal cave
    Deep in the diamond of the day,
    Will there ever be a singer
    Whose music will smooth away
    The furrow drawn by Adam's finger
    Across the meadow and the wave?
    Or a runner who'll outrun
    Man's long shadow driving on,
    Burst through the gates of history,
    And hang the apple on the tree?
    Will your sorcery ever show
    The sleeping bride shut in her bower,
    The day wreathed in its mound of snow,
    And Time locked in his tower?"

-Edwin Muir (used in The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart, as my source of Muir's quote)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 14, 2011 at 11:58 AM.

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

"In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face." - Diogenes of Sinope

"No man is hurt but by himself." - Diogenes of Sinope

"Of what use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings?" - Diogenes of Sinope

"The art of being a slave is to rule one's master." - Diogenes of Sinope

"Why not whip the teacher when the pupil misbehaves?" - Diogenes of Sinope

"What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others." - Diogenes of Sinope

"He has the most who is most content with the least." - Diogenes of Sinope

"It takes a wise man to discover a wise man." - Diogenes of Sinope

"One ought to seek out virtue for its own sake, without being influenced by fear or hope, or by any external influence. Moreover, that in that does happiness consist." - Diogenes of Sinope

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

"Every anarchist is a baffled dictator." - Benito Mussolini

"Inactivity is death." - Benito Mussolini

"Let us have a dagger between our teeth, a bomb in our hands and an infinite scorn in our hearts." - Benito Mussolini

"This is the epitaph I want on my tomb: "Here lies one of the most intelligent animals who ever appeared on the face of the Earth." - Benito Mussolini

"War is to man what motherhood is to a woman. From a philosophical and doctrinal viewpoint, I do not believe in perpetual peace." - Benito Mussolini

"What is freedom? There is no such thing as absolute freedom!" - Benito Mussolini

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

"I'm never less at leisure than when at leisure, or less alone than when alone." - Scipio Africanus

"It is the part of a fool to say, I should not have thought." - Scipio Africanus

"I am mindful of human weakness, and I reflect upon the might of Fortune and know that everything that we do is exposed to a thousand chances." - Scipio Africanus

"He travels safest in the dark night who travels lightest." - Hernando Cortez

"I love to travel, But hate to arrive." - Hernando Cortez

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

"A society made up of individuals who were all capable of original thought would probably be unendurable." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"All government, of course, is against liberty." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"Before a man speaks it is always safe to assume that he is a fool. After he speaks, it is seldom necessary to assume it." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"Honor is simply the morality of superior men." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"It is not materialism that is the chief curse of the world, as pastors teach, but idealism. Men get into trouble by taking their visions and hallucinations too seriously." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"Puritanism. The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"The basic fact about human existence is not that it is a tragedy, but that it is a bore. It is not so much a war as an endless standing in line." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"The capacity of human beings to bore one another seems to be vastly greater than that of any other animal." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"The cynics are right nine times out of ten." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - Henry Lewis Mencken

"What men value in this world is not rights but privileges." - Henry Lewis Mencken

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The quick pain of truth can pass away, but the slow, eating agony of a lie is never lost.
    John Steinbeck

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

"Your greatest hour will come right after your worst hour of despair. That is when you'll find out who you truly are."

"The pump, you gotta experience it, It's one of the better highs in life. You don't need to shoot up for it, you don't need to snort it, all you gotta do is sweat for it"

"How many do you have to fuking do? As many as it takes to transform that fat ass your carrying around. Why do you have to ask such a stupid question?"

"Half of these personal trainers look like they need a personal trainer."

"My philosophy is to fall in love with the workout and not the results of the workout."

" Fitness is not about the vanity of what you see in the mirror, but the transformation of how you feel on the inside. It is a lifestyle and process that excels oneself in all theaters of life through a mind and body connection. When you are physically fit and feel in shape, everything else in life is easier."

"At a party, someone asks if Tom’s here yet, and people are like “I dunno”, and no one knows if he’s here. Tom’s been at the party for 4 fukin hours. You know why Tom isn’t noticed, because Tom looks out of shape and not noticeable. If Tom was jacked, it’d be like, “Ye Tom’s right over there”."

-Greg Plitt

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Clark: What color if Michael jackson?
    Random: Black
    Clark: WAAAAHHH!!! **hysterical screaming**
    Hot tub time machine

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

"The 'differentiated person' feels like an outsider in this society and feels no moral obligation toward society's request that he joins what he regards as an absurd system." - Julius Evola

New Reply
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast