Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Religious Discussion and Q&A Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conan's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Religious Discussion and Q&A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by morphodoll View Post
    no, what I mean is I didn't finish repaying my fast on time ...so, what I should do to repay it?
    your question still isnt clear, please clarify it a bit more, but anyway, not everyone can answer a strict FIQH question like this, I'd advise you to ask a scholar and see what he says, but try clarifying the question first, and we'll see if anyone knows, maybe someone had similar problems and already knows what to do.
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

lemme try to understand it.. are you saying that you have some fasting debts from years ago that is still unpaid so you're asking how you can repay those debts?

well, I went through one of my fiqh books and it was mention that if you haven't repay your debts after the 2nd Ramadhan has started, you will have to repay it by fasting for the number of days that you have missed and in addition to that, give food to the poor for as many days that you have missed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member amar_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Absulutio View Post
    i have a question for the muslims here.
    Well, I know thats Mecca is the most important city/place of the muslims, And I also know that Jerusalem is the 3rd. So my question is, what is the 2nd most important, and are there more than just 1, 2, 3?
    Thank you. =D

[ts] took the three seconds it required to look up the correct spelling of Mecca for the poster. [/ts]
    Sorry for the late reply, coz i was quite busy for the past few weeks. Even though there is an adequate answer from Technomagus, i think i might try to answer this as well.

The second most important place for Muslims is the city of Medina or also known as Madinah al munawwarah (Madinah City of Light). Before migration of Prophet Muhammad, the place was called Yathrib. It is located 210 miles north of Makkah.

Since prophet Muhammad received his first revealation from angel Gabriel (Jibril), he preach Islam to people of Mecca for 13 years. During this time, Prophets and his companions received a lot of torture from the people of Makkah. Most of Makkah people did not accept Islam since Islam call to only one God, thus disproves all other gods which are worshipped by people of Makkah at that time.

During the 13 years, prophet Muhammad also sent some of his companion to preach to neighboring areas in order to find a suitable place for Islam to flourish. One of the companion, Mus'ab bin Umaiyr was sent to Yathrib and he was able to revert 2 chief of Yathrib tribe to embrace islam.

Ok, let me tell you about the condition of Yathrib before the era of Islam. There are 3 main tribe in Yathrib at that time, tribe of Aus, tribe of Khazraj (both of them are arabs) and the Jews (they are the merchant). Tribe of Aus and Khazraj was always fight together, and there is a story where they fought for generations just because of a camel. When islam came, both tribe make peace with each other and become brothers.

ok back to our main story. when this to chief embrace Islam, they wanted prophet Muhammad came to Yathrib and became their new leader. Despite all the torture the muslim received in Makkah, prophet Muhammad refuse this proposal because there is no revelation from God to move to Madinah. Besides, he love Makkah very much because this is his hometown since he was born.

However, 1 year after that Allah sent a revelation to prophet Muhammad and his companion to migrate to Madinah. He migrated with his best companion, Abu Bakr; this journey itself is very interesting and you may want to search this in the internet. this is called Hijrah.

When prophet arrived in Madinah, he was celebrated by the people of Madinah. The first thing he did was built was a mosque. Then he make people of Makkah who migrate (the muhajirin) and the people of Madinah (the Ansar) brothers. this is because when they move the Madinah, the people of Makkah bring nearly nothing with them. So the support from the Ansar is very crucial to them.

The prophet also wrote the first constitution in human civillization in Madinah and it is called 'Madinah Constitution'. In this constitution, he outlined the role of Muslim and non muslim (mostly Jews) in protecting city of Madinah. However, several years later, the Jews in madinah plotted a conspiracy with 10 000 enemy of Islam from all over Middle east. after the war, all jews in madinah was evicted out of the land because they broke their vow in the 'Madinah Constitution'.

To put in a nutshell , Madinah is the first place Islam flourish and gain its strength under the leadership of prophet Muhammad (10 years) and the 4 great companion (40 years). In just 100 year, islam was spread as far as to Spain (al andalus) to the west and to China to the east.

wallahua'lam (God knows best)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner morphodoll's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azurel View Post
    lemme try to understand it.. are you saying that you have some fasting debts from years ago that is still unpaid so you're asking how you can repay those debts?

well, I went through one of my fiqh books and it was mention that if you haven't repay your debts after the 2nd Ramadhan has started, you will have to repay it by fasting for the number of days that you have missed and in addition to that, give food to the poor for as many days that you have missed.
    yeah, that's what I meant...thanks! so, I need to give food to the poor? There's no other way?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36811&dateline=1181666070

----
    my DA

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

well, that's all I know of. it would be better if you ask a scholar abt it though.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Assalamualaikum and peace be upon all of you!

I would like to Wish Ramadhan Mubarak and Happy Fasting to all muslims and other people who fast during this month. May Allah accepts our deeds during this holy month and our forgive our sins. Ameen

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, yes. I wish the same to every Muslim at MH. And please accept my apologies should any typed word(s) might offend anyone.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to interupt, but it's an entire month? I had always heard that it was a couple weeks. Huh. Am I confusing Ramadan's length with something else?

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

islam has it own calendar, and ramadhan is the 9th month. it is a lunar calendar so it is slightly shorter than the gregorian calendar
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_calendar

impel down, u are pregnant right now, right? people who are old, sick, travelling, or heavily pregnant are allowed not to fast during this month . but they have to pay it back after the fasting month once they are well.
    Last edited by amar_kun; September 12, 2007 at 10:26 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member krazykone12's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my dad told me Ramadan has started, I'm pretty sure I can do a month, and hello just joined this website not to long ago and happend to be muslim Ramadan Mubarak everyone

いらっしゃい 仲間, はたらき がたい

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amar_kun View Post

impel down, u are pregnant right now, right? people who are old, sick, travelling, or heavily pregnant are allowed not to fast during this month . but they have to pay it back after the fasting month once they are well.
    ...I am a guy.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Optimist's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Ramadan mubarak everyone

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

it is very recommended to make du'a (supplication, wish,) when you make ur iftar (break fast). so every muslim here pls make du'a to all other muslim in the world. ameen.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Well im a muslim so i thought i would pop in and say Ramadam Mubarak to everyone here, and since this is a religious discussion thread i was also wondering if other religions have the same practice of fasting

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    Quote Quote:
    impel down, u are pregnant right now, right? people who are old, sick, travelling, or heavily pregnant are allowed not to fast during this month . but they have to pay it back after the fasting month once they are well
    ....I am a guy.
    i always knew Maiesiophilia would get you into awkward situations
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    Well im a muslim so i thought i would pop in and say Ramadam Mubarak to everyone here, and since this is a religious discussion thread i was also wondering if other religions have the same practice of fasting
    Well I am pretty sure Jews fast too, though I do not know if they have a designated time of fasting, Catholics Fast during the week around easter. Also I think there are minor differences in the definition of fasting for all of the "big three" religions.
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

New Reply
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast