Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Religious Discussion and Q&A Thread

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Religious Discussion and Q&A Thread

So this stupid movie... what do you think about it and the reactions towards it?

As far as media reports go here, it seems to be a project later redubbed and now used to stir exactly this kind of violence by a known ... well lets call him offender, who already called for burning the Quran causing unrest in Afghanistan. Aside from his strategy being successful, the protests do seem staged to me .-.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    So this stupid movie... what do you think about it and the reactions towards it?

As far as media reports go here, it seems to be a project later redubbed and now used to stir exactly this kind of violence by a known ... well lets call him offender, who already called for burning the Quran causing unrest in Afghanistan. Aside from his strategy being successful, the protests do seem staged to me .-.
    i learned that an ambassador was killed in the ruckus
    Quran 6:151 Say: "Come, I will rehearse what Allah hath (really) prohibited you from": Join not anything as equal with Him; be good to your parents; kill not your children on a plea of want;- We provide sustenance for you and for them;- come not nigh to shameful deeds. Whether open or secret; take not life, which Allah hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.

But that said the movie terming Islam as a cancer is a some thing that i dont want to comment on
    seriously, last time salman rusdie wrote satanic verse huge uproar was ensued which promped 40 muslim death now this which started off with uproar
    now who much is really happening and how much is blown out of proportion

and ya the protest seems to be staged but i dont know the details
    i am in dark regarding this issue

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for answering the question. :3

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    But that said the movie terming Islam as a cancer
    Basically proves that religion itself is a cancer. If there wasn't such thing as religion, then I don't think stuff like this would happen.

Although Muslims shouldn't have targeted innocent people, I do think they're in some way justified for their anger, considering the movie portrays them in bad light, apparently. It's most likely inaccurate, but I'm not gonna watch the movie so I can't really judge. The filmmaker is either capitalizing on the anti-Islam ideas for money or genuinely believes that the religion sucks. I wonder how he or majority of his religion would react if Muslims reacted with the same kind of film.

Still disgusting how Muslims are unfairly attacked. Sikhs are apparently even brought in the racism too because they look a lot like Muslims. I won't lie that I do get nervous whenever I see Muslims wearing their traditional clothes, but it's no excuse for treating them badly or differently.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Bah what do you expect from countries that boasts high levels of illetrecy and a misunderstanding of religion ?
    The " film " was clearly targeted towards us, it was a taunt, and dumbasses fell for it

The best reaction to this kind of shit is to ignore it, you don't respond to mediocrity with more mediocrity

The guy who did this wanted this kind of reaction... And people don't get that the guy who made this =/= Governement of the USA
    Europe went through its dark age, it's the same for us, and it will just get worse anyway

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post

Basically proves that religion itself is a cancer. If there wasn't such thing as religion, then I don't think stuff like this would happen.

well i agree with you mostly apart from that, these kind of racism based chaos is not routed in religion rather in human psychology, the apartheid the cold war had nothing to do with religion but people suffered though chaos

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Humans use religion as another way to say their ideas are superior or that someone else is inferior, like homosexuals or blacks. As much as the fault lies with people, you can't say religion is completely innocent as people fight in the name of it, usually, regardless of how much influence religion has.

Look at the Pope. He banned condoms because of religious reasons, although that'll hurt the people more than help them. Not only do condoms greatly reduce the chances of pregnancy, but it also reduces the chance of STD, which is especially good for promiscuous people.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this is related to Islam in general, thought I'd share with you
    This is a serie about the life of Umar Ibn Al Khattab, one of the Righteous Califs

Here's the link of the first episode

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Humans use religion as another way to say their ideas are superior or that someone else is inferior, like homosexuals or blacks. As much as the fault lies with people, you can't say religion is completely innocent as people fight in the name of it, usually, regardless of how much influence religion has.

Look at the Pope. He banned condoms because of religious reasons, although that'll hurt the people more than help them. Not only do condoms greatly reduce the chances of pregnancy, but it also reduces the chance of STD, which is especially good for promiscuous people.
    I agree humans use religion in one way or other to get their way around things but that makes the human disposition at fault. Its not like if religion would not exist this particular disposition will vanish

As for Pope, did he seriously ban condoms?
    This is really strange

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is really strange
    He did. I attended a Anwar Al-Awlaki's lecture too when he was still in the U.S., he also proposed the same thing.

The problem is rooted in Science v. Religion all over again.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

the problem with banning condoms is, it won't have the effect they think it has. whether with condoms or not, people will always feel love and lust and whatever it's leading to. the diffrence is a reduction of children (also by other contraceptives) and sickness, the latter of which only condoms do reduce as far as I know.
    suggesting a ban, especially in regions that have high HIV or other std rates (combined with people who do what they say), is imo irresponsible at best.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The pope overturned the ban a couple of years ago guys. It was big news.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree humans use religion in one way or other to get their way around things but that makes the human disposition at fault. Its not like if religion would not exist this particular disposition will vanish

This is really strange
    I agree, and I can see some good things about religion, but in the end... it's just another excuse for humans to fight, and especially to enforce their views on others for possible fear of being wrong. Problem is, humans just aren't open minded enough to accept anything but their point of view... most humans anyway.

That's what I read few months or years ago.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    He did. I attended a Anwar Al-Awlaki's lecture too when he was still in the U.S., he also proposed the same thing.

The problem is rooted in Science v. Religion all over again.
    Just read that in a paper here today, the head of the Orthodox church in my country says science and religion can coexist. Probably his best argument was that scientists like Tesla and Einstein were religious. I think I mentioned somewhere before that Tesla thanked God for everything he discovered. This is the best mindset of a human in my opinion. We, as we progress in history are slowly learning more about the secretes of the Earth and the Cosmos, thus learning more about God in the process. It might be a hard concept but it certainly is understandable where people are coming from with it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

An interesting video I spotted on the front page of reddit today related to the current Muslim video riots happening around the world. He is quite eloquent.

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Noman ali is quite eloquent indeed, the problem is he still lacks formal learning about islam. He is a self taught when it comes to Quran, hbut he did learn arabic from sheikhs.
    Thus problems starts when he starts to talk about sharia rulings regarding any issue. There are very few sharia scholars i know who are apt in answering the issue and most are arabic speaking so i need to get a translation or when i communicate with them via emails i need to wait till my letters are translated to them.

New Reply
Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast