Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What is Ichigo?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Human

55 48.25%
  • Spirit (Shiningami, Hollow, ect.)

40 35.09%
  • Other

19 16.67%
New Reply
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Ichigo? (Human, Vizard, Shinigami, etc.)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Ichigo? (Human, Vizard, Shinigami, etc.)

Ok. this is hard to explain but bear with me a little.
    A Vaizard is a shinigami that has gained powers from a hollow. in other words shinigami then hollow.
    An Arrancar is a hollow that has gained shinigami powers. in other words hollow then shinigami.
    So they were both something else before they gained new powers.

Ichigo. He was a humansoul. Neither hollow or shinigami. then he went to Uraharas place to get back his
    shinigamipowers that he lost. he started from scratch. And he gained the powers from a shinigami and a hollow
    at the same time. Remember he is starting to becoming a total hollow but is fighting it so he gaines
    zangetsu. And then he comes up of the hole with shinigami clothes and his mask.

so isnt he something completely new? not a vaizard not an arrancar but the perfect hybrid already?
    give me opinions please...

Scientist of Anthropology 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Predator's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is Ichigo? (manga spoilers)

He's more of a vaizard, because arrancar's appearance change, when they release Shinkai or Bankai.

But I agree that he's something different. He's the main hero after all. And at the same time it looks to me he's the strongest one of the vaizards, but he's not a vaizard yet. He became a shinigami with a hollow inside him. He had't his powers. It's just that time by time the hollow broke out and helped him to win. Maybe the Hichigo is just some rare and strong kind of hollows. What pierces in my mind all the time is the fact that he scared the shit out of vaizards, when he released his hollow for the first time.

My verdict is that he's a shinigami having an extremely powerfull hollow inside him. In few chapters he'll become a figgin strong vaizard. That will remain true until more info is given.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i get what youre saying but still..... he gained the powers at the same time. theres got to be more than
    that. he cant just be a strong vaizard. i stand firm that he is something completely new
    never before heard of in soul society... but i could be dead wrong........

Scientist of Anthropology 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Predator's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

He's already something new to soul society. How many humans can gain shinigami powers, achieve Bankai in two days, stop the strongest zanpakutou like a tooth pick, beat up a few vice-captains with bare hands, win against a trained captain and have a powerfull spiritual pressure?

He's not normal, I agree. But right now the closest thing to him are the vaizards. Even if he's not one.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

exactly! how many humans can do that?!?
    only the special shinihollvaizarranc-man Ichigo.

hes doing stuff that nobody has been able to do. he is weird.....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner feelium's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Once he gains control over his Hollow side and become one with it, he should be even more of a "perfect hybrid" than he was when he unlocked his own Shinigami powers.
    It is a bit like he started out as a perfect - but untrained - hybrid and then developed torwards the Shinigami side. Then the Hollow inside him gained power and now he probably is a Hollow more than he is a Shinigami and have to find the balance between both.

When the past of Ichigo's father is revealed, we will probably get to know more about the orgin of Ichigo's strong powers too.
    "Some get their wings from angels that they've met,
    some get theirs from insects that've met death.."

Thåström: Ingen Nedåtsång

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

yo feelium first post... and a good one to.

you managed to capture the thing i was trying to say but was unable to. thanks dude!
    and im hoping for that as well. some balance for the dude. he would be FREAKISHLY strong!
    and he is not that weak right now...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i do agree with most points but how strong really is he is my question????
    i mean sure he kicks soul society's ass, got mass power in such short time. and he'll probably end having more control over his hollow ichigo or may just become partners(whatever), but honestly how strong of a hybrid well he become. lets quickly bring azein in into account.
    Quote Originally Posted by feelium
    "perfect hybrid"
    if ichigo is a perfect hybrid then how perfect is azien???? my prediction is ichigo is noway near his level yet.

honestly i can see the hole bleach series (as much as i love it) following the dragonball concept... of the hero to save the day (goku = ichigo) from new threat, after danger passes, new more powerful threat appers and hero must save the day again, but in process he discovers more of himself and develops. and so on and so on. the bad guys keep gettin strong (frieza -> cell -> buu -> etc) and in return goku develops (normal x100 gravity -> super saiyan -> ssj2 -> ssj3) im saying all this because i believe ichigo is the goku of bleach, (human -> borrowed shinigami powers -> his own shinigami powers -> bankai -> then probably some sort of vaizard -> etc)

so to answer the question from my view, ichigo is a rare person such as goku, and i do believe he is some of mad hybrid, but to add to it i dont believe he will stay in this state and he probably will go through some more developments like become the ssj of bleach........
    <br /><br /><br />
    Spoiler: LOL show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

did all of you forget that Ichigo's dad is a shinigami

maybe he got the shinigami side from his dad and his mom is completely human so when that girl at the beggininng i forgot he name, just woke up his sleeping shinigami powers

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

i wouldnt say that ichigo and his hollow would cooperate... cuz in ch220 they are fightin... and it looks like ichigo is ready 2 destroy his hollow side... so probably he would learn a new skill or learn how 2 surpress or obtain his hollow powers...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maxhrk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i doubt the hollow will cooperate with Ichigo. That Hollow has only one objective, to become king and Ichigo to become his horse. Wichigo is basically a machine destruction, nothing more.
    baa. I am the pinky sheep. painful eyesore for a sheep.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the hollow ichigo will take over for a while then few chapters later, maybe after evil ichigo hurts someone close to our rude ass ichigo, then we will see original ichigo apper.
    <br /><br /><br />
    Spoiler: LOL show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It obviously hasn't been explained yet, but he has to be something unique. Basically I think Ichigo and Aizen have the potential to become the perfect hybrid. The reason I say have the potential, is that they both right now are no where complete (Aizen we don't even know if he's merged with a hollow) Eventually I'm assuming Ichigo will reach Aizens level, after all he does seem to speed through learning everything. Who really knows what Ichigo is, at this point we can only really speculate.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maxhrk
    i doubt the hollow will cooperate with Ichigo. That Hollow has only one objective, to become king and Ichigo to become his horse. Wichigo is basically a machine destruction, nothing more.
    I dont fully agree, i think the hollow wants to take over because Ichigo is not behaving as he expects him to. He said Ichigo is "too general and bland" acccording to a scanlations i read. We also see the hollow (or whatever that person really is) wants to be strong and wont be a horse for a weak peron

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that Ichigo might be a reincarnation of Shiba Kaien, actually. They even look the same, except that Ichigo has blond (BLEACHed, perhaps some would say, hardeharharr) hair. That'd make him a shinigami that became a hollow, died and was reborn as a human who becomes a hollow which turns into a shinigami who is in the process of becoming a vaizard. Since according to Aizen, the ultimate power is a mix of hollow and shinigami, that'd make Ichigo... what, exactly? @_@

New Reply
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast