Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Hockey (NHL) thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Hockey (NHL) thread

I'd be more excited if my Predators had actually done something in the off season, but hell that would only put my excitement factor from 9.9 to a 10 .
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

My Habs did a lot this off-season, and I'm scared shitless.

I don't think this is going to be a very good season.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    My Habs did a lot this off-season, and I'm scared shitless.

I don't think this is going to be a very good season.
    I can't wait to see what Saku Koivu can do with Teemu Selanne this year. I'm quite excited with everything going on with the Ducks. It's going to be quite a treat to see who becomes our starting goaltender J.S. Giguere or Jonas Hiller.

Thanks goes to Lyra!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll love Saku Koivu.

This guy is someone who has a heart as big as all outdoors.

He s money come playoff time.

I still don't get why we didn't resign him.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Pfft, those guys are oooold! I'm waiting to see André and Oliver Ekman in the NHL.

Old hockey mates. Tingsryds AIF ftw yoho \o/
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oliver Ekman-Larsson was drafted #6 overall this draft.

Won't be for playing in NA for 2~ years or so. Maybe 1 if he feels ready to come over.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know. I was his teammate in the Youth section before he went to Leksand. I really hope he waits until he turns at least 20 so that he will be "ready" both mentally and physically. The problem many young guys are doing is that they go to NHL to soon and get injured.

Anyways, Phoenix for the SC!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Phoenix won't be in the NHL for very long.

They'll probably get moved to either Canada or Nevada (Seeing how the NHL works, probably Nevada).

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

/revive

What a game, Detroit vs Blues. I wanted to bet $10 on Blues because of the odds and I must admit that I didn't think that Karya would deliver like he did in the first round. Going to look forward for the rematch tonight. But honestly, Detroit, please, what the hell were you doing? I admit that the Swedes played really cowardly that game and neither one of them stood up as they should and that they play a big part of the team both offensive and defensive, not even with the first round in Globen - Stockholm. Jeez...

Anyways, let's see how the "odds" have changed for the 2nd round after the show Karya had. Seems that he likes European rinks. ^^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone out there.............? Oh well . Anyways, anyone watching the Olympic hockey going on because you should be . Anyways, I guess nothing to big has happened yet, anyway. No major upsets and no major teams really playing one another yet. But you should be watching on Sunday b/c it's U.S.A. vs. Canada (not necessarily the only time they will play during the games). Hopefully it will be a good game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Canada blow us out .

Let's see, what else, oh yeah Luongo or Brodeur? What a terrible situation for Canada to have at goalie [/sarcasm]. Seriously though, I haven't really been paying attention other than watching a few games, but who will be their main goalie?

Last, I guess, what match ups do you want to see? I kind of want to see Russia vs. U.S.A./Canada at some point. I love me some Ovechkin . Kind of want to see Sweden vs. Canada as well. But what I want most of all is a gold medal game b/w U.S.A. and Canada because, I think the atmosphere would just be amazing.

Anyways, b/c I'm a homer, go U.S.A. (and if you can't win, uhh, go Czech Republic I guess ).

P.S. Anybody watch the World Junior Championship's? The gold medal game was awesome (especially since my team one ). Love me some sudden death OT as well .

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

urrrr you follow the female hockey? 13-1 to canada against sweden. The media and people totally crushed the team and wanted them to come home and leave WO the rest of the games. Holy fuck it was an embarrasing thing to watch...

I'd say Canada first, USA as a runner-up and Sweden 3rd in the men's though. Or perhaps Finland third, they played really well against belarus last night.

edit: yeah I have a mate playing in Sweden :d Simon Dahl, he was doing really good, great final tho

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA,!!!!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest . I know it's only a preliminary win, but still we haven't beaten Canada in the Olympics since 1960, and it was on Canadian soil. Hope they can get the gold, but I'm realistic and will be happy with a medal of any sort.

Oh, and Ryan Miller=Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    urrrr you follow the female hockey? 13-1 to canada against sweden. The media and people totally crushed the team and wanted them to come home and leave WO the rest of the games. Holy fuck it was an embarrasing thing to watch...
    I can't get into womens hockey. The U.S. and Canada are just blowing everyone out, and the scores are just ridiculous. I think there was an 18-1 game in there somewhere . I'll probably watch the gold medal game though because I can assume there won't be a blowout there.

Quote Quote:
    I'd say Canada first, USA as a runner-up and Sweden 3rd in the men's though. Or perhaps Finland third, they played really well against belarus last night.
    I could still see this happening. Canada looked good tonight but had some bad bounces on a few of the goals and Brodeur wasn't all that stellar. It'll be interesting to see if they keep him in goal or go with Luongo.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sweden take gold either. They looked damn good against Finland.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, seeing as hockey season is coming back up, who is excited for another full year of hockey. I definitely am! If the season is like last year, this year should be even more amazing.

Thanks goes to Lyra!

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...lane.crash.ap/

One of the biggest tragedy in ice hokey's history. A plane with KHL Lokomotiv Yaroslavl's A team crashed.
    More than 40 are dead.

Now, I haven't got words. On board was my favourite hockey player, Pavol Demitra. He couldn't know, last IIHF world championship (2011, my country) he was saying farewell not just to Slovak representation, but to whole world as well.
    Of course, it's not just him, it's like, the whole team was wiped out.

Oh God.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I dont know that much about NHL but about hockey I do since Ive played it ever since I was 4 and quitted it when I was 13 we went into Canada once and we came out in second place since from Finland I played on the team called Helsinki Jokers as for NHL my favourite players are Tim Thomas,Teemu Selänne,Valtteri Filppula and Sidney Crosby

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast