Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Big flaw in argument

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Big flaw in argument

From what we´ve seen, it seems that Gantz makes copies of the people whe they are healthy and then uses these copies to bring them back to life. This explains how Katou couldn´t remember having died in the Buddah mission, because Gantz made a copy of him before he started fighting the final Buddah.

However, there´s a big flaw in this theory: if you remember, one of the first Gantzers was a politician who died because of cancer. When he appeared in the room, he said that the cancer had gone and he couldn´t feel it anymore. A disease like this takes some time to develop, so if Gantz had made a copy of him when he was healthy he would be much younger than he was when he died...so actually, in this case, Gantz did cure the disease and restored the damaged organs.

So judging from this, it´s resonable to think that Gantz can cure any disease and that it can make much more than copy people when they´re healthy, don´t you think?

However Nishi clearly stated that Gantz only made copies of people like when sending a fax and whe have never seen Gantz ever again cure someone...so I think this must be a mistake made by the author.

What do you guys think?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big flaw in argument

I think you may be assuming too many things in order to back your theory. From what I can gather, Gantz doesn't make a copy of anyone ahead of time. It is able to revive someone after they die. Whether Gantz is using a copy to implant someone's mind into, or if Gantz is able to magically return a person to one's original form is pretty much unknown at this point. I suppose it is possible.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that every Gantz player is a copy. When the shiny lights cover the person until it desappears him, i think that Gantz is deletling him, when the same shiny lights make a person appear, Gantz is copy that person.

While Gantz was copying Goro, he changed certain information in him, thats why he came healthy to the room.

I think that because, Nishi compared the sistem of Gantz whit a Fax, and because there are 2 Kei Kishimoto.

I think too that Gantz doesnt revive anyone, he only copies the person.

Is a very cold way of see the things in Gantz, but i guess that the Joke of Gantz is that. Every Gantz player can be remplaced whit another person.

I dont think that Hiroya put the "Soul" in his secuence.

Is my theory...

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

We know that Gantz stores a database on the players and targets and uses that data to revive someone, but maybe he´s able to change that info to ie, remove cancer or erase the recent memories like it did with Izumi and Kurono when they were freed. But if this is the point, then why did it restore Katou and Nishi from data taken before their deaths and not just revive them?

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I think you may be assuming too many things in order to back your theory. From what I can gather, Gantz doesn't make a copy of anyone ahead of time. It is able to revive someone after they die. Whether Gantz is using a copy to implant someone's mind into, or if Gantz is able to magically return a person to one's original form is pretty much unknown at this point. I suppose it is possible.
    But when Nishi and Katou were revived they didn´t remember anything about their deaths, Katou even didn´t remember how he beat the 1000 arm Buddah. So in this case they weren´t revived after their deaths, it´s more like if Gantz got their data moments before they died and used this data to revive them. The other option is reviving them after their deaths, restoring their bodies and then erasing from their minds their last moments...but why would Gantz do this? Also, it´s clear that Gantz creates copies of people, the 2 Kei are a proof of that (though this doesn´t mean that he can´t just revive people, but anyway it gives more base to the copy theory).
    When Katou was revived we saw that he was in the buddist temple and got "teleported" to the Gantz room: however a copy of Katou must have remained in the temple fighting aganst the Buddah, ´cause if not no one would have killed it, Kurono would have died and no one would have revived Katou (something like If I go back in time and kill my father before he met my mother I wouldn´t have been born).

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    I think that every Gantz player is a copy. When the shiny lights cover the person until it desappears him, i think that Gantz is deletling him, when the same shiny lights make a person appear, Gantz is copy that person.

While Gantz was copying Goro, he changed certain information in him, thats why he came healthy to the room.

I think that because, Nishi compared the sistem of Gantz whit a Fax, and because there are 2 Kei Kishimoto.

I think too that Gantz doesnt revive anyone, he only copies the person.

Is a very cold way of see the things in Gantz, but i guess that the Joke of Gantz is that. Every Gantz player can be remplaced whit another person.

I dont think that Hiroya put the "Soul" in his secuence.

Is my theory...
    Yeah, I agree. It´s like if Gantz is just a database of people. He can use this data to create copies of those people or alter it to delete memories or restore wounds. Maybe the implant the Gantzers have in their brain does more things than just make their heads explode when they leave the combat area...

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the implant being there in the first place sheds some light on this subject.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ssjasper2003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never really got the kei clone though, after they "die" gantz transfers them to the room & normally their transfer started from their head to feet. So if keis family found her wouldnt she have been missing a head or something. Plus gantz transfers people who died recently so even if keis family found her how did they revive her in the real world. Unless gantz just about to start the transfer they found her so he just took a copy of her. Instead of the whole body like katou & kei.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she may have been legally dead when Gantz took her, but she was able to be resuscitated by someone. That would explain why there were two of her.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt, if she were death, Gantz would have deletled her, just like he did whit Kei and Kato, even in front of many people.

I think that Gantz can copy the persons data before he is totally dead, and when the person is totally dead, he began to erase him.

There is a sort of info in the Gantz Manual, im going to take a look.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

well thats right he heals the injurys cause when Kurono was atempting to do Kishimoto she said she had lots of cuts and Kurono said"oh and my burn injurys are gone to" yeah he does heal but one think that bothers me ,how can u get to the room from cancer ,ur old u died by ur age and by ur body geting weak and all the others were killed when they had many years to live.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz erase the injuries while copiyng the person to the room, he dont heal anything.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm....what's the difference between erasing injuries, and healing a person?

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

"Healing" is not the right term in this case.

Because, Gantz is like a fax, he dont heal, he just..copy and erase.

The persons are sort like "Archives" to Gantz.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ssjasper2003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I meant that if she got transfered to the room, the transfer starts from the head down to their toes. I wonder how her family found her to be able to bring her back to life in the real world. Gantz wouldve had to make a copy of her & transfer that copy, since there was only 1 of her before she got to the room.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

"Healing" is not the right term in this case.

Because, Gantz is like a fax, he dont heal, he just..copy and erase.

The persons are sort like "Archives" to Gantz.
    But in the case of the old man who died of cancer his organs were already devastated by the illness, Gantz had to "reconstruct" these organs, that is, heal them. Just erasing the illness wouldn´t be enough cause the damage was already done through many years. He couldn´t just erase the illness and revert everything to it´s original state, ´cause if then the guy would have been returned to the age when he was healthy. So in this case, Gantz did heal the old guy.

For Gantz it maybe just deleting and altering data, but the real effect is that he is healing people.

In the case of Kishimoto, I think that she got reanimated in the hospital or she didn´t completely die, we know that Gantz tends to make mistakes (this has been said in the manga many times) and he could have just copied Kishimoto but forgot about the real dying one.
    I really doubt, if she were death, Gantz would have deletled her, just like he did whit Kei and Kato, even in front of many people.

I think that Gantz can copy the persons data before he is totally dead, and when the person is totally dead, he began to erase him.
    Yeah, that would be the best explanation.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    But in the case of the old man who died of cancer his organs were already devastated by the illness, Gantz had to "reconstruct" these organs, that is, heal them
    Nop nop, he made another "Suzuki"...

He didnt heal anything, he just made another body..

Like he always does...

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast