Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Big flaw in argument

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big flaw in argument

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Nop nop, he made another "Suzuki"...

He didnt heal anything, he just made another body..

Like he always does...
    Maybe, but anyway:
    In order to make a new body, Gantz needs the data from this guy. The data Gantz already got from this guy was "screwed"; that is, as he had already been suffering cancer for a long time his body had become weak because of the illness. So even when creating a new body, Gantz had to replace pieces of this "corrupt" data with fresh new data.
    Ex: maybe this guy got a cancer because of smoking, so his lungs would have been pretty damaged. When the guy died the damage to the lungs had been done some months or years before and had evolved from that. So in order to create a new, healthy body Gantz must drop the data from the ill lungs and in its place use new data, that is: Gantz should have created on its own the data for this guys lungs...this isn´t as easy as it sounds, as the lungs can change a lot from one person to another so Gantz has to imagine everything. We have never seen Gantz do something like this again. This is not the same as creating a body for Katou or Kurono, because in this case, Gantz already has the data of how the body is in it´s healthy state. Also, Kurono got his old wounds cured like someone mentioned before. If Gantz was able to create this data on its own, then nothing would stop him from creating entire new humans...he could create an army of 1 million Gantzers!

Isn´t it more reasonable to think that Gantz just cured him?

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no difference in copying the healthy state of a person and healing the original body if it produces the same results. Like I said before, I'm not sure if this will really be important to the story.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ssjasper2003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we cant say what happens after he survives the mission cause the guy died & with kishimoto & her scars. Its kinda whacky since she said she got them when she was a kid & one from 2 months ago - I think she was just saying that to not let kei mess with her lol + in chapter 26 at the end kei also says something about his burn scars not being there.

If gantz makes a copy of the person & replaces the defects they have, gantz is able to replace organs himself or made a copy of the person before they got sick. Since izumi killed a lot of people & only like 18 people got transfered to the room & than panda so 19 out of the less than 400 izumi killed at shinjuku.

This cant really be explained much due to the chapters coming out every 2+ weeks now.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Isn´t it more reasonable to think that Gantz just cured him?
    Gantz is a fax like machine, he just copy and erase information. He dont heal a body, he make a new body, a new human, and deletles the bad one, when he do the selection of players..

Its not really important, but what the hell..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Why can't it be more like everyone has very similar data as a base, and whatever your physical state is, is actually just additional data added over time? So Gantz just deletes all the data about critical illnesses / injuries so a person is "healed".

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm..let me explain to you.

Let gess that this giu over here is an injury man:

But then, he have to return to the Gantz room so Gantz began to deletles him whit those lights:

(faster version, Gantz is the green guy)

And the one who comes to the room is a new guy, an exact copy of the injury guy.

thats how i think that Gantz work.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

That may be true if the person was injured in the first place. It would be pointless to do so if he/she wasn't.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

well i re read the manga and i dont know but Sakata said my organs are like an old mans after using that phisyc power,but Gantz should have healed it and made it back to normal.WTF Gantz is thinking!?

Cause Kurono and Katou came safe and sound so should Sakata to.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...that is a huge oversight by us.

If Sakata's organs are strained due to him using his psychic power, than that refutes the theory that Gantz completely heals players or makes copies of them.

Of course this is possibly just another plot hole that Oku has created. Sakata may not have any problems any more and he just doesn't know it.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

nah in dat Oni mission when he fought that Fire Deamon witch killed Sakurai ,he said that before the fight ,but other ones come save and sound.This might be a mistake by Hiroya or Sakata is messing with everyone.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    If Sakata's organs are strained due to him using his psychic power, than that refutes the theory that Gantz completely heals players or makes copies of them.
    I think that it was a Hiroya mistake, because Sakata used his powers whit the Oni.

Quote Quote:
    That may be true if the person was injured in the first place
    Not really, the "transport" method of Gantz is always the same, so he dont need to heal sometimes or copy other times.

Like Nishi said, the persons of the room are "Documents sent like a Fax", so Gantz only deletles a Body and Copy another, thats the way he do those things(yes i know thats impossible in the real world)

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Not really, the "transport" method of Gantz is always the same, so he dont need to heal sometimes or copy other times.

Like Nishi said, the persons of the room are "Documents sent like a Fax", so Gantz only deletles a Body and Copy another, thats the way he do those things(yes i know thats impossible in the real world)
    OK, but what I am saying is that Gantz doesn't make a copy of the original and deletes it unless the body is flawed in some way. Otherwise, where would all the bodies go to?

The real question is that when Gantz brings the players to the room before the mission, does he implant the bomb in the players brain during transmission, or does he just make a copy of the player with the bomb inside.

Sakata may be perfectly fine now, he just hasn't realized it, or he hasn't thought to mention it to Sakurai and the others. I think that if Sakata is perfectly fine now, it would open up another case of whether Gantz has a magical ability to heal all ailments/injuries, or whether he makes a copy of the person when he is healthy. The first solution makes more sense to me since we don't know how far Gantz's influence goes. Can it think that far in advance to copy players when they are healthy? Or like someone else said, can he regenerate organs/tissue on a person from a basic template.

Since Gantz is just really far-out, and is not really rooted in any real world science, the first explanation makes more sense to me: It just has some magical ability to heal anything/everything.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Well thats your point of view, my point is a bit different(im not going to say it again, dont worry...).

Quote Quote:
    think that if Sakata is perfectly fine now, it would open up another case of whether Gantz has a magical ability to heal all ailments/injuries
    About Sakata, remeber his "fight" whit Izumi?

There was a point when thir teeth began to fall?

Maybe an excesive use of his powers may end in something very nasty, maybe he did something very exaggerated after the Tae Kojima mission...and after doing that, his organs where in a point where he could not use his powers anymore..just a theory.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

That could be true, but it still doesn't make make sense if Gantz has an ability to heal all ailments.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe he heals only what happens when they kill alines and when they come for da first time,but that coldnt be true cause Kurono got shot once and came uninjured,so i think Oku just made a super mistake.

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast