Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Character in Eyeshield 21!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner esuri's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Favorite Character in Eyeshield 21!

Thanks Hoshi, it's from one of my favourite color pages <3
    And now that you mentioned it, I have to go look at it again. XD

I love how Kakei blushes everytime he (or Mizumachi) does something embarrassing.
    And only Mizumachi would have the courage to hug Hiruma...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OS.Hoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by esuri View Post
    only Mizumachi would have the courage to hug Hiruma...
    Kekeke! Yea, Mizu has quite an abscence of fear XD I also like how Agon looks like he's giving Yoi a soft chop on the head X]

Tho, to MY liking, Ikkyu-chan woulda been in that pic instead of Haruto =< & Ikari instead of Yamabushi!!! =3 Now, that would make me SQUEAL MAX~! -^^-

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OS.Hoshi View Post
    Tho, to MY liking, Ikkyu-chan woulda been in that pic instead of Haruto =< & Ikari instead of Yamabushi!!! =3 Now, that would make me SQUEAL MAX~! -^^-
    BUt Ikkyuu was in the Defense Positions list, not the Receivers one, and the two that were chosen from this list were Kakei and Shin^^;; As for Ikari, at the time this selection was proposed to the readers, in volume 23, he hadn't played yet

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that, Xoph! but putting all those facts aside, I think those replacements would make a better pic in MY opinon =P

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Reflection_Jin's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiruma! He is really devil♡ Actually he overstrain himself.
    Hiruma is a hidden hard worker. So I love him so much.
    I think he protect a Devil Bats for long time, by himself....

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Jin, Hiruma is a devil, but he's also awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by OS.Hoshi View Post
    Oooo.. o.o Agon may have a rotten personality. I really disliked him at first. But the victory over Shinryuji was OH SO SWEEET!!! 8D & it wouldnt've been possible without him. So now I luv the guy! XD (Thanks to Xoph for helping me realize that... - _-;; )
    Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    They were a nice comic relief, with their... sexy bodies, fooo I can't really dislike them
    Both Agon and the Sexy Queens were such great additions to the story, Agon being the best antagonist possible (even though I hated him for what he did to Hiruma) and the Sexy Queens being one of the best comedy relief parts. They aren't supposed to be liked by anybody, they were just there to make the story more fun.

And they were both successful, so I don't hate them.
    Last edited by Gold Knight; October 19, 2007 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kazuma_uzumaki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Agon is rather funny

I liked his line in the hiruma flashback

"There's no use saving an ugly girl" just out loud

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right, GK. Es21 chars arent dislikeable. Just.. not all of them are AS charming ^^;

Good gosh, kazuma_uzumaki (mind if I call u kazu?), is that all you can say about ur Es21 fav chars? 8D I like so mANY!!! -^^-

Yoi, Mamo, Gen, Rai, Sena, Suzu, Dobu, Kerberos, Buta, Dai, Monji, Koji, Shozo, Natsu, Ryo, Manabu, Agon, Ikkyu, Hayato, Sasaki, Kengo, Shun, Seijuro, Ikari, Makoto, Rui, Megu, Tokage, Jo, Riku, Shien, Homer, Riko, Taiga.... o_o Hmm... who else is there that makes it above average for me..?

& I had already posted why I like some of them before.. what about you, kazu? +D

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

All the chracters are awesome, ES 21 doesn't have annoying characters

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark-Kaomi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't choose. There are characters I love and characters I love to hate. None of them are wasted and all have some kind of growth. The entire Deimon team is just made of win. There opponents are perfect in bringing out new aspects and their quirks (Shin's bad luck with tech being one) just helps to enhance the experience. There are points where I disliked each character but only for the barest moments which makes me love them more because it makes them seem more real, more in depth. If I were to go in to detail why I liked each character we'd be here all night. Just give me more, that's all I'm asking!

Question: When does Mizumachi hug Hiruma? I completely missed that.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.
    Last edited by Dark-Kaomi; November 22, 2007 at 02:12 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member fluke32's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll choose Monta as my favorite character!
    He may look like a monkey, heck he may even be an idiot... But more importantly he's deimon's football crazy idiot monkey look-a-like!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bakausagi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite character is rather simple: Sakuraba Haruto. At first he seemed like a whiny brat but truly he just wanted to be noticed and didn't realize that in order to intially do so selling his soul to the modeling agency would be the way to.

Taki Natsuhiko is a close second rounding off the top three with Kid. There are many other characters I love, but they are definitely my top three ^-^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sorata's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read more than 200 mangas and ES21 is my 3rd favorite of all time(just behind Berserk and One Piece), but there is one thing that ES21 is the best ever and that is the cast, it´s amazing how i like all the characters, in the other mangas there are allways characters that we don´t like or like less, but in ES21 i like everyone, so of course this manga have tons and tons of great characters.
    My favorites are:

1st - Shin Seijuurou - He isn´t just my favorite ES21 character, but my favorite character of all the mangas i had read, i really like the hardwork, serious, lone-wolf type of personality(like Zoro-One Piece, Shin Ji-Ho-Change Guy, Hibari-KHR, Mayumura-Major, Vegita-Dragon Ball, etc) and Shin is the best one. I really loved when he lifted Kurita, when he stopped Sena with one finger and Agon and Akaba saying that he is a monster, i loved when he run 4,2 for the first time and my favorite scene was when Shin told Shogun that he will prove that his methods of training weren´t wrong.

2nd - Kongo Agon, Kid, Kaitani Rikku, Juumonji Kazuki and Hosokawa Ikkyu

3rd - Hiruma Yoichi, Yukimitsu Manabu, Sakuraba Haruto, Daigo Hikari, Akaba Hayato, Kongo Unsui and Gaou Rikkia

4th - All the others
    Did you hear about the man who can´t be destroyed?? = Shin Jin-Ho - "The Immortal"

He is the Fastest highschooler and the Strongest Linebacker in the history of Japan!! = Shin Seijuurou - "The Perfect Player"

If you disrupt the discipline in Namimori he will Bite you to Death!! = Hibari Kyoya - Vongola X´s Strongest Guardian

The man who will be the strongest swordsman!! = Roronoa Zoro - The Pirate Hunter

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

200+ mangas?? O.o Mighty WOW! I've started reading many mangas, but I eventually drop them, because they dont keep my interest long enough..! Or they're discontinued.. XD

But yeah, Es21's cast is so great that it's what kept me reading the manga back then, even if I wasnt into football! ^__^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sorata's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i´m reading manga for almost 5 years, and i read everything(Shonen, Shojo, Seinen, etc), so when i realized i had readden more than 200.

Eyeshield has indeed the best cast i have ever seen, and Hiruma is the most original character, i really can´t remember someone like him, i consider Hiruma a side main character with more importance than the main character himself, so this manga has to end at the time hiruma quits the team.
    Did you hear about the man who can´t be destroyed?? = Shin Jin-Ho - "The Immortal"

He is the Fastest highschooler and the Strongest Linebacker in the history of Japan!! = Shin Seijuurou - "The Perfect Player"

If you disrupt the discipline in Namimori he will Bite you to Death!! = Hibari Kyoya - Vongola X´s Strongest Guardian

The man who will be the strongest swordsman!! = Roronoa Zoro - The Pirate Hunter

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast