Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which side do you look forward the most in Starcraft II?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Protoss

10 47.62%
  • Terran

5 23.81%
  • Zerg

6 28.57%
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The StarCraft 2 Thread (also includes original version and expansion packs)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TechnoMagus's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

The StarCraft 2 Thread (also includes original version and expansion packs)

OK, it's the most talked about gaming news for the past few days, heck even some members have them as avatars and sigs atm!

Everyone gather here to drool , faint , say ooohhhhh, aaahhhhh, can't wait!

http://www.starcraft2.com/
    http://pc.ign.com/objects/850/850126.html
    Starcraft 2 gameplay video

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft_II
    Quote Quote:
    StarCraft II is a sequel to the popular real-time strategy game StarCraft, announced on May 19, 2007, at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Seoul, South Korea. StarCraft II is being developed for concurrent release on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac OS X.
    You can also talk about the original version and its expansion packs here if you want...
    Last edited by TechnoMagus; May 21, 2007 at 07:09 AM.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yoniekai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The StarCraft 2 Thread (also includes original vesion and expansion packs)

okay. can't wait!
    `(•.°)~

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

oh...forgot the most important part.... DISCUSS!!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

BUMP!!!

hey, is the story gonna continue with the battle for aiur as the protoss campaign? what about the terrans? is raynor the main man? will arcturus mengsk be another ally? and does the hero units gain any special abilities (aside from having lager hitpoints)?

i can't wait!! but then, the graphics tells me it's gonna be at least 128Mb VRAM, 256- 512Mb RAM, at least 1GHz processor and 3-4 Gigs of HD space...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member IgnorantSage's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

There isn't really much to discuss just yet, all we have are a few gameplay videos, some cinematic trailers and some unit descriptions.

I'm still a little pumped up from the SC2 announcement and sometimes I whack myself in the head just to make sure it's the real deal. I'm a bit sad that the Dragoon has to go, though. Oh well, I guess I'll eventually learn to love the immortals.

Some people would probably complain about how the graphics are not what they expected but as for me, I'm completely satisfied although further improvement (like making the Terrans look less plastic and more metal) would be more than welcome. This game will still improve as Blizzard irons it out.

My sentiments for the moment has been expressed perfectly by Blizzard:
    "Hell, it's about time!"

Quote Originally Posted by hunter71485 View Post
    BUMP!!!

hey, is the story gonna continue with the battle for aiur as the protoss campaign? what about the terrans? is raynor the main man? will arcturus mengsk be another ally? and does the hero units gain any special abilities (aside from having lager hitpoints)?

i can't wait!! but then, the graphics tells me it's gonna be at least 128Mb VRAM, 256- 512Mb RAM, at least 1GHz processor and 3-4 Gigs of HD space...
    The story is most probably a few years, maybe 5-10, after the Brood War ending seeing as Raynor and Mengsk (as depicted in the Blizzard art section) have remarkably aged. But Raynor looks more bad-ass yet kinder than ever. It seems this Tychus guy from the cinematic trailer might play an important role too. Zeratul and Kerrigan are definitely making a reappearance as the cinematic shown them battling each other (although I'm not sure if that hybrid Zeratul was battling was actually Kerrigan).

Blizzard has also announced that there will only be three playable races but I think a fourth race will still appear in the game, just not playable.

Other details regarding the units are still sparse, all we the info we know of are the ones provided about the Protoss in the blizzard site and what we can deduce from the gameplay videos.
    Last edited by IgnorantSage; May 21, 2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Too many things to do
    Too lazy to take action

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, it is about time. i remember the heads at blizzard calling out for about 5-10 graphic artists almost 4 years ago... something about 'retouching a legacy' or something like that.

who knows? maybe it's gonna be diablo 3 soon...

p.s. what is the name of zeratul's flagship carrier? it can't be ganthritor, it went down with tassadar...

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

@hunter

Did Zeratul have an official flagship?
    I can't seem to recall if he had one... and I'm not planning on playing SC again until a few weeks before the scheduled releas o SC2

Too many things to do
    Too lazy to take action

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

paperboy want! now!!!!! i can't wait for it!!!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member chvis002's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml#m3 <-- check out the high resolution gamepaly preview. It's totaly worth it

I saw in some preview a zerg with psy blades, was that only me?

Edit: that was a C&C mod ^^"
    Last edited by chvis002; May 21, 2007 at 03:02 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread seems to lack some loving. But then again, there really isn't much to talk about. Let's just celebrate in the greatness to come that is SC2.

Too many things to do
    Too lazy to take action

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah we need more videos... and especially the story. zeratul looks more badass
    `(•.°)~

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

True, and for my effort to spur discussion, I added up a simple poll here

Maybe tell us which side you look forward the most And why? What improvement would you like to see? New strength and weak weakness?

I hope, this simple question can spur a bit discussion here

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i want to see the new ZERG! i mean, yeah so dragoons are new, zealots are fast, new terran stuff, and we all say "wow man, cool", but what will really make me say "holy shit that's so kickass" is the zerg development, with it's transformations and new gory threatening monsters
    `(•.°)~

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

TERRAN FTW!!!! NUKES!!!!!!! NUUUKESSS!!!!!!.....oh god....my mouth is foamin up.....urp......

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

well i'm more impressed by advanced theoretical physics applications like time dilation, teleporting and quantum singularities than genetic engineering or atomics which seem child's play compared to the former....IMHO....

but it sure is a big ouch to resources.....solution??

Code:
    show me the money
    or something equivalent....

any improvements on the terrans? i must have blinked when it was shown...

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast