Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Which side do you look forward the most in Starcraft II?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Protoss

10 47.62%
  • Terran

5 23.81%
  • Zerg

6 28.57%
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The StarCraft 2 Thread (also includes original version and expansion packs)

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The StarCraft 2 Thread (also includes original vesion and expansion packs)

Haha, that picture cracked me up yesterday and it sure cracked me up today. Such an awesome, spot-on picture!

On a different note, shame that Jinro didn't go further, but he's already qual for next since he got to ro16 and he was the only non-korean to adv. from the group stage. And iirc he's in the MLG along with sjow (not sure), and I know for sure they're in the DH Summer tournament so there's still plenty of chances to grab some silverware this summer \o/
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it certainly is, but he's still super successful in Korea!

Seems like both swedes today got pwned (Morrow 1:3 Moonglade)

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

You really have to rub that one in my face? MorroW's first and fourth game was really good, unlucky in the fourth and maybe it was a bad move to save the larvas for the hydras in the fourth game (which spawned ~15secs too late) but anyway.

Tomorrow's the second day of the code a ro16 in the GSL, I'm not super-psyched but it's still going to be interesting to see Noblesse and Rain. However, those two games will probably clash with the World Cup Semi's tomorrow and I'm more interested in those so I'll prolly run the GSL muted in the background.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    http://tv.esl.eu/de/
    Event stream 2 shows Idra vs Squirtle now (quarter finals of IEM).

@kkck: Well SC2 isn't out for a long time yet. Both WC3 and SC:BW took their time until the "genius" funmaps were released, too.
    SC2 already has quite nice ones, such as colonial line wars, battlecraft, Star Battle, PsychoMC's Last Stand and some more.
    Well, it hasn't been that short a time either.... I really expected some more elaborated stuff lol, specially if this games takes after a game which already had some very good custom maps. I guess another of my main issues with the multiplayer was that the custom maps never had any variation, it was always the same maps with the exact same order. I also never found a proper dbz map lol.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

TSL 3 Announced! Huge international tournament featuring a lot of the best!
    Matches will start on 19th of March. Exact dates will be announced later on.
    News, Brackets, Matches: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=198668
    First round matches:
    Spoiler show

My personal highlight matches - The highlights amongst a tournament of highlights!
    TLO vs Nada
    Liquid.Jinro vs Mouz.Morrow
    mouz. Hasu vs mouz.Huk
    IM.Nestea vs Goody
    Also, curious about: Mondragon (who plays vs Zeerax). Idra and some EG guys announced that Mondragon could become an absolute beast internationally after training, and that Mondragon trained a lot in last time, so he might start an amazing comeback!
    Idra went as far as saying that Mondragon might easily dominate the foreigner (=non-Korean) scene!

Some guy made a nice German fan banner for the German players
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; March 07, 2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Waaaah, Jinro vs MorroW in the first game!

Also, idra vs tlo and mvp vs adelscott

SANK YUUU FOR DIS BRACKET SHARING KOPTER!!!!

Do you know if there'll be any good os for this?
    Last edited by blai; March 06, 2011 at 02:33 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Waaaah, Jinro vs MorroW in the first game!

Also, idra vs tlo and mvp vs adelscott

SANK YUUU FOR DIS BRACKET SHARING KOPTER!!!!

Do you know if there'll be any good os for this?
    Hm? "os" for what, and in what meaning for "os"?
    Operating System for SC2? I've no idea if that's what you mean, but it runs smooth on windows 7
    Idra won't play against TLO but against coL.Cruncher. I have no idea how Cruncher could get into such a tournament to be honest, he's definitly the player I have heard the fewest about. Can't imagine him standing a chance.

Otherwise, I share your enthusiasm about this tournament, it's so huge and, especially great, with a lot of matches of Koreans vs foreign players!

Moderator message by: blai
    os = online streaming

Moderator message by: Roflkopt3r
    Of course there will be streams, but obviously they aren't known yet since not even the exact dates of the matches are known

Omg I just defeated a 4-Gate with 3 Gate Starport, my most happy Protoss-victory ever

You should definitly watch this: Destiny Switches to Terran
    Background info: They're talking about TeamLiquid forums (SC/SC2 esports forum) and members in the first minute. Keep watching until the point at 3:30!

For all beginners: This is another video of Destiny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1UN98vOKuk
    It's about the simple idea: Whoever is lower than platinum league, doesn't need to learn any tactics or something of that but ONLY your micro/macro! (micro: controlling your units well to use them to their best effect; macro: ability of building a lot of workers and spedning all ressources to build up huge armies)
    This means: In Silver or Gold league it is absolutely unimportant which units you build, whether you scout your opponent well or not, but only that you build enough workers, production buildings and units!

About Kelly not commentating for GOM-TV anymore:
    http://memegenerator.net/Kelly-Milkies

Statement of GOM-TV:
    Quote Quote:
    Some people have claimed we are running a 'beta' test for casters in Code A. This in a sense is true. This is the final procedure for selecting casters for Code A. We need to test them out in actual matches and see the reaction. We plan to try out few more casters over next few seasons. So if one caster stops showing up after a season it does not mean he or she is fired. It just means it's next candidate's turn for the try out. I know from my experience that everytime we make some changes people freak out but without changes there can be no improvement.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; March 10, 2011 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesh, but she's going back to Singapore. She didn't want to state the reason why but apparently she and GOMtv agreed not to re-hire her. Hopefully we'll see day9 and tasteless in cA.

However, even if I dislike kelly's accent she always raised some valid points during her commentaries and I honestly disliked to my bones the way the SC2 community treated her. Sure, her accent was annoying, but the amount of trolling and hate she received is really unforgivable from a community.

Obviously she was disliked. But to outright bash her and mock her like the community did (all the way up to the commentators and staff themselves) is nothing I approve of.

Instead of giving her lessons in pronunciation or to give her constructive criticism they mocked her.

Ah well, I hope the new try-outs are either extraordinary or have a flawless accent........

(memes amused me though)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Ah well, I hope the new try-outs are either extraordinary or have a flawless accent........

(memes amused me though)
    I don't care that much about accent usually - some are very funny or likeable, too - but she was just totally annoying

Perhaps some ppl here already know them, the NASL (North American Star League) application videos of the pros!
    Overview on TL
    Moman's famous application
    EG.Grubby Application
    "Brother Mack"

Team Liquid Star League RO32 Broadcast Schedule
    They're running in prime time for European viewers! <3
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; March 16, 2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Weekend evenings

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Today at 19:00 CET it will begin!
    http://www.ustream.tv/teamliquidtv

Matches for Today (times in CET):
    Tyler vs Strelok 19:00
    SEn vs Fenix 20:00
    FruitDealer vs Thorzain 21:00
    Boxer vs Nightend 22:00

Commentators for this evening will be Day9 and Chill.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay, 11mins left until it starts!

oGs.MC vs ieS-Ciara
    Duckload.White-Ra vs LonerPrime.WE
    mouz.HasuObs vs TLAF-Liquid`HuK
    TLAF-Liquid`Jinro vs mouz.MorroW

Can't wait for the Swe duel and LonerPrime.WE vs White-Ra

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite impressive results so far. Fruitdealer getting totally owned, HasuObs defeating HuK and Jinro losing to Morrow o_O
    However, MC vs Ciara was such a one sided massacre xD

Goody vs Nestea on 26th, TLO vs NaDa on 27th - impressive opponents the Germans got there
    Collection of Goody images: He's famous for playing mech (Tank-Thor-Hellion) and nothing else, against everyone and always playing 30-minute-matches because he turtles so hard
    Also famous for always having long, long production queues (for all noobs: You shouldn't have that, you should always spend all your ressources without queueing up) which are now known as "Goody queues".
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I really can't imagine myself watching a starcraft championship game. Seems so... boring lol. I enjoy playing the game (I suck at it though) but watching a championship kinda borders in the pointless area for me.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I really can't imagine myself watching a starcraft championship game. Seems so... boring lol. I enjoy playing the game (I suck at it though) but watching a championship kinda borders in the pointless area for me.
    Yeah it seems like that in the beginning, but once you're in the zone of becoming ambitious about playing better and winning against other players it's just a small step to downloading some replays of good players, and then start following the scene

Another way getting hooked to it is just seeing someone beeing incredibly good and noticing how extremely good pros can be compared to oneself, often in movies:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_kyunyzfUU

Just made it to Masters League!
    http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/399165/1/Teekessel/
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; April 07, 2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast