Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Manga/Anime/Asian Drama - Bishounen! :D

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manga/Anime/Asian drama gave us a wrong image of men - Bishounen! :D

Choi Young from the K-drama “Faith”.

I that character. He is loyal, brave, kind, intelligent, humble, honest, he is a tsundere with a heart of gold. He is…wonderful~
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manga/Anime/Asian Drama - Bishounen! :D

what do u guys think about Laharl and Adell from Disgaea? i love the way his tie folds on purpose..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the main character from SMT: Nocturne was super bishie! (in a super dark overload kind of way hehe, just the way he got all scarred up was super HAWT)

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the new posters fulgorestyle and outbreak1330! please feel free to explore the site ^^

Anyway, I think recently the typical/cliche characters are evolving these days and mangaka are going for the more real/ average joe characters. whadya think? More of those kenichi (from ah my goddess), or Kyon (from Suzumiya Haruhi), and it's even gaining popularity in the shoujo-verse, I guess.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Trafalgar Law is extremely popular in the ONE PIECE fandom. When he was first introduced at Sabaody Island, I don't think he was meant to be as popular as he is now but his laid back personality, tattoos, having a polar bear in his crew, being a surgeon/doctor, etc. enticed many female readers including myself.

He was fairly popular pre-time skip having made it 10th in the popularity poll. However, it wasn't until the Punk Hazard arc where his legions of fangirls increased tenfold either due to the black long coat or the fact that Oda seems to draw him attractive on purpose (see icon). He has had more costume changes than the protagonist and right now he's shirtless & bleeding.

It's funny because OP now has Cavendish who is actually considered and drawn as a bishonen, but Law is still the object of affection for many.
    Last edited by Asarii; September 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

That's interesting, since OP is about as shounen as anything can get.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

True. I think it's because OP is the epitome of a shounen manga that any character like Law will be extremely popular. If he was in a different manga, I don't think he would get as much attention.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently I've been seeing a lot of fanart for Takamiya Shinobu from Beelzebub. He is quite the bishonen in a classical sense: brooding, handsome, and a good foil to Oga, the protagonist. He smokes, says a lot of cool dialogue, and identifies with being a tragic person.

Out of all the antagonists I'd say Takamiya has quickly risen being a fan favorite despite only being introduced recently. Heck, he even has a color page dedicated to him. Besides him I'd say Jabberwock and Hecadoth are also relatively popular -- but they only got that way because they interacted with Furuichi.

I think his twisted relationship with his demon has something to do with it too. She's a classic looking lolita girl who looks more like a doll. He's known her since he was a child, though obviously the age gap between them has increased since then. Even though she ruined his life, he still cares for her. I'd call her a morality pet except I think she makes him more evil than good. :P

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6