Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

I read the synopsis of Switch Girl and it seems to me to be a rip off of Kare Kano.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

I was reading something similar to that years ago,

the premise was that there was this dorky glasses-guy in school who nobody cared about but this unassuming nobody of a girl. Then girl finds out the dorky snotty boy is actually a rock star when he fixes himself. And his band is quite a popular one too.

I liked that and it ran for very few chapters and the scanlators dropped it or something, so I stopped reading as well. Can't remember the title though, maybe you guys know about it?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like nousatsu rock star/shounen.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

oh right! awesome! I checked it out and apparently its only 8 chapters long. >.> Maybe it was really cancelled.

I'll take a look at it again, for lack of better things to do...

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The last round of the Community Awards Voting has started three days ago and we really need more people giving their vote! Please go ahead guys and help to make this an awesome finish

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey I was wondering if you guys heard of the manga "Ooku".

Apparently it's quite famous with a film adaptation and a drama series...

I could only find 4 volumes online because it's been taken over by Viz. But it's a very interesting take on an alternate history and I find it funny, intense, and deeply stirring especially because of its exploration of role reversal of men and women in feudal Japan where it was supposedly a very patriarchal society.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is translated in French under 'pavillon des hommes' title and a friend lends me the first volumes. The start is slow but the story is indeed original. You can see that the mangaka also write yaoi but it's not really an issue.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder If some of you read A*D - TENSHI NO USO Manga, (Angel's Doubt), I came across it recently and I found it so much to my liking ^ ^

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Yes, it is translated in French under 'pavillon des hommes' title and a friend lends me the first volumes. The start is slow but the story is indeed original. You can see that the mangaka also write yaoi but it's not really an issue.
    yes the story requires that there be some yaoi moments to become effective, but they make the story hilarious!

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi View Post
    I wonder If some of you read A*D - TENSHI NO USO Manga, (Angel's Doubt), I came across it recently and I found it so much to my liking ^ ^
    Hi there!

I like the title, somehow intriguing. Feel free to share more of your opinions here by starting a thread for the series! That way more people will be able to notice it, I bet. ^^

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys! I'd been reading another manga- It's Fujoshi Kanojo

The original story came from a blog that became viral about, well, his girlfriend who is a fujoshi. I didn't check the blog out, but apparently it was also adapted into a light novel, and then a manga, and finally as a movie.

I'm reading the manga now and OMG it's so hilarious! wonder if you've heard of it.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Fujoushi Kanojo reader!

It's actually one of the rare manga that I downloaded and saved. I actually found out about the live-action first and after watching it, I liked a lot that I decided to read manga. Of course, the manga is better and more hilarious. I just felt weird that when I read it, I could understand right away what Yuiko and her fujoushi friends were talking about. I guess it can't be helped if one of my best friends is a fujoushi.
    The funny thing was the day before I found out about Fujoushi Kanojo, I asked my fujoushi friend about what she would do if she had a boyfriend.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

well I'm no fujoshi, but I intended that my boyfriend appreciate manga for what it truly is. I had him read seinen ones like Vagabond, but apparently he's taken a liking to ecchi ones...

not that I complain, because he still reads a few of those that I recommend (he reads at such a slow pace -_-)

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

First post in this section!

So.. I've been looking for a good Shoujo/Josei manga, but the theme has to be some sort of sport. Is there any manga out there which fits with my description? I also prefer if the art is not really girlish and the scanlation is already completed. Thanks for your answer.
    Last edited by Doraku; November 15, 2012 at 04:04 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well.

First that comes to mind is Chihayafuru- about Kurata (a classic Japanese card game) you can choose to watch the anime if the still-incomplete manga does not suit you. The anime is very well done, and I think a second season is already in the making? (not too sure about that)

I also read Kiss and Never Cry which is partly about ice-dancing, part mystery (murder/rape) and part sick love. Hmm. That is also just about 20+ chapters in, but it's by a good mangaka who is well known for Kimi wa Petto (Tramps like Us).

The only completed one that would vaguely match your description is Nodame Cantabile. Not that its about sport, literally, but it's about music- personal achievements, aspiration, and setting goals, entering competitions, etc. And the art is something you'd have to adjust to because its quite simplistic and bare...

There is also Sangatsu no Lion which is by Umino Chika (of Honey and Clover) about a genius Goh player. It's seinen, but since it's by Umino Chika I thought I should recommend it anyway.

Doraku, I don't see you round these parts. Is this your first time exploring shoujo/josei??

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Well.

First that comes to mind is Chihayafuru- about Kurata (a classic Japanese card game) you can choose to watch the anime if the still-incomplete manga does not suit you. The anime is very well done, and I think a second season is already in the making? (not too sure about that)

I also read Kiss and Never Cry which is partly about ice-dancing, part mystery (murder/rape) and part sick love. Hmm. That is also just about 20+ chapters in, but it's by a good mangaka who is well known for Kimi wa Petto (Tramps like Us).

The only completed one that would vaguely match your description is Nodame Cantabile. Not that its about sport, literally, but it's about music- personal achievements, aspiration, and setting goals, entering competitions, etc. And the art is something you'd have to adjust to because its quite simplistic and bare...

There is also Sangatsu no Lion which is by Umino Chika (of Honey and Clover) about a genius Goh player. It's seinen, but since it's by Umino Chika I thought I should recommend it anyway.

Doraku, I don't see you round these parts. Is this your first time exploring shoujo/josei??
    I love Chihayafuru and have finished watching Nodame Cantabile as well.

Well, the problem with 3-Gatsu no Lion is...

Spoiler show

I might check Kiss and Never Cry, looks very interesting.

I read some Shoujo and Josei, but was never interested in discussing it until yesterday . I never see you in my section either. We, as fans of Vinland Saga and Vagabond shall unite

New Reply
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast