Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

Does someone know about Crimson Hero ? It 's a shoujo volleyball manga so it would fit your criteria. I put it in my wish list but I don't remember why...

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I might check Kiss and Never Cry, looks very interesting.
    well the downside really is that scans are going real slow- I had to wait a few months for someone to pick it up again. And I'm not sure they've caught up.

Quote Quote:
    I read some Shoujo and Josei, but was never interested in discussing it until yesterday . I never see you in my section either. We, as fans of Vinland Saga and Vagabond shall unite
    What series compelled you to want to discuss in this section?

I'm a shounen fan myself, but more of the purist faction like DBZ, Mitsuru Adachi (SPORTS ROMANCE! ), etc... ehehe.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dorakun! What a surprise to see you here.

So you read shoujo/josei too? Now that's a new thing. Now I have the same question with baboysai-chan here, haha~

I wanted to check Kiss and Never Cry too before. I was once interested in the summary but when I found out scanlation of the series is not active it slowly lost in my wish list.

I think there's a series titled "Ice Forest" or something (there's a thread of it here, too lazy to look around, lol) which also seems a bit interesting. It has a sport like Kiss and Never Cry (ice skating).

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Does someone know about Crimson Hero ? It 's a shoujo volleyball manga so it would fit your criteria. I put it in my wish list but I don't remember why...
    While it seems the rating is very high on BakaU, but the art looks so girlish.. I might want to check it too though it's not going to be in my priority. Thanks k-dom

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    well the downside really is that scans are going real slow- I had to wait a few months for someone to pick it up again. And I'm not sure they've caught up.
    Ah I don't mind that, to be honest. I have so many series in my backlog, and I don't mind if I have to add one, waiting until the scans is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    What series compelled you to want to discuss in this section?

I'm a shounen fan myself, but more of the purist faction like DBZ, Mitsuru Adachi (SPORTS ROMANCE! ), etc... ehehe.
    Nothing in particular , but I just finished catching up with Orange and dayyyyummm it's so awesome, I couldn't stop reading it.

Well... we have Mix by Adachi Mitsuru there..

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Dorakun! What a surprise to see you here.

So you read shoujo/josei too? Now that's a new thing. Now I have the same question with baboysai-chan here, haha~

I think there's a series titled "Ice Forest" or something (there's a thread of it here, too lazy to look around, lol) which also seems a bit interesting. It has a sport like Kiss and Never Cry (ice skating).
    phio

I read it, but only mainstream titles, I think , let's see.. Chihayfuru, Kaibutsu-Kun,Kimi ni Todoke, Orange.. all are very popular title

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if it's not sport and has girly art, have you tried 7 Seeds Doraku ? It's one of my favorite Josei honestly.

Also you may probably like Gokusen since it's very shounenish

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah I started on 7 seeds before, only because my sister scanlated it in the early chapters. But I'm not much of a fan of mystery type stories (Lost- which is what the premise of 7 seeds is... >.>) so i dropped it. :/

I think it's still ongoing, no? Quite a lengthy series, maybe it's good to last that long.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not really mystery, rather sci-fi and survival. It's more than 100 chapters long now.
    There are also a bit of romance and very good characters growth. If you reread it at least try till the end of the winter team arc. If you're not hooked after that it's not really necessary to go further.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried Ao Haru Ride, I don't like how the story progress

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Even if it's not sport and has girly art, have you tried 7 Seeds Doraku ? It's one of my favorite Josei honestly.

Also you may probably like Gokusen since it's very shounenish
    ah I just want to start reading it, but not sure when.

Thanks a lot for Gokusen!

I remember I'm reading watching pictures from my old-sis's manga a long time ago,but I couldn't read Japanese at that time and totally forget about the title thanks a lot, I guess I have to read this immediately.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if you're into stuff like that, I think you'd like "Please Save My Earth" too.

Although I like the anime so much better. It's really an awesome story. Mindblowing and heartwrenching sci-fi.

Now I'm making a plea!!! please watch it!!! it's only 6 eps of an OVA long Please watch it!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't watch it but I started the manga some time ago. Though I have a few volumes left. I've seen there is a sequel too.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm, I read the sequel and it was kind of weird. Felt like it was from a different author, even. :/ Don't read the sequel- or you could try, and I'd feel you'd just have to agree with me afterwards in dropping it. hehe.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

For people who a light episodic comedy, they may take a look at shoujo Doubutsu no Oishasan. The last translated chapter with a Banei horse (now I know what it is) was really funny.
    Spoiler show

The art may feel a little old fashioned but I find it quite refreshing with all modern shoujo being quite similar and the dog is ultra cute.
    Last edited by k-dom; November 26, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but does anyone else read 5 ji kara 9 ji made? The more I read it the more I am frustrated with the heroine, and I'm planning to drop it soon, because dead god she is one hell of a lose woman (in fact only the otaku character so far has shown to actually carry herself well the other two ladies feel like they were based on every stereo type regarding women which is surprising because the author is a woman yet it feels so divorced). Its surprising how shallow the portrayal of women actually are in the series, two of the three women are quite obsessed with very superficial things, while the men aren't faring any better throwing themselves at the feet of the women and letting themselves be led on so easily.

Does anyone actually have much praise for the series or knows if it gets better because I'm sorely disappointed at how quickly Junko has devolved from this strong independent woman to the most fickle, PMS prone, and highly indecisive heroine I've seen. I've never seen a series ruin itself so quick I mean I'm 9 chapters in blech I wanna punch the bi-polar heroine. I also have to ask what is with the author and her penchant for toxic affairs? For now I just want to see if Zexy (the bitch) and the Monk have stuff blow up on their face because they are by far the most annoying characters next to Junko (the main heroine who takes the lead spot for the worst character), sadly I don't think shit will hit the fat on these characters and might end up with what they 'want' =/.
    Last edited by Hamy; January 06, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been nominated in this year taisho award and I've read the first (long) chapter recently and really enjoyed it. So I recommend to everyone to read Ore monogatari.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Cupid's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I AM FLYING AROUND MH LOOKING FOR LOVE PLEASE JOIN HERE

New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast