Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 260

Thread: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

  1. #226
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    Coming Soon, Please Participate!


  2. #227
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Frown Help me find a shoujo manga?

    Hi there, I'm new here as you can probably guess but I really need help with finding a manga that i read about a month ago and now I can't find it anymore no matter how hard i look for it. I've been trying to find it for the past three hours but no luck
    So i thought that maybe if I described it here since there was only one chapter released since it is fairly new someone might have read it and remembers the name?
    I don't know if it'll work but its my last hope so here it goes.
    So, just as i said earlier, there was only one chapter released the last time i read it. There might be new ones now I'm not sure.
    Anyways, the story starts off with a girl who is about to give a boy her self-made chocolate heart but in the last minute refuses and makes fun of him as if it was all a joke. Then later that day, she talks with her best friend. Even though she says that she doesn't like him, her best friend knows that she's lying and frustrated with him.
    She still has the chocolate heart and offers it to her best friend, who viciously chows it down and then starts crying. In the evening, her best friend thinks back to what she did that day and realizes that she has feelings for her and decides that she won't let that boy take her.
    So thats it for the first chapter. I know it sounds like Yuri but it wasn't put under the yuri tags just the shoujo and a couple of others. If anyone has any suggestions at all please tell me! I really want to read it again and a friend also asked for it too!
    Any comments would be greatly appreciated thanks ! ^^

  3. #228
    MH's Cutest Bunny 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Easter Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Christmas Island
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread


  4. #229
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    So, I spent my free weekend re-reading my old favorites: Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne by Arina Tanemura and Magic Knight Rayearth by CLAMP. I think these classics are very beautiful, in terms of artwork and plot. As if I'm feeling that the more modern shoujo do not reach such depth anymore. Both artists also do not have new releases, as far as I know, which is sad.

  5. #230
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Makati City
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    Oh right how could we forget CLAMP.

    that's why, p-chan, let's get this collective reading going, how about?

  6. #231
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Georgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    So, what does everyone think of Sailor Moon Crystal character designs?
    at first I was nhft, they looked very ....cheap and creepy, but now it has settled in and I like them. I love it that they’re more like the manga and don’t look like everything else out there in anime. Can't wait to see what they look like in motion. I just hope that it's a great production.
    Last edited by Georgie; April 27, 2014 at 11:53 AM.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #232
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Oh right how could we forget CLAMP.

    that's why, p-chan, let's get this collective reading going, how about?
    Yes, yes, but let's not talk about it here. >_>"

    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
    So, what does everyone think of Sailor Moon Crystal character designs?
    at first I was nhft, they looked very ....cheap and creepy, but now it has settled in and I like them. I love it that they’re more like the manga and don’t look like everything else out there in anime. Can't wait to see what they look like in motion. I just hope that it's a great production.
    I was in a nutshell! I didn't know a design is already out. You can read more, including the seiyuu, here:

    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ast-introduced

    When I first saw the design, I thought it was... different. I can feel that old artwork atmosphere, but it is modern at the same time. I'm not yet comfortable with it being static as it is now, maybe because it is not the "original". "Original" here to me includes the old anime version which I've known since little. The poster with Sailor Moon looking above is so pretty and modern. I heard the plot will try to stay true to the manga. Can't wait indeed.

  9. #233
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Makati City
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    ahahaha sorry! I just got so... confused! Since all my thread subscriptions that popped up were tagged shoujo/josei etc. lol.

  10. #234
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    Hello there fans of shoujo and josei! o/

    I come bearing another question of mine concerning matter of the utmost importance to you! /bow

    Well here it, I recently got into the works of Kyoko Okazaki, it was love at first sight you know? So I was wondering if any of you know if her manga: Pink is available to read in some form? I searched the depths of the web with no success.

  11. #235
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Spectrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    São Paulo
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    Hello everyone, although it's my first post here I know the top posters here from asian drama thread haha

    I'm so into shoujo lately, I dunno why but is very refreshing reading some titles...

    This month I picked Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji e Kimi ni Todoke to read and i loved both. Today I picked Chihayafuru to watch and it's very interesting, I'm really enjoying watch it, I'm on episode 7 already lol

    I'm currently reading Aoharaido, Kimi ni Todoke, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji and Stardust Wink, I've finished reading Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and it's one of my favorites titles of all that I've ever read.

    When I typed "chihayafuru" on the search box, this was one of the threads that popped and here I am now, hope we can talk about a lot of stuff =D

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    So, I spent my free weekend re-reading my old favorites: Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne by Arina Tanemura and Magic Knight Rayearth by CLAMP. I think these classics are very beautiful, in terms of artwork and plot. As if I'm feeling that the more modern shoujo do not reach such depth anymore. Both artists also do not have new releases, as far as I know, which is sad.
    Wooow, my sister has the Magic Knight Rayearth collection on VHS, I used to watch it with her when we were kids... It's probably the first shoujo I've ever watch. lol

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #236
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Makati City
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Hello there fans of shoujo and josei! o/

    I come bearing another question of mine concerning matter of the utmost importance to you! /bow

    Well here it, I recently got into the works of Kyoko Okazaki, it was love at first sight you know? So I was wondering if any of you know if her manga: Pink is available to read in some form? I searched the depths of the web with no success.
    well I haven't heard of her? works but a quick search on Mangatraders says that there is Helter Skelter and River's Edge available. I dunno about Pink though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Hello everyone, although it's my first post here I know the top posters here from asian drama thread haha

    I'm so into shoujo lately, I dunno why but is very refreshing reading some titles...

    This month I picked Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji e Kimi ni Todoke to read and i loved both. Today I picked Chihayafuru to watch and it's very interesting, I'm really enjoying watch it, I'm on episode 7 already lol

    I'm currently reading Aoharaido, Kimi ni Todoke, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji and Stardust Wink, I've finished reading Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and it's one of my favorites titles of all that I've ever read.

    When I typed "chihayafuru" on the search box, this was one of the threads that popped and here I am now, hope we can talk about a lot of stuff =D



    Wooow, my sister has the Magic Knight Rayearth collection on VHS, I used to watch it with her when we were kids... It's probably the first shoujo I've ever watch. lol
    hehe welcome to the shoujo/josei hangout then. I think you'll enjoy Nodame Cantabile, Spectrum. And all the more you should watch the Japanese version before starting with the Korean adaptation. ^^

  14. #237
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Spectrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    São Paulo
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    hehe welcome to the shoujo/josei hangout then. I think you'll enjoy Nodame Cantabile, Spectrum. And all the more you should watch the Japanese version before starting with the Korean adaptation. ^^
    Thanks =D

    I guess I'll try the anime first then ^^

  15. #238
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    well I haven't heard of her? works but a quick search on Mangatraders says that there is Helter Skelter and River's Edge available. I dunno about Pink though.



    hehe welcome to the shoujo/josei hangout then. I think you'll enjoy Nodame Cantabile, Spectrum. And all the more you should watch the Japanese version before starting with the Korean adaptation. ^^
    Rivers Edge seems quite to the authors style, got to give that a read and I hope more pick her works up for some discussion, tho it is not that typical for shoujo fans, even for josei tho ... well imo these are the best works of josei.

  16. #239
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Hello there fans of shoujo and josei! o/

    I come bearing another question of mine concerning matter of the utmost importance to you! /bow

    Well here it, I recently got into the works of Kyoko Okazaki, it was love at first sight you know? So I was wondering if any of you know if her manga: Pink is available to read in some form? I searched the depths of the web with no success.
    Huhu, I'm sorry for being so useless but I have never heard of that name. Any other popular series by her?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Hello everyone, although it's my first post here I know the top posters here from asian drama thread haha

    I'm so into shoujo lately, I dunno why but is very refreshing reading some titles...

    This month I picked Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji e Kimi ni Todoke to read and i loved both. Today I picked Chihayafuru to watch and it's very interesting, I'm really enjoying watch it, I'm on episode 7 already lol

    I'm currently reading Aoharaido, Kimi ni Todoke, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji and Stardust Wink, I've finished reading Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and it's one of my favorites titles of all that I've ever read.

    When I typed "chihayafuru" on the search box, this was one of the threads that popped and here I am now, hope we can talk about a lot of stuff =D



    Wooow, my sister has the Magic Knight Rayearth collection on VHS, I used to watch it with her when we were kids... It's probably the first shoujo I've ever watch. lol
    Welcome to Shoujo & Josei!

    Yes, another reader of AHR. I hope to see you in our regular rant whenever new chapters come out, okay? :P I'm glad you picked Chihayafuru! The missing chapters is the biggest reason why I didn't check the manga. I enjoyed the anime very much, though, so I hope you'll do too. It's beautiful in every aspect.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #240
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Spectrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    São Paulo
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

    Thanks, phio! I usually go to the AHR thread, I really enjoy this manga! I'm so hyped about the anime that I can't wait to watch it, guess it'll be great.

    I'm loving to watch Chihayafuru, it's a great anime and it's not so focused in the common relationship between the lead girl and some random guy. Chihaya is completely insane about Karuta, it's the only thing she can sees in front of her and that is why I like her! But I feel sorry for Taichi, his love is totally one sided ):


    I started to watch the Nodame jdrama yesterday... I liked it so I guess I'll keep watching ^^

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts