Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Summoning Animals - Character/Animal Associations?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Summoning Animals - Character/Animal Associations?

Kuchiyose no Jutsu - Summonings are carried out by many characters in the naruto world(usually powerful characters), and usually the animals summoned is affiliated with the characters personality.
    e.g. oro => snakes
    Tsunade => slugs
    kakashi => dogs
    and so on and on.
    Spoiler show

im just starting this thread to see what animal you would associate with your favourite charactors whom have yet to summon.

theres loads of poeple i think will be interesting. e.g. what would u associate with neji, rocklee, TenTen, shino, shakamaru, sakura, hinata sasuke, chouji, kiba, ino, sai, konohamaru, and any character in the naruto series, no matte how powerful of weak, big or small.

rocklees is one of my fav chara and i would love to see him summon the 3rd's Monkey King Enma, that would rock!!!!! or for some reason im thinking he may summon a dragon as his animal (a drunk one)!!!!!!!
    Spoiler show

EDIT:
    i think this would suit shikamaru nicely.
    Spoiler: shikamaru's animal show

i was so shocked to see gai summoning that tortise
    Spoiler: Nin-Kame show
    but what if his more powerful animals were like this
    Spoiler: TAIJUTSU POWER! show
    that would rock

for future sakura how would a rhino sounds
    Spoiler: rhino show
    i picked a rhino becasue of super strength and rhinos are composed animals untill u piss them off, which results in them stomping you with super strength. much like timeskip sakura

and for neji i found this animals picture, tell me what you guys think
    Spoiler show

anyways what animal would guys love to see????????????????????????

Title edited ~ bax
    <br /><br /><br />
    Spoiler: LOL show

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Summoning Animals - character/animal associations??????

I think Zetsu should be able to summon a venus fly trap... , and I can't believe Gai summons a turtle, how contrasting is that, and whats the turtle gonna be good at... taijutsu. The turtle takes off his shell and gets super speed

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member okyatoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ramicollo
    I think Zetsu should be able to summon a venus fly trap... , and I can't believe Gai summons a turtle, how contrasting is that, and whats the turtle gonna be good at... taijutsu. The turtle takes off his shell and gets super speed
    That's very true!

Ok... how'bout...

Nara Shikamaru - (should be a deer, because of his namesake) but I guess, It would be a cat...
    because cats are very wise and calculating... at the same time, very mysterious... as mysterious as Shikamaru's control over shadows

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Zetsu should be able to summon a venus fly trap...
    But that's a plant! *guffaws*

Scientist of Anthropology 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Predator's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okyatoks
    Nara Shikamaru - (should be a deer, because of his namesake)
    In that case we could say for sure that Chouji would summon butterflies and Ino - wild boars.
    I think cat is better for Hinata. Kiba has Akamaru, so no animal summons for him. As for Shino, I think he's pretty close to Kiba in the sense that he's using animals already, but maybe a dragonfly or some horned beatle.

Rock Lee can't use ninjutsu, so he wouldn't be able to summon anyway. Enma could be Konohamarus summoning as he's the Sandaimes grandson.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chouji - Wild Boar
    Shikamaru - Eagle/Hawk/Condor
    Ino - Butterfly
    Rock Lee - Dragon
    Neji - Scorpion/Praying Mantis
    Ten Ten - Porcupine

I'll post more when I can think of some

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by centimetre
    But that's a plant! *guffaws*
    It was only a joke... lighten up.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NeoAltoX's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi summons a weasal
    Kakashi summons a scarecrow
    Neji summons a screw

And so on ^_^

PC Reviewer for GameXC.com

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I also don't like that tsunade summons a snail ... The only thing it's done was spit acid and burst into smaller ones.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

from our old genins i only see shino will be able to use summoning (except for naruto,sasuke and sakura) since he has already a some kind of pact with bugs..it will be a huge bug, probably flying, a dragonfly for example

Spoiler show

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tanuki-dono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also don't like that tsunade summons a snail  ... The only thing it's done was spit acid and burst into smaller ones.
    I adore that she summons a snail, but that might have something to do with my earlier mild fanatics concerning Japanese folklore.  I loved the small excepts about "The Gallant Jiraiya" I read a few years ago (how I wish I could visit that library again).  Incidentally, it's one of the reasons I love Jiraiya's clothes.  In a way, it hearkens to the original - at least in my opinion.  I love how the three Sannin have summons that link back to the cultural roots.  Toad, serpent, bird, spider, and snail magic were considered the main types of magic in old Japan.

We already have Jiraya for toad, Tsunade for snail, and Orochimaru for snake.  I wonder who would summon spiders or birds?  For some reason, Sai comes to mind for spiders and Itachi for birds (crows). Don't ask me why. I'm just playing.
    Comic or Manga I'm Reading at the Moment = Vampire Fetish

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

None of the Konoha genins deserve a summon!!!!!!

Quote Quote:
    Rock Lee can't use ninjutsu, so he wouldn't be able to summon anyway
    Lee can't use jutsus LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WaLkiE
    from our old genins i only see shino will be able to use summoning (except for naruto,sasuke and sakura) since he has already a some kind of pact with bugs..it will be a huge bug, probably flying, a dragonfly for example

Spoiler show
    Agreed

Except maybe Choji, he could summon a butterfly(remember when he fainted?). It sure as hell won't be Ino's summon! And if someone could summon a dragon like Bahamut, that would be neat too

By the way, down with the snails!!! Booo!!! Its way too un-ninja-like
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki-dono
    I adore that she summons a snail, but that might have something to do with my earlier mild fanatics concerning Japanese folklore. I loved the small excepts about "The Gallant Jiraiya" I read a few years ago (how I wish I could visit that library again). Incidentally, it's one of the reasons I love Jiraiya's clothes. In a way, it hearkens to the original - at least in my opinion. I love how the three Sannin have summons that link back to the cultural roots. Toad, serpent, bird, spider, and snail magic were considered the main types of magic in old Japan.

We already have Jiraya for toad, Tsunade for snail, and Orochimaru for snake. I wonder who would summon spiders or birds? For some reason, Sai comes to mind for spiders and Itachi for birds (crows). Don't ask me why. I'm just playing.
    Snails... , you must like it because of the folklore.... Snails, huge sacks of slime... . LOL
    As for the spider summoning, Kidoumaru summons them.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Predator_U
    Rock Lee can't use ninjutsu, so he wouldn't be able to summon anyway. Enma could be Konohamarus summoning as he's the Sandaimes grandson.
    if you looked at my first post i said in the spoiler bit to not worry about the fact that lee cant use ninjutsu etc. but on the positive note i agree with you that i think king enma is better suited with konohamaru.

Lee is a character in my view a mix of bruce lee and drunken master jackie chan. so a huge drunk dragon is lee's animal. and just to note we dont know if lee is still unable to use ninjutsu after the timeskip? i hope his able to.

as for kiba, even tho he already has akamaru, he should he be able to summon more larger dogs??? even tho akamaru is large enough after the time skip, but wouldnt the image of kiba leadin a group of powerful dogs like the ones kakashi has but bigger look wicked????? i would love to see that.

shino i believe should summon the mother of the bugs inside him, hopefully she'll be like that large spider we saw, and she can proved him with tones more chakra eating bugs.

neji should summon a bird. have u guys forgotten the sympolic madness of how neji is a cage bird! and not to mention the eyes. the eyes of some birds have 8x better version then humans, neji's eyes are well everyone knows, so u guys get the picture, big bird for neji

somethin tells me sasuke already knows the summoning of snakes, athough i think a panther would nice with him!

I also don't like that tsunade summons a snail  ... The only thing it's done was spit acid and burst into smaller ones.
    actually the slug suits her well because slugs has elements of healing, tsunade is a medical ninja 2+2=correct?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampages
    None of the Konoha genins deserve a summon!!!!!!
    rampage my old friend way do you say this?????
    and no genins part from naruto gaara and temari can summon anyway. but think in the future should they be allowed to summon then?
    <br /><br /><br />
    Spoiler: LOL show

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Shikamaru is so lazy, I would not be suprised if he could summon a teddybear

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast