Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Hi Mina-san,

i didn't find anything about the past from Ichigo's father on the forum.
    So, let's me ask : how do you think his youth was ?

Well, i can't remember where in bleach's manga or bleach's animation we can see him wearing shinigami clothes(thanks for telling me where it was), but i have got the feeling that he was once before.

Most of all, I can't be surprised to see him being the Vaizard's Leader.

So let's share ideas about him, what he could be in the future & so on.

Ja ne.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's Father ...

I remember that there is a theory that he was a royal guard at Soul Society.
    But I'm not sure about that.

There is surely a mystery about him. He does have Shinigami powers and he was able to impress the Shinigami who saw him with that...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have an idea in which chapter or episode it was ?

Post Thanks / Like

Isshin appears in Shinigami uniform in the last page of chapter 186 then all throughout 187 and 188. He talks to Urahara who does in fact confirm that he was a Shinigami beforehand since he asks Isshin how it feels to be in a Shinigami body again after 20 years. The anime however has not caught up to this part of the manga.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the chapters !!!!

btw, any ideas about who he "really" is ?
    what do you think about him as a Vaizard's leader ?

he always tries to make Ichigo ready to fight, Does he have a future for his son ?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah. He can't be a Vaizard's leader. It just doesn't fit with the fact that he had a shred of a Captain's robes on. Threre' a high possibilty that he was from the Royal Gurad if not Captain.

I remmber something about him being a Shinigami soo... XD

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, i read again the chapter about him and he can't be a vaizard, but what is surprising, that's Uruhara et Isshin know about Vaizard.
    If a captain in Soul Society is shocked to see Ichigo with his hollow mask.and doesn't know what it is ... i can't think that Isshin is not related to the vaizard and Aizen true form.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin and Urahara are close accomplices. Maybe he's in the same division as Urahara when Urahara was still part of the Gotei 13. That's how Isshin got to know about the vaizards and stuff. Since vaizards are based in the real world instead of soul society, it's no real surprise that a captain like Kuchiki Byakuya doesnt know what a vaizard is. So in conclusion, i'd play down the idea that Kurosaki Isshin is a vaizard leader of some sort.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin as the Vaizard Leader is a bit of a stretch. Now, Issin as a zaizard at all, thats possible. He may have been part of Urahara's experiments. Perhaps even the first real success in unlocking the hollow side, a process which he later used on Ichigo. He may have simply been forced to leave when Urahara did.

On that note, I have always heard that Urahara was forced out due to his creation of the battery, and other hollow experiments deamed inappopriate. Is this fact or assumption? What chapters is it from if it is fact?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ILUVATAR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm, how about in the first chapters when the first hollow attacked Ichigo and his family... how come and he droped "dead" so easily... did he got by surprise? he? that great and powerful shinigami?
    i want to hear your opinion on this
    *When you laugh, it's as though the world becomes, just a little, a nicer place.
    *Being alone is scary. Solitude is scary.
    *I have rushed here, when i was summoned. Because you were crying. You were sobbing as if you were screaming.
    *The nights that morning will never come doesn't exist.
    *More than anyone could ever admire you, this is the definite truth, I like you...
    *Because you are like the sky, causing me pain in love... because I love you.
    *Did you hear? Did i reach you?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    hmmm, how about in the first chapters when the first hollow attacked Ichigo and his family... how come and he droped "dead" so easily... did he got by surprise? he? that great and powerful shinigami?
    i want to hear your opinion on this
    I have a feeling whatver he's been doing from the start before it was revealed he was a Shinigami, was all fake. Maybe he knew there was a Shingami around *Rukia* and didn't even bother.

Because if he tried to do something, it'll be revelaed to his children, adn I doubt he'd want that.

Spoiler: Chapter 223 show

Quote Quote:
    Isshin as the Vaizard Leader is a bit of a stretch. Now, Issin as a zaizard at all, thats possible. He may have been part of Urahara's experiments. Perhaps even the first real success in unlocking the hollow side, a process which he later used on Ichigo. He may have simply been forced to leave when Urahara did.
    On that note, I have always heard that Urahara was forced out due to his creation of the battery, and other hollow experiments deamed inappopriate. Is this fact or assumption? What chapters is it from if it is fact?
    Actually, Urahara was indeed kicked out of SS due to a creation he made. Can't remember the chapter, but that was when Aizen was telling Rukia what he was after her for.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Remus's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Urahara wasnt kicked so far. He just left in order to hide the thingy Aizen now found and stole. About Isshin I guess the reason he retired has something to do with the death of his wife. It was very tragic as far as I know.
    Navy Officer on Duty | See Ya if I get the Chance | Back in Europe and Germany of course

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Uruhara was put in jail and awaiting to be executed because of something he made ( that thing in Rukia's body? what was it's name? ) and Yoruichi saved him and they both dissapeared... at least that's what i remember...

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khal
    Uruhara was put in jail and awaiting to be executed because of something he made ( that thing in Rukia's body? what was it's name? ) and Yoruichi saved him and they both dissapeared... at least that's what i remember...
    Urahara put in jail?! Since when? Which chapter did that come from? O_O;

He was exiled because of the gigai he made, one which can hide the Shinigami's reiatsu. In fact, the research center guys were talking about this when Rukia's gigai was sent for destruction. (Chapter 69, page 5)

Oh, and that "thing" in Rukia is called Hougyoku.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ghost: He was never put in jail. XD I thin khe just left, and Yoruichi followed. Urahara was banned from SS I suppose.

New Reply
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast