Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isshin - Who exactly is he???

or it could also be because they fought once before, just like ichigo and uryuu? hmhm, yeah...this thread is going nowhere atm...need moar dataz!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member genkizen's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like if what Isshin was wearing was modified from what his usually uniform, Urahara would have mentioned it, could be wrong though.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

it could signify that he's retired and that we're thinking too much...

@genkizen- lol dude, love the av! "chuck norris doesn't need to play to finish a song, he just stares the console down till he gets 5 stars" hmhm...crappy effort for a CN joke...lolz, my bad.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    This thread is going no where.. I think someone should lock it then reopen it when a relevance new chapter available..
    This is basically a character discussion thread for Isshin Kurosaki. Any thoughts or opinions on him can go here. There really is not a hypothesis or specific idea for this thread that anyone is trying to prove or show; so, the thread can remain open.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/317/07/

question.....where's the last kenpachi? I believe it's the old man in the link above WITH head above his forehead or isshin

but yeah if you notice on top of that 2 other captains are missing(Isshin and Mrs.Kurosaki?)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JioFreed666 View Post
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/317/07/

question.....where's the last kenpachi? I believe it's the old man in the link above WITH head above his forehead or isshin

but yeah if you notice on top of that 2 other captains are missing(Isshin and Mrs.Kurosaki?)
    Shinji states that no one from the 11th divsion is present and the only other divisions that we see show up are 8th (Shunsui and Lisa), 13th (Ukitake), 12th (Urahara), and 1st (Yamamoto). Given the order of the line-up, the old man is most likely captain of the 6th divsion and also most likely a Kuchiki, given his scarf and hair piece that are the traditional symbols of the leader of the Kuchiki clan.

So, only 2 captains are missing from the assembly: the Kenpachi of 11th division and the deceased 10th division captain. I doubt Isshin is the current Kenpachi. (He could be the supposedly deceased 10th division captain, but even that would be a bit of a long shot.) Masaki Kurosaki is most likely not even a shinigami. I don't know why it is so hard for some people to accept that she might just be a human like she has been claimed to have been. Isshin falling in love with a mortal woman and losing his shinigami powers, what is so wrong with that?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    Shinji states that no one from the 11th divsion is present and the only other divisions that we see show up are 8th (Shunsui and Lisa), 13th (Ukitake), 12th (Urahara), and 1st (Yamamoto). Given the order of the line-up, the old man is most likely captain of the 6th divsion and also most likely a Kuchiki, given his scarf and hair piece that are the traditional symbols of the leader of the Kuchiki clan.

So, only 2 captains are missing from the assembly: the Kenpachi of 11th division and the deceased 10th division captain. I doubt Isshin is the current Kenpachi. (He could be the supposedly deceased 10th division captain, but even that would be a bit of a long shot.) Masaki Kurosaki is most likely not even a shinigami. I don't know why it is so hard for some people to accept that she might just be a human like she has been claimed to have been. Isshin falling in love with a mortal woman and losing his shinigami powers, what is so wrong with that?
    cause he didn't lose his power.....anyway when dose it say the 10th at that time is dead? and still no reason the normal captain stand in(the vice captain) wouldn't attend even if the 10th at that time was dead

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

cause he didn't lose his power.....anyway when dose it say the 10th at that time is dead? and still no reason the normal captain stand in(the vice captain) wouldn't attend even if the 10th at that time was dead
    You are correct that it could be that he did not lose his powers 20 years ago. Perhaps, my previous statement was not clear enough then. Allow me to rephrase it: "Isshin falling in love with a mortal woman and giving up his shinigami powers, what is so wrong with that?"

Shunsui says that the 10th captain is dead here.

The reason why the lieutenant of 10th division present is unknown. Perhaps, the 10th division lieutenant was present but was standing in the background like the lieutenant standing behind the elderly Kuchiki captain. The captain's lineup is for captains, and if a lieutenant is present, they probably would not stand among the captains even if the lieutenant is representing his/her captain.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    You are correct that it could be that he did not lose his powers 20 years ago. Perhaps, my previous statement was not clear enough then. Allow me to rephrase it: "Isshin falling in love with a mortal woman and giving up his shinigami powers, what is so wrong with that?"

Shunsui says that the 10th captain is dead here.

The reason why the lieutenant of 10th division present is unknown. Perhaps, the 10th division lieutenant was present but was standing in the background like the lieutenant standing behind the elderly Kuchiki captain. The captain's lineup is for captains, and if a lieutenant is present, they probably would not stand among the captains even if the lieutenant is representing his/her captain.
    they would atleast stand near the line alittle behind it but not as far back as that vice captain,I call them vice captains because they aren't promoted the same way a military and if the captain dies or disappers in combat against someone other then a captain hopeful they are promoted to captain stand in until Yamamoto or C46 assigns a new captain and if they do a good job it's probably there (like the 9th and 3rd are being captained by there vice captain in the time of the main story during bleach)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

they would atleast stand near the line alittle behind it but not as far back as that vice captain,I call them vice captains because they aren't promoted the same way a military and if the captain dies or disappers in combat against someone other then a captain hopeful they are promoted to captain stand in until Yamamoto or C46 assigns a new captain and if they do a good job it's probably there (like the 9th and 3rd are being captained by there vice captain in the time of the main story during bleach)
    The 9th and 3rd divisions are being managed currently by their lieutenants in the absence of the captains. That is position of lieutenants/vice-captains; as 2nd seat in the division, they fill in a leadership capacity when the 1st seat cannot lead. The lieutenants, however, are still not captains and have no place in a captain's lineup. Saying that they should stand arbitrarily somewhere between the captains and the other vice captains is just your personal preference. There is no reason why they should have some special place to stand other than because of the special importance that you are trying to give them in carrying out their duties as fukutaichou.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

right I'll let this go but I still believe there something a little wrong with that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i always thought isshin left SS for a human so probably kurosachi isshin name is not true, a fake name.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/317/10/
    I noticed something about that page... See that guy behind the left shoulder of fat lips guy?

Doesn't he look like Isshin? I think the eyes, eyebrows and nose are almost identical... And the hair isn't that different either... Just not as spiky.
    (Isshin reference: http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/187/18-19/)

It does make sense if he used to be in squad 12 under Urahara, as they clearly know each other pretty well... And I find it weird that you only see the top of that guy's head, as he doesn't look like someone that'd be that short. It might be a way to make it so that he won't be easily recognized.
    Also, if he's a seated officer or something at that time and later becomes a captain, that'd fit with Shinji not recognizing his reiatsu.

I might just be taking things too seriously... ^^' It would be a little weird if he were introduced this way in the gaiden, like some random nobody... Just thought I'd point it out anyway.

And also, one more thing that I noticed. It's about his clothes...
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/187/18-19/
    Look at his left shoulder. The captain haori isn't the only thing tied to it. I don't know what to call it, but could that thing tied on top of the haori possibly have something to do with the royal guard?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member True Blade's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin Kurosaki as a Captain

This is a theory I came up with earlier, so I'm reposting it here to see what more people think.
    ninjaa originally proposed the idea about Zero Squad. The rest is my own speculation.

Quote Quote:
    As for Isshin and Zero Squad, that's a possibility! If you check the Bleach timeline, pretty much every Captain's seat is reliably filled at least 100 years back (to the creation of the Visored). Since it's been stated that Isshin stopped being a Soul Reaper around 20 years before the main story begins, and he would have had to have been a captain for some time before that, it really makes you wonder where he was.

With the introduction of Zero Squad, that definitely is a possible place for him to have been. His power has been hinted to be at least Captain level or well above, and it seems that Zero Squad is composed entirely of exceptional captains! It really makes me wonder just how old a soul reaper Isshin is, though. That would mean that at least 100 years back, probably more, he was in Zero Squad, and some time before that he was a regular captain. Or maybe the people promoted to Zero Squad don't have to be captains, just captain level. I wish I knew more about Zero Squad to speculate!
    Quote Quote:
    My other theory on Isshin places him as 10th squad's division captain. It's the only squad who's captain isn't revealed in Turn Back the Pendulum, (Besides 11th squad's, but we know the former captain was killed by Kenpachi, so I'm ruling that out), and we know that Hitsugaya is a relatively new captain! As a matter of fact, his special released chapter was "-15", while Turn Back the Pendulum was all numbers surrounding "-100". I like to think of those as years before the main storyline, which means that less than 15 years ago Hitsugaya became 10th squad's captain. Isshin stopped being a soul reaper around 20 years ago. I think it fits pretty well, and... can't you just see him and Matsumoto getting along? But that brings up the question as to why she hasn't realized Ichigo is his son, or stopped by to say hello to him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's Father ...

isshin is shown in shinigami uniform with what looks like a captains kimono tied on his arm when he took on grand fisher and then ishidas dad came in and idk if urahara was there but i know kon knows about isshin cause he was saved by him and i dnt remember if he told kon not to tell ichigo but ._. kon didnt tell ichigo that his dad is a shinigami(and an incredibly strong one to add)

Ps. urahara was never in jail he went to get mayuri out and then he was banished by being framed by aizen for the hollowfication he invented using hougyoku but yoruichi saved him from having his powers removed and him being stripped of some other important things that makes him so kick ass now

New Reply
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast