Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Pevee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's Father ...

I think he has something to do with the royal family. He's either the royal guard or one of the royal family himself. To think about it, I think it will fit perfectly well with the story line if he is one of the royal family and Ichigo is also one. The manga would be so cool!
    ...the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short....

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

^agreed!

Thus making this King thing even cooler! :knk

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVATAR
    hmmm, how about in the first chapters when the first hollow attacked Ichigo and his family... how come and he droped "dead" so easily... did he got by surprise? he? that great and powerful shinigami?
    i want to hear your opinion on this
    If he is a Captain level death god then he should be powerful enough to have stepped in at any time and saved them if Rukia proved incapable. He probably would have activley held back when he saw that things were heading toward Ichigo getting Death God powers.

On another note, in Chapter 187 King Fisher says "if the father is a shinigami, then Kurosaki Ichigo is a Shinketsu (true blood, by my translation)." Does that mean that both Issin AND Ichigo's mother were/are death gods?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm... a thread about Isshin.. what could i possible post here.
    maybe something like:
    OMG!!!!! He is a shinigami!!! OMG!! new favourite character for the boff oh hell yeah!

now that i got that out of my system.
    Quote Originally Posted by quantus347
    If he is a Captain level death god then he should be powerful enough to have stepped in at any time and saved them if Rukia proved incapable.  He probably would have activley held back when he saw that things were heading toward Ichigo getting Death God powers.

On another note, in Chapter 187 King Fisher says "if the father is a shinigami, then Kurosaki Ichigo is a Shinketsu (true blood, by my translation)."  Does that mean that both Issin AND Ichigo's mother were/are death gods?
    it would seem so yes. but that just weirds up everything... then his mother should have been able to
    do something about fisher. maybe not beat him but still fight him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quantus347
    If he is a Captain level death god then he should be powerful enough to have stepped in at any time and saved them if Rukia proved incapable.  He probably would have activley held back when he saw that things were heading toward Ichigo getting Death God powers.

On another note, in Chapter 187 King Fisher says "if the father is a shinigami, then Kurosaki Ichigo is a Shinketsu (true blood, by my translation)."  Does that mean that both Issin AND Ichigo's mother were/are death gods?
    his mother can't possibly be death god else she woulda seen the hollow like what ichigo had seen

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa
    his mother can't possibly be death god else she woulda seen the hollow like what ichigo had seen
    all the more reason for her to scream noooo and run towards ichigo in a panik

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, heres a thougtht:

Isshin and his wife are death gods who flee soul society 20 years ago (the reason why being a whole other thread of speculation, lets set it aside for the moment). To hide, or maybe to try and start a new life, they both use one of uruhara's special gigai that eat you spirit power until you become human. Fast forward a few years and Ichigo's former death god mother can see the hollow about to eat child ichigo, but cant do anything more than jump in the way to stop it. This is supported by Isshin saying (ch 188) "I was powerless to save masaki that night."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ILUVATAR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, think of the other thingy.... while Ichigo was fighting Grand Fisher he let his son fight by himself and almost died? (iChigo could have died in that fight yet he didn't do anything)
    and on the other hand, Grand Fisher was the killer of his wife, he must have sensed his power didn't he? wasn't he curious to just see the hollow his son was fighting? and if he saw it why didn't he killed him in an instant for revenge ;[ aha aha VENGEANCE AAARGHHH
    *When you laugh, it's as though the world becomes, just a little, a nicer place.
    *Being alone is scary. Solitude is scary.
    *I have rushed here, when i was summoned. Because you were crying. You were sobbing as if you were screaming.
    *The nights that morning will never come doesn't exist.
    *More than anyone could ever admire you, this is the definite truth, I like you...
    *Because you are like the sky, causing me pain in love... because I love you.
    *Did you hear? Did i reach you?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVATAR
    and on the other hand, Grand Fisher was the killer of his wife, he must have sensed his power didn't he? wasn't he curious to just see the hollow his son was fighting? and if he saw it why didn't he killed him in an instant for revenge ;[ aha aha VENGEANCE AAARGHHH
    After he did kill King Fisher he told Uruhara that he had never had a grudge against the hollow, just the fact that he could not protect her that night.

On the Note of Uruhara: Whatever happened to him, he was more than just ordinarily kicked out of soul society. The very fabric of soul society itself will not allow him to enter, even while he's sneaking so many other people in. That is more that just normal "leaving." It also strikes me as a bit beyond the power of the Gotei 13. perhaps the King/Royal Family (who are described as have more god-like powers) had something to do with it? Aslo make you wonder what will happen to his soul when it comes time for him to die and return as per the cycle. will his soul be allowed in?

Post Thanks / Like

well isshin doesnt seem to have anything against urahara
    so i wonder if (assuming that he is the prince or associated with the royal family in some way)he sided with urahara and was kicked out as well for siding with him.

also if he was banished (or is royal blood who escaped) maybe he just hides his powers wenever he can so that the gotei 13 wont pick up on him. if thats true it would make sense for him to show his powers when he did and not before, since he can sense the strong forces that aizen is building. he probably figures that soul society wont worry about him since theyre dealing with a war and all hell breaking loose and all
    They made me do it

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Isshin used to be Uruhara's vice-captain? I still think Uruhara's powers are above Isshin's...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My opinion:
    On the whole first chapter issue, at the moment he was not a shinigami, right? He was a normal human and that is why he got his ass kicked. Which makes me believe that his shinigami powers were somehow sealed by Urahara, and later maybe after the Grand Fisher incident or during the Soul Society Arc(b/c the threat to his son's life had risen), He had Urahara lift the seal on his powers. Even if he were able to use his shinigami powers, he would still need some way to leave his physical body. He probably wanted to avoid bringing out his shinigami form maybe for some past mistake or tragedy, but the threat from Aizen's betrayal and such forced him to ally with Urahara and bring out his old shinigami form. I think that his powers were released during or just after the Soul Society arc.

Onto the true blood thing, I know this may sound a bit sexist, but since all Grand Fisher needed to know was the fact that Ichigo's father was a shinigami then maybe the shinigami "genes" are passed from the males onto their children.

I think Isshin is a member of the royal guard who fell in love with a member of the royal family(the wife). It was forbidden. Exiled and stripped of powers (at least to SS knowledge). Urahara is exiled at around the same time, and the wife uses it as a chance to escape and find Isshin. Whether or not members of the royal family are shinigami has not been determined, and maybe the wife had to be in a gigai that eventually mader her a human (like someone else said) without the ability to see spirits and such .

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if Isshin's powers was sealed, i think he could be angry after Uruhara, and even if he could understand why he was sealed, he should not be so friendly with him.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member One Bad Mo Fo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he might have been the former 11th squad captain. The piece of captains cloak he has on is arm has the same stylizing as that of Kenpachi. The frayed coat thing carries over to Ichigo who is really an 11th squad kinda guy, one might think that Isshin is the same way. When Ichigo goes to soul society several people are like “Kurosaki eh?” as if they know the name Kenpachi is one of these, but I don’t think they’d ever take the connection seriously because Isshin faked his own death when Kenpachi became the 11th squad captain. To escape the rigid soul society and start a family w/ his wife the needed to ovoid detection in the living world, which is where Urahara and his special gigai come in.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

He would have to fake his death in the presence of lots of members of the 11th squad too..don't forget that they need witnesses of the battle, either.
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

New Reply
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast