Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's Father ...

Quote Originally Posted by finalmichiel View Post
    Didn't Aizen that if Rukia had been in the gigai longer, she would have become a true human? here and here ?
    he said human spirit, i mean turning him into a full fledged living human again so that he could procreate.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I just re-read the part where Isshin was introduced as a Shinigami, and I can't figure out who that guy could be...

I mean... at first, I thought he could be "that guy" that was said to have retire during the Pendulum arc, but that was 110 years ago, so it doesn't work...

We know that he left for the real world 20 years ago...
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/188/06/

So, how does he know Urahara...
    Urahara left SS 110 years ago...

So many questions!! Arrghh!!!

-----

And it seems like Isshin and Urahara are working closely together about what's coming.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/188/10/

So, I think that they will play a huge part in the next arc.
    And I hope so, because Urahara and Isshin are by far my two favorite characters!!!
    It says he abandoned the shinigami form 20 years ago, not that he has been there for 20 years lol. He might have been around for a mere 20 years but there is also a chance he left for the real world long before that.

The thing I find weird is that no one recognizes the kurosaki name. Regardless of when ishin left SS -provided it was within the last 200 years-, the older captains should at least remember at some point there was a captain under that name. I find it strange that no one has at least reminisce about that. That, and the fact that ishida's dad apparently refused to call ishin kurosaki leads me to believe that kurosaki is not ishin's real last name. There is no reason for ishida's dad not to want to call ishin by that name though, unless there is some significance to it. That leads me to believe kurosaki is actually masaki's last name. I doubt it actually is a random name ishin came up with since in that case there wouldn't be a good reason for ishida's dad not to call ishin by that name and overall it would have no significance whatsoever.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i saw a theory on bleach asylum that was very interesting, issin was a member of the royal gaurd and masaki was the daughter of the spirit king and they ran away together because their love was forbidden. pretty bold theory but it would really have ichigo stand out and make him truley special.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    It says he abandoned the shinigami form 20 years ago, not that he has been there for 20 years lol. He might have been around for a mere 20 years but there is also a chance he left for the real world long before that.

The thing I find weird is that no one recognizes the kurosaki name. Regardless of when ishin left SS -provided it was within the last 200 years-, the older captains should at least remember at some point there was a captain under that name. I find it strange that no one has at least reminisce about that. That, and the fact that ishida's dad apparently refused to call ishin kurosaki leads me to believe that kurosaki is not ishin's real last name. There is no reason for ishida's dad not to want to call ishin by that name though, unless there is some significance to it. That leads me to believe kurosaki is actually masaki's last name. I doubt it actually is a random name ishin came up with since in that case there wouldn't be a good reason for ishida's dad not to call ishin by that name and overall it would have no significance whatsoever.
    I don't remember Ishida's dad saying that...

Maybe Masaki was a Quincy!!
    That would explain that, and might somehow explain why Ichigo is special...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/241/10/

Here you go. IMHO this remark has great importance, specially given kubo's stile of making things said extremely literal(to the point where a character has never actually said anything more than what his textual words implied). Why would ishida refuse to call ishin by the kurosaki name? Obviously the name has a certain degree of importance to him and to ishin, it most likely isn't some random name made up to hide mor efficiently. Thing is that what with we currently know the only thing that makes sense would be that masaki is what made that name important. Hence my honest believe that kurosaki isn't ishin's family name but masaki's.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/241/10/

Here you go. IMHO this remark has great importance, specially given kubo's stile of making things said extremely literal(to the point where a character has never actually said anything more than what his textual words implied). Why would ishida refuse to call ishin by the kurosaki name? Obviously the name has a certain degree of importance to him and to ishin, it most likely isn't some random name made up to hide mor efficiently. Thing is that what with we currently know the only thing that makes sense would be that masaki is what made that name important. Hence my honest believe that kurosaki isn't ishin's family name but masaki's.
    I don't know, man...
    I just read the part, and I see nothing mysterious here...

All I see is that they used to be friends (he probably used to call him by his first name Isshin), and suddenly he act really unfriendly by calling him by his last name Kurosaki.

I might be wrong, but I see nothing out of the ordinary here...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would it be unfriendly if he called him kurosaki? If ishida's dad is anything like his son he would not call ishin anything else other than kurosaki. Even uryu has yet to call ichigo by his name, he only calls him kurosaki.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member emanresu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

good point. perhaps masaki was ryuuken sister. that should answer why they're somewhat related.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Ishida comes and teach Ichigo how to use his powers to the max because I don't see Uaharra doing it and I wanna see Ishida true power

Recession hit us all hard

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kalik2k's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, be serious, Ichigo is definately not part quincy.

It'd be totally stupid making the main character part human, part soul reaper, part hollow and part quincy. Plus, Masaki doesn't even look like Ryuuken! For starters they all have a kind of blue hair, Uryuu - blue, Ryuuken - light blue and Soken - light grey which indicates his hair was a light colour and on top of that they all wear glasses!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The quincy storyline is essentially dead.

Tying Ichigo to it by giving him Quincy Blood would just ruin the story and Kubo knows that.

It's pretty obvious Ichigo's Father is going to have an important role in the near future hence why he was left unmentioned in the turn back the pendulum with Kisuke and why he was introduced to still have shinigami powers.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would it be unfriendly if he called him kurosaki? If ishida's dad is anything like his son he would not call ishin anything else other than kurosaki. Even uryu has yet to call ichigo by his name, he only calls him kurosaki.
    Ryuuken might not be anything like Uryuu though.

Uryuu hasn't called anyone by their given name so far, only family name, as far as I can recall.

Calling someone by their family name when you've called them only by their given name before isn't really unfriendly, but it is a bit more distant and less intimate (probably not the best word choice, but it's the best I got).

Isshin implying that Ryuuken has only called him by his given name could imply that they were close friends in the past, and Ryuuken calling him "Kurosaki" could imply that, to Ryuuken at least, the friendship grew a little cold.

As an example, look at the situations when Mizuiro calls Keigo "Asano-san".

As an aside, I just noticed something odd with the Ishida's names.

Grandpa: Souken
    Dad: Ryuuken
    Son: Uryuu

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Uryuu's name is different because the "ken" part could be a Quincy thing. And Ryuuken could have wanted to make his son as "normal" as possible and leave the Quincy business behind.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kalik2k's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe he just wanted to call his son Uryuu... What does it matter anyway what his name is?

This is my view on the whole Isshin/Ryuuken thing.

Isshin and Ryuuken went to medical school together, became best friends where everything was nice and peacefull, like Ryuuken calling Isshin by his first name. Then one day Isshin leaks out some spirit energy and Ryuuken realises he's a soul reaper, now out of hatred he calls him by his last name.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kalik2k View Post
    Or maybe he just wanted to call his son Uryuu... What does it matter anyway what his name is?

This is my view on the whole Isshin/Ryuuken thing.

Isshin and Ryuuken went to medical school together, became best friends where everything was nice and peacefull, like Ryuuken calling Isshin by his first name. Then one day Isshin leaks out some spirit energy and Ryuuken realises he's a soul reaper, now out of hatred he calls him by his last name.
    Ryuuken doesn't hate Isshin. If he did they most certainly wouldn't be sitting and talking together let alone even slightly joking.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

New Reply
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast