Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Well,one thing that is sure : when Masaki died because of the Hollow,Isshin did not have powers,otherwise he would have saved her,right?Meaning that one thing as sure as hell is that he did lose them (or did not have them) at that time.Either because of FGT(most likely) either because of the gigai(I think this is what Urahara meant when he told Isshin to not blame him for losing his powers).Then again,it seems that even though if one loses his Shinigami powers,they still return(either by a forced method like the recently-used method on Ichigo),either by another method currently unknown to us.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Isshin lost his powers at around the same time he married Masaki, didn't he? It also coincides with the time Ginjou disappeared. It seems a series of events happened which cost Isshin his powers and changed Ginjou's view about shinigami. IMHO the badge is just the tip of the iceberg, there is something more important which deeply affected Ginjou and made him loathe shinigami. Isshin keeps it a secret and he doesn't want Ichigo to learn about it. Ginjou thinks Ichigo might have thought differently if he was in his shoes.

Even though the popular theory is that Isshin lost his powers after using FGT, I think there's the possibility that Urahara has something to do with it, why did he tell Isshin not to blame him? Did Urahara conduct an experiment to give Isshin the ability to have children, is this why Isshin lost his powers? Ginjou is the first substitute shinigami, so it was most likely Urahara who found a method that allows shinigami to have human children.
    there is no evidence that a shinigami cannot have kids with a human, nor is there any that it is possible. So speculating beyond that as in Urahara might have devised a method of procreating is...to far?

As far as i can tell Isshin lost his powers and why we dont know. What we do know is that he loved his wife. And perhaps he got banished for being with a human. Also its possible hes from zero squad. That might make him fall under the soul kings jurisdiction and not SS. So they would directly adres him.

It is really interesting but we need more info on humans with shinigamis to know for sure.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    Well,one thing that is sure : when Masaki died because of the Hollow,Isshin did not have powers,otherwise he would have saved her,right?Meaning that one thing as sure as hell is that he did lose them (or did not have them) at that time.Either because of FGT(most likely) either because of the gigai(I think this is what Urahara meant when he told Isshin to not blame him for losing his powers).Then again,it seems that even though if one loses his Shinigami powers,they still return(either by a forced method like the recently-used method on Ichigo),either by another method currently unknown to us.
    When he decided to marry a human he might have gotten the choice from the Soul King, keep your powers and be a shinigami or dont and live as a human, (be it in a gigai.) Remember from the extra chapters that those that dont follow the rules are kept locked up indefinite. Urahara was the prison warden ^ ^. Isshin is a powerfull shinigami of captain class at least so they would never let him do as he pleases if they already lock up loser shinigamis Those extra chapters really tell you how the gotei 13 and possibly the ranks above that operate.
    You can get in but you cant get out.
    I find it possible that he might have been zero squad and that he was close to the soul king and he might have made a unusual exception for him. As in stripping him of his powers so he would not be a threat whilst in the human world.
    Last edited by ca12nag3; December 24, 2011 at 01:18 PM.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    there is no evidence that a shinigami cannot have kids with a human, nor is there any that it is possible. So speculating beyond that as in Urahara might have devised a method of procreating is...to far?

As far as i can tell Isshin lost his powers and why we dont know. What we do know is that he loved his wife. And perhaps he got banished for being with a human. Also its possible hes from zero squad. That might make him fall under the soul kings jurisdiction and not SS. So they would directly adres him.

It is really interesting but we need more info on humans with shinigamis to know for sure.
    Well, the reason why I think Urahara might have devised such a method is because Ginjou is apparently the first person who is the offspring of a shinigami and a human. Shinigami have been interacting with humans for as long as human history, in that sense it's strange that no shinigami in history had ever mated with a human whom he liked, and if they did indeed mate, why was there no offspring before Ginjou?

Mine, as every other, is just a theory of course but if Isshin, among possibly thousands of shinigami, is the first (or one of the first) who can have children with a human mother, I would like to know if Urahara, the genius who is Isshin's close friend, has something to do with it. We know Urahara is partly responsible for Isshin's loss of powers, it seems to me that Urahara did something to Isshin which he was aware of its consequences.

Isshin was strong enough to hold his own against Aizen and we're not even sure his powers were fully recovered at that point, I wonder who could have pushed Isshin to the point that he had to use FGT to win. And even if he used FGT, isn't it strange that he married Masaki right after he lost his powers? It's very likely that Isshin met Masaki before he lost his powers, so in all likelihood he either fought RGs to protect his right to marry a human (and became the enemy of the state) or something else happened to him. Due to stated problems with the former option, I tend to think the latter is more probable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

To me, Isshin had to have become a shinigami, after the incident with the Vaizards. Mainly because of Shiniji's reaction to his reiatsu.

Isshin's relationship with Soul Society could've been effected by Aizen. I do think, these two crossed paths and Aizen could've been the man responsible for Ichigo's birth as far as Isshin and Masaki being together. The question for me is, what made Masaki so special to give birth to Ichigo, irregardless of Isshin being a shinigami?. I wonder, if she was more than just a human.

p.s., I don't think at all, Masaki was a fullbringer.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Moon Stricken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Well, the reason why I think Urahara might have devised such a method is because Ginjou is apparently the first person who is the offspring of a shinigami and a human. Shinigami have been interacting with humans for as long as human history, in that sense it's strange that no shinigami in history had ever mated with a human whom he liked, and if they did indeed mate, why was there no offspring before Ginjou?

Mine, as every other, is just a theory of course but if Isshin, among possibly thousands of shinigami, is the first (or one of the first) who can have children with a human mother, I would like to know if Urahara, the genius who is Isshin's close friend, has something to do with it. We know Urahara is partly responsible for Isshin's loss of powers, it seems to me that Urahara did something to Isshin which he was aware of its consequences.

Isshin was strong enough to hold his own against Aizen and we're not even sure his powers were fully recovered at that point, I wonder who could have pushed Isshin to the point that he had to use FGT to win. And even if he used FGT, isn't it strange that he married Masaki right after he lost his powers? It's very likely that Isshin met Masaki before he lost his powers, so in all likelihood he either fought RGs to protect his right to marry a human (and became the enemy of the state) or something else happened to him. Due to stated problems with the former option, I tend to think the latter is more probable.
    I agree somewhat with what you said. Isshin was capable of going toe to toe with Aizen, even in a seemingly unreleased state so it would be hard to see who he would use FGT on if that is how he lost his powers. It is possible though that Isshin realized that FGT would remove his Shinigami abilities and make him human or more human in which case he could have a family with Masaki. My theory is that Isshin used FGT voluntarily, without facing an enemy, just so he could lose his powers and start a family with Masaki. Maybe 20 years ago is when he met Masaki and that is why he chose to voluntarily relinquish his shinigami powers by performing the FGT.
    ~Now i am become death, the destroyer of worlds~

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is, he once was in Royal Guard. Aprox. 200 years ago (doesn't mean he's "only" 200yrs old) there was this war, we know it was about Quincies.

Let's say they are so strong that even Gotei is hopeless (worse situation than Aizen/maybe not worse, but they don't have Ichigo ) and the Royal Guard has to step in. They make a pact, and Isshin is sent to Human World to be the embassador of shinigami. After a hundred and something years, the embassador of Quncies becomes Ishida Ryuuken (Quincies aren't immortal). Doesn't matter if Masaki was a Quincy or not (like, a family of Ryukken ;D), but they fall in love and Isshin wants to be with her. He uses FGT... and then we know what happens.

Enjoy the fic XD

P.S. Yes I'm still in for Quincies as bad guys for a while, at least.

ex oriente lux

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    That actually makes sense, if he faked his own death then you'd think he'd change his name to stay under the radar, but if Ryuuken knew Isshin then how? It's not like he was only a Substitute Shinigami and meet him through his travels around Karakura Town, because Ginjo was the 1st substitute shinigami although we don't know when exactly.... It was hinted he knew alot about Isshin but i think that was just to confuse Ichigo
    Yeah so, I'll just continue here..
    My theory is that Ryuuken is Masaki's brother or something P: With Ichi being hybrid-ish even more.
    Well, certainly Ryuuken and Isshin have a history together.

ex oriente lux

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

They must have it wasn't a normal meeting for the first time kind of thing when Isshin went to see Ryuuken in his shinigami form

But I'm starting to think the royal guards aren't just made up of shinigami... I mean couldn't the "last quincy" be handed down through the bloodline of the Ishida, thus being the royal guards always having the pure blood quincy in their ranks.....
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't get from where people get the impression of Isshin using FGT?)
    I think it was clearly explained that he used the same gigai that Urahara gave to Rukia. Thus he practically became a normal human and only after getting out of it he got his powers back, thus he told Urahara that even if his power would have gotten smaller (though it seems that it didn't degrade), he wouldn't have blamed him.

About Masaki... it would be actually great if she was Quincy. And if she is also blood-related to Ryuiken... well, then Ishida and Ichi are brothers.) It would be funny)

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I still don't get from where people get the impression of Isshin using FGT?)
    I think it was clearly explained that he used the same gigai that Urahara gave to Rukia. Thus he practically became a normal human and only after getting out of it he got his powers back, thus he told Urahara that even if his power would have gotten smaller (though it seems that it didn't degrade), he wouldn't have blamed him.

About Masaki... it would be actually great if she was Quincy. And if she is also blood-related to Ryuiken... well, then Ishida and Ichi are brothers.) It would be funny)
    Well, I think I remember something like that, but I'd like to reread the stuff. Could you link me to the chapter?

ex oriente lux

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Well, I think I remember something like that, but I'd like to reread the stuff. Could you link me to the chapter?
    Urahara telling Isshin that he shouldn't blame him.

Aizen explaining that special gigai diminishes shinigami's powers.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, that very much sounds like it

ex oriente lux

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay so in fact that means urahara and isshin knew bout each other before hand, Urahara clearly states that Isshin 'hasn't changed', and isshin clearly says that they never found the ex shinigami that used to use forbidden spells to get hollow powers, i know we know this to be untrue due to it being Azien that gave them the hollowfication, i doubt Isshin used a gigai. But who knows we still have no confirmation to be fair i dont think we will kubo likes to leave alot to the imagination of the reader but hopefully we'll get the major holes filled xD
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If ishin had been using the same gigai rukia was using he would have never gotten his power back. On top of everything it was never actually said or implied ishin was even using that particular type of gigai for that matter.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I not sure if this is Isshin saying that he has learnt the FGT but here is the link
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-54486-...apter-409.html

I have a suspicion that Ukitake and Kuritsuchi knew Isshin or of him
    Last edited by devstauk; May 13, 2012 at 07:28 PM.
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast