Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's Father ...

I doubt he was the previous squad Captain, that would be meh...anti-climactic. I do, however, like the idea that he is part of the royal family. It could/would explain alot I'd think, because Ichigo's growth is extremely abnormal, so if he were royalty or a noble, it would explain quite a few things, since I'd assume a purebread Shinigami would "grow" differently (and faster) than someone who developed spiritual powers after they died.

Spoiler show

As for Urahara:

Spoiler show

That's why he was exiled...and obviously that's why he cannot re-enter Soul Society...Yourichi and Urahara had been friends for god knows how long (remember, when Urahara joined the Gotei 13, and Yourichi her branch of the military, they trained together to further their strengths/limits), and she helped him escape.

Personally, I hope he's a member of the royal guard or family itself...would make things more interesting and explain alot methinks.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

jabbament pretty much said everything I wanted to say. ^_^ Nice post.

About the 'Captain' issue, I've been trying toget the exact translation since different groups translated it in their own way, but now that you say it, it actually makes sense. Although I'm still trying to figure out what that robe was.

Maybe something the Royal Guard wore?

Also, speculations about Isshin being Urahara's Vice Captain can't be true.

Spoiler show

That chapter clearly showed that the only person who followed Urahara out of SS was Yoruichi. If anyone else had helped, then it would have been mentioned.

As for why Isshin never tried to help the first time a hollow appeared in their house.

I've been thinking about it for a long time now, and I'm still not even sure what I'm trying to say. XD Someone mentioned before that maybe Isshin had his powers sealed by Urahara? Could be, but then what reason would he have had to seal it?

Ah whatever...I give up. XD

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzair
    jabbament pretty much said everything I wanted to say. ^_^ Nice post.

About the 'Captain' issue, I've been trying toget the exact translation since different groups translated it in their own way, but now that you say it, it actually makes sense. Although I'm still trying to figure out what that robe was.

Maybe something the Royal Guard wore?

Also, speculations about Isshin being Urahara's Vice Captain can't be true.

Spoiler show

That chapter clearly showed that the only person who followed Urahara out of SS was Yoruichi. If anyone else had helped, then it would have been mentioned.

As for why Isshin never tried to help the first time a hollow appeared in their house.

I've been thinking about it for a long time now, and I'm still not even sure what I'm trying to say. XD Someone mentioned before that maybe Isshin had his powers sealed by Urahara? Could be, but then what reason would he have had to seal it?

Ah whatever...I give up. XD
    Yeah, I don't think we'll find out what the robe is for a while...but I'm still damned curious.

As for Isshin being Urahara's Vice Captain? Highly doubt it. Isshin himself is at least Captain's level, and from the little bit we've seen of him in Shinigami mode, he's pretty damned powerful (remember, the Grand Fisher had been murdering/eating Shinigami for 50 years, and then he got his "power up" and got even stronger...but he was still dead before Isshin blinked).

I agree with you. No one else helped Urahara escape. He was sentenced to be exiled (and who knows what exactly Soul Society's "exile" is? I'd guess its probably something like isolation for the rest of eternity with no hope of ever coming in contact with anything again and no way to get back and nothing to do...), so his rescue/escape operation would have been something secret, and since Urahara and Yourichi are both damned strong (and fast), anyone else probably would have been a burden more than a help ;p

As for my guess why Isshin didn't try to help:
    Spoiler show

And if he did seal his powers...my guess would be the "romantic" one. Masaki was a regular human (thus why she couldn't see that hollow the day she died), and Isshin choose to seal his powers and become human...Urahara was not exiled for the creation of the Hogyoku, but for the gigai he created that could turn a Shinigami into a Human, so odds are, his body was nothing more than that type of gigai. Also, I'm sure Urahara being the genius he is had a way to reverse the effects, which could explain the first part of his conversation with Urahara:

Spoiler show

Anywho, those are just my guesses/theories.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

*laughs out loud*

IRONIC IS THE WORD FOR THIS, GODDAMIT! :P

I wnted to post something similar to what you said about Isshin not being a Shinigami for 20 years, but it was just speculations on my part since I totally forgot about that scene (the last page you posted). So I wanted to ramble on and on about Isshin not being able to help Ichigo in the first place due to him stuck in a gigai, or something like that. XD

And I like your thoery about Urahara not being exiled due to the hougyok, but for a gigai he's created to make Shinigamis more Human-like.

\And that thing about Masaki, I can agree to, as well. ^_^ I'm thinking Isshin was sent to the Human World just like Rukia was, and fell in love with a human. As simple as that really. ^_^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*laughs out loud*

IRONIC IS THE WORD FOR THIS, GODDAMIT! :P

I wnted to post something similar to what you said about Isshin not being a Shinigami for 20 years, but it was just speculations on my part since I totally forgot about that scene (the last page you posted). So I wanted to ramble on and on about Isshin not being able to help Ichigo in the first place due to him stuck in a gigai, or something like that. XD

And I like your thoery about Urahara not being exiled due to the hougyok, but for a gigai he's created to make Shinigamis more Human-like.

\And that thing about Masaki, I can agree to, as well. ^_^ I'm thinking Isshin was sent to the Human World just like Rukia was, and fell in love with a human. As simple as that really. ^_^
    Hah. I beat you to it, damn it!

Anywho, about him not helping, I think it fits about Isshin being stuck in one of Urahara's gigai so he was a human, not much he COULD do, and I want to believe that he saw Rukia so he wasn't worried (since, c'mon, its been revealed that he's no where near as stupid as he pretends to be) about it. I'm going to stick to this theory until proven wrong damn it!

As for Urahara's exile:
    Spoiler show

And about Isshin, yeah, I'm a bit of a romantic, so I like that theory...but because of his strength (and assumption that he had a high position), I don't think he was sent, I think he went to earth...but, that's just because I like the romantic element of it...hate me if you want.

XD KYAHAHHA Lol. Ok, I don't mind the 'romantic' theory of yours either. ^_^ //DZ

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll be really awesome if Isshin participates (I'm sure he will) in the upcoming war. If he is indeed a part of the Royal Guard, it's definite he's involved. He does know about Aizen and Vaizards...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll be really awesome if Isshin participates (I'm sure he will) in the upcoming war. If he is indeed a part of the Royal Guard, it's definite he's involved. He does know about Aizen and Vaizards...
    No hoping required:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jabbament
    No hoping required:
    That is, if he doesn't die prematurely, which I would hate XD
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rampages
    That is, if he doesn't die prematurely, which I would hate XD
    That would be anticlimactic to say the very least....but nah, he's got his Shinigami body back, and we saw that without releasing anything, he was powerful. If he dies, I'll vomit on my PC and throw it out the window then drive over it with my brother's truck or something.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jabbament
    If he dies, I'll vomit on my PC and throw it out the window then drive over it with my brother's truck or something.
    ill be right beside you dude

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

And me with you all.

I would most definitely not want that to happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We could all go and start a protest thread if he dies XD

HELL YEAH!!! //DZ
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the way urahara's gigai works is overtime it builds up ur soul chain until it becomes whole again. After that u are a human but probably with a shinigami soul, just like ichigo. Ichigo's human body wouldnt stand a chance against a real hollow so im guessing that why isshin was taken out so easily in the 1st chapter

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ILUVATAR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine this:

Ichigo is cornered by many strong oponents, suddenly one of them dies by an unseen helper and all of a sudden his father stands next to him to fight the oponents together......
    now try to imagine Ichigos face after this pretty hard eh? hihihi
    *When you laugh, it's as though the world becomes, just a little, a nicer place.
    *Being alone is scary. Solitude is scary.
    *I have rushed here, when i was summoned. Because you were crying. You were sobbing as if you were screaming.
    *The nights that morning will never come doesn't exist.
    *More than anyone could ever admire you, this is the definite truth, I like you...
    *Because you are like the sky, causing me pain in love... because I love you.
    *Did you hear? Did i reach you?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo is going to look like a cow staring at a new fence when he finally finds out about Isshin.
    Either that or he'll finally realize and understand why the bloody hell he has his own Shinigami powers...

New Reply
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast