Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

How did Isshin age so much in just 20 years?

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post

can anyone else see these two major look alikes?

page 6 of chapter 417 encase link doesn't work

&

No that picture of Isshin is him after spending time holding whatever it was in the Dangai, now age him around 1000 years, whats your thoughts?
    Prob just Kubo recycling designs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

the bread is too much of a coincidence, and the cheek bones, plus if you think about it he has clarified there is a relationship between most chars that look the same
    Spoiler show

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    the bread is too much of a coincidence, and the cheek bones, plus if you think about it he has clarified there is a relationship between most chars that look the same
    When did he clarify that?

Only thing I can remember is him saying theres a connection between Ichigo and Kaien.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

When i said most, i meant Just those two but i really don't think this is it for isshin's back story i think theres alot more to him then just being 10th div captain, i mean what strikes me is that he also has the shoulder plate thing which has confused me since we have only seen shinigami wear that type of armor during war time (ie unohana's underling)
    Spoiler show

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah maybe but I always thought that shoulder plate thing was Kubo's way of telling us he was a Captain but not telling us which division he was from.

I'm surprised Isshin wasn't a RG. I mean he would fit right in. But then again it's hard to see what he could invent. Maybe some sort of healing technique? He is a doctor in the RW for a reason. Or maybe it's jsut because Masaki healed him when they first met.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    How did Isshin age so much in just 20 years?
    Gigai changed him into a human, maybe?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post
    Yeah maybe but I always thought that shoulder plate thing was Kubo's way of telling us he was a Captain but not telling us which division he was from.
    That shoulder plate could be like the Shihouin clan's symbol, I don't know. Just telling us about his Shiba origin, perhaps.
    Then again, I don't remember Kaien being associated with it, so, it's a weak possibility.

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReiWen View Post
    Gigai changed him into a human, maybe?
    The problem is that Urahara and the rest didn't age much and they were inthe living world for 100 years.

Isshin seemed to age more than all of them in just 20 years. In his flashback he looks like a teenager to me.

I think when he lost his powers it caused him to age like a human.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It may be the case, if the theory that aging slows down with strong reiatsu is correct, it explains why Isshin looks as old as Shunsui and why shinigami age faster when they're children.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

That may indeed be the case, seeing as Yamamoto was a middle-aged man ~1000 years ago (based on the flashback showing him teaching Kyoraku which must have been taken place before he became CC. That makes me think though.. Nimaiya (and perhaps Bonze) must have some extreme reiatsu seeing as he's most likely older than Yamamoto.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    That may indeed be the case, seeing as Yamamoto was a middle-aged man ~1000 years ago (based on the flashback showing him teaching Kyoraku which must have been taken place before he became CC. That makes me think though.. Nimaiya (and perhaps Bonze) must have some extreme reiatsu seeing as he's most likely older than Yamamoto.
    Hm, I think that has got something to do with the Royal Dimension and not the Royal Guards personally.
    Or who knows, they might be occasionally visiting Kirinji and Hikifune's palaces to get revitalized.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that Urahara and the rest didn't age much and they were inthe living world for 100 years.

Isshin seemed to age more than all of them in just 20 years. In his flashback he looks like a teenager to me.

You puting two different things together.
    Urahara's and Visoreds's gigais block their reiatsu so the cant be sensed as also as we seen thay cant enter Senkaimone when they in such a gigai. Isshin most likely was in the same gigai as Rukia, a gigai that takes away spiritual powers and actualy changes Shinigami into normal humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    I dont know why Ouetsu is so old since he pretty mych confirmed in this chapter that he is as old as SS=million years. I dont think that Mister Royal BAld is older than Yama but we will see.
    However it seemst hat Shinigami age faster as kids and when they are older. Rukia and Renji aged a lot in 10 years and later they didnt age as fast. Yama from 2000+ years ago and 1000 years ago also was barely different but he aged a lot in the last 1000 years. I dont really see a difference between normal humans aging process and Shinigami aging porcess. From kido to teenager at a pretty fast rate and later when we hit certain age the aging process is also faster
    Last edited by ReiWen; March 10, 2013 at 07:16 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Hm, I think that has got something to do with the Royal Dimension and not the Royal Guards personally.
    Or who knows, they might be occasionally visiting Kirinji and Hikifune's palaces to get revitalized.
    You're right. It could be because of the "special reiatsu" that Bonze was mentioning to Ichigo. But Kyoraku himself said that their combined strength is greater than the 13 Divisions combined. If they are to seem this extraordinary to the reader, then I think at least some of them have to be stronger than the CC. Otherwise, not many readers would be impressed at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiWen View Post
    You puting two different things together.
    Urahara's and Visoreds's gigais block their reiatsu so the cant be sensed as also as we seen thay cant enter Senkaimone when they in such a gigai. Isshin most likely was in the same gigai as Rukia, a gigai that takes away spiritual powers and actualy changes Shinigami into normal humans.
    You don't really have any solid ground to base those claims on. What is it that makes you think that Isshin was "most likely" using the same gigai as Rukia? I find that extremely odd. We'll just have to wait and see, but if we do assume that he escaped from SS for one reason or another, why would he deliberately lose his Shinigami powers instead of simply masking them like Urahara? There wouldn't be anything for him to gain by doing so.

Speaking of Urahara, I'm not entirely sure that he's even using a gigai. As far as I can remember, he has always stayed in that form. Even when he fought Aizen, Yammy and others, it seemed to me like he was in the same form.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

If Isshin lost his power there is no reason as to why he wouldnt want to live a normal human life with Masaki
    If he had his power idk what would be his reason for wanting to be a noraml human other than to.... again live with masaki who aged at th rate of a normal human.

I was only pointing out that the gigai Rukia used and the gigai Urahara used arent the same gigai.

So either way Isshin aged because he became a normal human. For me gigai is most likely scenario since we dont know if normal souls age at the same rate as humans.

As for Urahara why would he fight in a gigai? Shinigami powers re spiritual powers. It would be hard to use shunpo in a gigai. Isshin simply still have his shinigami robe the Visoreds on the other hand hated the Shinigamies so why would they use their shinigami robes?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kisuke u.'s Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Here sure is going a good discussion.
    Isshin has to be at the RR for sometime in the past. He didn’t even use his shikai against Aizen, his kido. Why would he be sad on ichigo’s travel to the RR? He has good knowledge about them. So I don’t think that he is never been there (for some time) in the past.
    About losing his powers, Ginjo might be involved in it. He knew about Isshin and kuukaku recruited him & co. His talk with ichigo at his boss house is kind of devious (ep 344).
    In TBTP, Urahara said that he will make 11 gigais, 8 for the visords and 3 for youroichi, tessai and himself (ep 212). So (may be) he is using a gigai in the HW after all.

we all have our journeys to make.

New Reply
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast