Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: thoughts on why Ichigo isn't affected

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • type of Bankai

    0 0%
  • Ichigo has connection to Bucky

    5 33.33%
  • power level

    0 0%
  • other

    4 26.67%
  • It's F***ing Ichigo Kurosaki

    6 40.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

  1. #1
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mangaland
    Country
    Wales
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    I've got a couple of theories about this, 1 is more plausible than the other:

    1. His type of Bankai is immune, because he compresses it into his sword whereas other Bankai leave their swords and therefore are vulnerable (the sword could act as a protective barrier to the Zanpaktou soul and using Bankai breaks the barrier, so what Ichigo does is reinforce the barrier).

    or

    2. Ichigo has a connection with Bucky (explanation below)

    I'm noticing a lot of similarities between Zangetsu and Bucky such s their looks and cloaks.

    I got to thinking what if the person that Yama couldn't kill 1000 years ago was Ichigo's ancestor and had the ability to extract Bankai and Zangetsu used that ability, it would explain about Ichigo being "pure blood", the VR's info and Bucky and Zangetu's similarities
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

    Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

  2. #2
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Google it
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    my theory are :

    Ichigo is not using Bankai anymore if you remeber he lost it because he used Mugetsu (becoming a zanpakto/Bankai) leaving his body with all those powers intact (more like what happened in Shioon in the breaker new waves his body still brimming with KI even his ki center is destroyed)and those riatsu that the captains gave to ichigo on the fullbring arc is just a kickstarter for the circulation of riatsu and when he got his powers back Ichigo thinks that he is still using Shinigami powers but in fact he is using another kind of power

    my other theory is also based on that Ichigo's bankai can't be stole because when he use a release (bankai) he becomes a bankai himself with physical form

    the other one is from a comment i saw (thanks unknown poster) that because the captains are already dead they can extract those bankai's like spirits and because Quincy's are more like "Ghostbusters" (they destroys souls or capture souls) they can extract those Bankai's souls easily and wield their powers while Ichigo on the other hand is alive and when he use bankai the personification of the bankai mends with ichigo becoming one and thus the bankai is now a living being and cannot be extracted

    OMG TWO VILEPLUME

    100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

  3. #3
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ~Nyaa
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    I will not be surprised at all if this has got something to do with his inner Hollow powers, as well. Remember the filler arc Reigai in the anime? It seemed like his Hollow powers couldn't be copied at all. So, if his Bankai power has any connection with his inner Hollow -well, we indeed know that he has, it has been mentioned by Zangetsu and we saw inner Hollow returning to Zangetsu's body and become one with him-, maybe his Bankai also can't be copied, meaning that it can't be stolen, either

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    his inner hollow powers basically are not around anymore, the entire time up until the end of the FKT arc was showing that ichigo's bankai was all one thing his hollow powers were only to show that if he was in despair or frighten or whatever he would be swallowed by it.... Zangetsu and Hichigo were one entity and thus once he learn the FGT he himself become one with Zangestu, which in turn made ichigo not worry or have any type of despair... i dunno what the word is but he was in complete harmony which made him a beast... the thing about his bankai not being stolen could have to do with the fact that like someone above me said he is a living human and his bankai could be different in some way...
    Spoiler show

  5. #5
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    17,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    I don't think it is actually possible for shirosaki to not be there. Even if ichigo does not have his mask he was still capable of fullbring and has those fullbring things around his body. Shirosaki should be around for as long as ichigo has hollow powers.

    On the actual topic, I think the issue is one of reiatsu basically, not one of hollow powers. If the issue was hollow powers then the vizards would also be immune to the bankai thing which is not necessarily the case although I admit it is possible. Ichigo was born special due to being the son of a human and a shinigami and whatnot. His powers would as a result not be quite the same as a normal shinigami's. The badge is simply made to work with shinigami. I wonder if a special badge could be made to work specifically on ichigo. It should be theoretically possible considering everything and perhaps they actually are working on something like that. Perhaps it would work as a nice setup to bring shirosaki back lol.

    [

  6. #6
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mangaland
    Country
    Wales
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think it is actually possible for shirosaki to not be there. Even if ichigo does not have his mask he was still capable of fullbring and has those fullbring things around his body. Shirosaki should be around for as long as ichigo has hollow powers.

    On the actual topic, I think the issue is one of reiatsu basically, not one of hollow powers. If the issue was hollow powers then the vizards would also be immune to the bankai thing which is not necessarily the case although I admit it is possible. Ichigo was born special due to being the son of a human and a shinigami and whatnot. His powers would as a result not be quite the same as a normal shinigami's. The badge is simply made to work with shinigami. I wonder if a special badge could be made to work specifically on ichigo. It should be theoretically possible considering everything and perhaps they actually are working on something like that. Perhaps it would work as a nice setup to bring shirosaki back lol.

    [
    I completely agree with you with regards to Shirosaki, but regarding Ichigo's parentag we do't know for definate what Misaki is, it wouldn't add up if she was human because Ichi was called a "pure blood"
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

    Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

  7. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the midst of this planet
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    Ichigo is Immune because his Bankai is different from everyone elses. For Example Byakuyas and Toushiro Bankai, They summon something, Senbozakura and hyomrimaru which is millions of blades and ice on the other Hand Ichigo Compreses his Reitsu and Summons a brand new Sword and Jacket, So how in the world are the Quincy going to use a Brand New Suit and a sword, Ask yourself, They cant.

  8. #8
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    I'm wagering on the reason being hollow powers too. Although, there's not any proof that he got those back at all.

    The only other reason would be his fullbring mastery, meaning that he has more control and is more in tune with the "soul" of his sword, Zangetsu, over other people, so his powers can't be ripped from him that easily.

  9. #9
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ~Nyaa
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I'm wagering on the reason being hollow powers too. Although, there's not any proof that he got those back at all.

    The only other reason would be his fullbring mastery, meaning that he has more control and is more in tune with the "soul" of his sword, Zangetsu, over other people, so his powers can't be ripped from him that easily.
    That's not possible, in my humble opinion. Remember Ichigo learned his Bankai in a very fast manner, so, I'm refusing to think that he's more in tune with the soul more than captains that achieved Bankai ages ago. Sasakibe's Bankai was probably stolen, although it wasn't quite disclosed. So, how come Ichigo be so fast in every achievement? Only plot reasons could explain this.
    Let's speculate a little bit. Do you think Ryuujin Jakka can be stolen? Maybe there is some sort of reiatsu capacity for that medallion thing, so, Ichigo's Bankai reiatsu is just too much to seal it within. Then, Captain-Commander also should be invulnerable. I don't know, there's nothing to back up such a theory and it probably is wrong, but I guess this could have been a way to explain the things.

  10. #10
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mangaland
    Country
    Wales
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    That's not possible, in my humble opinion. Remember Ichigo learned his Bankai in a very fast manner, so, I'm refusing to think that he's more in tune with the soul more than captains that achieved Bankai ages ago. Sasakibe's Bankai was probably stolen, although it wasn't quite disclosed. So, how come Ichigo be so fast in every achievement? Only plot reasons could explain this.
    Let's speculate a little bit. Do you think Ryuujin Jakka can be stolen? Maybe there is some sort of reiatsu capacity for that medallion thing, so, Ichigo's Bankai reiatsu is just too much to seal it within. Then, Captain-Commander also should be invulnerable. I don't know, there's nothing to back up such a theory and it probably is wrong, but I guess this could have been a way to explain the things.
    TBH I highly doubt that its to do with power level because, As Nodt wanted to steal Renji's Bankai too, and Bankai are more powerful when fully mastered like Byakuya's, so a "basic" Bankai and a fully mastered Bankai are not as poowerful as Tensa Zangetsu not fully mastered? I'm not too sure, if it was Tensa Zangetsu fully mastered then I'd completely understand that
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

    Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

  11. #11
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ~Nyaa
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    Quote Originally Posted by bleach fan 101 View Post
    TBH I highly doubt that its to do with power level because, As Nodt wanted to steal Renji's Bankai too, and Bankai are more powerful when fully mastered like Byakuya's, so a "basic" Bankai and a fully mastered Bankai are not as poowerful as Tensa Zangetsu not fully mastered? I'm not too sure, if it was Tensa Zangetsu fully mastered then I'd completely understand that
    As Nodt wanted to steal it, too, but we don't know if he was referring to stealing it by one of his subordinates' medallion or not. Because it's not saying "I could have stolen..". It's saying "We could have stolen..".
    Basically, if it's confirmed that a medallion can steal multiple Bankais, your point is going to be granted full validation.

  12. #12
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    17,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    Quote Originally Posted by bleach fan 101 View Post
    I completely agree with you with regards to Shirosaki, but regarding Ichigo's parentag we do't know for definate what Misaki is, it wouldn't add up if she was human because Ichi was called a "pure blood"
    Well, so far the manga has hinted at masaki being a human pretty strongly. I mean, the very chapter when ichigo found out about his dad we had the whole setup with ichigo saying to himself that the answer to "a human and a..." was right in front of him. Somehow I doubt it is ishin who is a human lol. In this regard, masaki is likely to be the human aizen was talking about and ishin is a shinigami. Anyways, the odds of masaki being a spiritual being are extremely low to say the least. Being a quincy should be irrelevant biologically considering quincy are supposed to be human so far. More so, the whole thing about being pure blood was said as a result of finding out ichigo was the son of a real shinigami rather than just a human with shinigami powers. If we consider what we have seen regarding born shinigami then I would think being born a shinigami results on being better on average in terms of spirit power. Shunsui, ukitake, byakuya, soifon and basically every actual noble we know of (which so far means they were born in SS) are captain/VC level shinigami. At least based on the context of what GF was talking about it makes more sense the pure blood thing was a trait gotten from ishin, the shinigami, than from masaki, the human.

  13. #13
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    That's not possible, in my humble opinion. Remember Ichigo learned his Bankai in a very fast manner, so, I'm refusing to think that he's more in tune with the soul more than captains that achieved Bankai ages ago. Sasakibe's Bankai was probably stolen, although it wasn't quite disclosed. So, how come Ichigo be so fast in every achievement? Only plot reasons could explain this.
    Let's speculate a little bit. Do you think Ryuujin Jakka can be stolen? Maybe there is some sort of reiatsu capacity for that medallion thing, so, Ichigo's Bankai reiatsu is just too much to seal it within. Then, Captain-Commander also should be invulnerable. I don't know, there's nothing to back up such a theory and it probably is wrong, but I guess this could have been a way to explain the things.
    If it has to do with reiatsu capacity then Ichigo wouldn't really be their only concern IMO. They chose to invade SS early solely because Ichigo was in HM and they didn't want to fight someone who could use their bankai. There has to be another reason for this unless Ichigo outclasses everyone in reiatsu capacity.

    If it has to do with hollow powers, then the Vaizards should be destroying right now. All they'd need to do is slap on their mask, use their bankai, and bam. So now I actually disagree with the hollow powers theory, unless Ichigo is special in that regard too.

  14. #14
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ~Nyaa
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    If it has to do with reiatsu capacity then Ichigo wouldn't really be their only concern IMO. They chose to invade SS early solely because Ichigo was in HM and they didn't want to fight someone who could use their bankai. There has to be another reason for this unless Ichigo outclasses everyone in reiatsu capacity.

    If it has to do with hollow powers, then the Vaizards should be destroying right now. All they'd need to do is slap on their mask, use their bankai, and bam. So now I actually disagree with the hollow powers theory, unless Ichigo is special in that regard too.
    Remember HM arc, when Unohana pointed out that half of Ichigo's reiatsu was rivaling a captain's at his best. That's logical since he hasn't trained anywhere near those captains, well, there must be an explanation to why he can keep up with them (other than the plot).

    As for the Vaizards, I don't know. But it's early to assume that Quincies cannot beat people that go Bankai. While it's only natural that it'd be a lot tougher that way, we don't know the true extent of their powers yet.

  15. #15
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Possible reasons why Ichigo is immune to Bankai theft

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Remember HM arc, when Unohana pointed out that half of Ichigo's reiatsu was rivaling a captain's at his best. That's logical since he hasn't trained anywhere near those captains, well, there must be an explanation to why he can keep up with them (other than the plot).

    As for the Vaizards, I don't know. But it's early to assume that Quincies cannot beat people that go Bankai. While it's only natural that it'd be a lot tougher that way, we don't know the true extent of their powers yet.
    Well Quincy seem to "fear" Bankai as far as i can tell. Twice now, they have gone apeshit or had some sort of tantrum when they could not steal Ichigos Bankai.
    I too believe it has something to do with Ichigos core powers and how he got them. He is a true hybrid unlike any of the Vizards and on top of it all he has fullbring.

    It can also be that he is a transendant being therefore theyre medallions arent strong enough to handle such power.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts