Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kalik2k's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's Father ...

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Ryuuken doesn't hate Isshin. If he did they most certainly wouldn't be sitting and talking together let alone even slightly joking.
    I never said he hates Isshin, I just implied it like he calls Isshin "Kurosaki" now because of the Quincies hatred of soul reapers.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kalik2k View Post
    I never said he hates Isshin, I just implied it like he calls Isshin "Kurosaki" now because of the Quincies hatred of soul reapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalik2k View Post
    Or maybe he just wanted to call his son Uryuu... What does it matter anyway what his name is?

This is my view on the whole Isshin/Ryuuken thing.

Isshin and Ryuuken went to medical school together, became best friends where everything was nice and peacefull, like Ryuuken calling Isshin by his first name. Then one day Isshin leaks out some spirit energy and Ryuuken realises he's a soul reaper, now out of hatred he calls him by his last name.
    You basically said Ryuuken hates Isshin. And there really wasn't anything about the Quincies and Shinigami in that post. So i just answered to what was written. And even the Quincy and Shinigami "hate" thing has nothing to do with Ryuuken and Isshin. They seem to be pretty good friends and on very good terms.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

in this new chapter (397) it indicates something about Ichigo's birth, so this must mean that Isshin is some one important or that (this is very unlikely) Ichigo is the key to get into the king's world, but his powers need to grow so that it's basically 1 spirit mile of souls in him and that could be the reason for the massive power

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member PitchBlack857's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin is Ichigo's father im sure, I think the secret to his power and Aizen interest in him is from his mother's side. Aizen set things up to have her murked. Wouldn't be shocked either if Aizen is indeed Isshin brother/rival/old friend or something.

Also im curious if Yuzu and Karin will inherit similar powers?

"instead of gloating in self-satisfaction because you're fighting to protect someone, why don't you send your siblings some mail expressing your gratitude because they made you strong"~Gangryong Ma aka Young Lightning

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    It says he abandoned the shinigami form 20 years ago, not that he has been there for 20 years lol. He might have been around for a mere 20 years but there is also a chance he left for the real world long before that.

The thing I find weird is that no one recognizes the kurosaki name. Regardless of when ishin left SS -provided it was within the last 200 years-, the older captains should at least remember at some point there was a captain under that name. I find it strange that no one has at least reminisce about that. That, and the fact that ishida's dad apparently refused to call ishin kurosaki leads me to believe that kurosaki is not ishin's real last name. There is no reason for ishida's dad not to want to call ishin by that name though, unless there is some significance to it. That leads me to believe kurosaki is actually masaki's last name. I doubt it actually is a random name ishin came up with since in that case there wouldn't be a good reason for ishida's dad not to call ishin by that name and overall it would have no significance whatsoever.
    i find it weird also .. if his powers are so great someone has to know him ... uraha does but it's because he gave him body ... well maybe even before that but if that ought to be true than someone hasa to know kurosaki name .. but noone does ... interesting ... i hope we get to know more about him ... also i hope we get to see urahara in few chapters he and yoruichi are only ones missing

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Charred's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/241/10/

Here you go. IMHO this remark has great importance, specially given kubo's stile of making things said extremely literal(to the point where a character has never actually said anything more than what his textual words implied). Why would ishida refuse to call ishin by the kurosaki name? Obviously the name has a certain degree of importance to him and to ishin, it most likely isn't some random name made up to hide mor efficiently. Thing is that what with we currently know the only thing that makes sense would be that masaki is what made that name important. Hence my honest believe that kurosaki isn't ishin's family name but masaki's.
    This defo is an important hint. Kubo does this alot.
    Like how Shinji's shikai was hinted from the very second he was introduced: http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/184/05/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/241/10/

Here you go. IMHO this remark has great importance, specially given kubo's stile of making things said extremely literal(to the point where a character has never actually said anything more than what his textual words implied). Why would ishida refuse to call ishin by the kurosaki name? Obviously the name has a certain degree of importance to him and to ishin, it most likely isn't some random name made up to hide mor efficiently. Thing is that what with we currently know the only thing that makes sense would be that masaki is what made that name important. Hence my honest believe that kurosaki isn't ishin's family name but masaki's.
    I like that idea. If he were a powerful shinigami and a captain than the last Name Kurosaki should have been known quickly. What name could he have called him besides kurosaki? Shiba maybe naw JK

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it was discussed before, but I didn't find it. Reading last chapters I noticed some similarity between Aizen's and Isshin's Zampaktous. Compare the guards:
    Isshin
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/398/02-03/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/187/18-19/
    Aizen
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/171/10/ (and next page)
    Could it hint on some similarity in powers?

Another, maybe pointless note is the similarity between Aizen's and Hirako's shikais. Namely, Kyoka Suiketsu requires to see its release, Sakanade, as it appears, works through some kind of smell:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/387/06/

What will we have combining these two? Actually, I don't know, maybe nothing. But my best guess is: Aizen and Isshin are definitely connected, maybe blood-connected, which gives them "twin" (or parent-child?) Zampaktoes. Isshin's shikai is also sense-based and it requires to touch the opponent (or his sword) for the effect to take place. As for the effect... weeeelll, Kyoka seems to be able only to place illusions on persons or itself. Maybe Isshin's Zampaktou works like Izanagi from Naruto (or kinda like Jasdevi from D.Gray-Man: dgrayman.wikia.com/wiki/Jasdevi), it casts illusion on the owner and makes it come true, like, boosting the power of the user only to the level he can imagine, literally. Just a random guess, to tell the truth, but it can explain, how Isshin can send Aizen flying with a poke.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Isshin's shikai is also sense-based and it requires to touch the opponent (or his sword) for the effect to take place.
    Where did you get this information? I think it wasn't stated something like this in the manga...

My guess about Isshin is that he was ex 11'th Division captain or from the Royal Guard, but at this state practically every theory is quastionable.
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; April 04, 2010 at 02:55 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Where did you get this information? I think it wasn't stated something like this in the manga...
    Just a guess, like the previous sentence

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

why are you ppl so easily swayed, now ppl are wondering if isshin is really ichigo's father. Firstly i dont believe that isshin is from the zero squad, the shiba clan, related to aizen or the royal family. i believe he was the 10th squad kenpachi, if you look back to the tbtp arc the 10th squad captain is noticable not present, shinji can be found stating in the anime ep 206 that he doesnt know the him which ties in with when he and ichigo felt that strong unknown reiatsu in karkura town. plus his attitude of being laid back and not really interested in the shinigami dealings notable from his absence in tbtp arc ties in with isshin's behaviour. finally the only point of weakness to this theory is how did zaraki gain the captaincy, yes it is stated that he defeated the previous kenpachi but i think there is more to it that has not been revealed to us yet. what do guys think?

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

First welcome to Manga Helpers.

Your idea is not new, its been stated before by lots of people. Add it to just one of the many theories shrouded around the mystery that is Isshin K.

Although almost anything is possible at the moment, I think its more likely he is from the royal guard. Just my opinion.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's father?

Well, since the recent turn of events, everyone seems to be under some kind of spell by Tsukishima's fullbring, even most of the other Fullbring users, and I am just curious as to where Ichigo's father is and how he will fit into all of this along with Urahara. The last time we saw him was some chapters ago with Urahara and some mysterious shinigami so I am just wondering what is going on with him. I believe, or atleast I hope that he also isn't under the spell of Tsukishima's fullbring.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's father?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbo1992 View Post
    Well, since the recent turn of events, everyone seems to be under some kind of spell by Tsukishima's fullbring, even most of the other Fullbring users, and I am just curious as to where Ichigo's father is and how he will fit into all of this along with Urahara. The last time we saw him was some chapters ago with Urahara and some mysterious shinigami so I am just wondering what is going on with him. I believe, or atleast I hope that he also isn't under the spell of Tsukishima's fullbring.
    Interesting! You mean that there could be a posibility that Tsukishima got to Ichigo's dad while he was powerless? Assuming Isshin just got his powers back recently... It would explain Urahara questioning Isshin (are you sure?), but it does seem out of charecter for Urahara not to notice something would be wrong then...

I got a hunch that Isshin will be the last person revealed to Ichigo, likely all hell will break loose before we see them meet again.

Also the question, what is Urahara up to? He might also have an agenda on his own, perhaps giving Ichigo a chance, since he may disagree with Isshin (assuming Isshin is under Tsukishima's fullbring ofc).

Just thoughts, im sure it's something entirely else.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Isshin lost his powers at around the same time he married Masaki, didn't he? It also coincides with the time Ginjou disappeared. It seems a series of events happened which cost Isshin his powers and changed Ginjou's view about shinigami. IMHO the badge is just the tip of the iceberg, there is something more important which deeply affected Ginjou and made him loathe shinigami. Isshin keeps it a secret and he doesn't want Ichigo to learn about it. Ginjou thinks Ichigo might have thought differently if he was in his shoes.

Even though the popular theory is that Isshin lost his powers after using FGT, I think there's the possibility that Urahara has something to do with it, why did he tell Isshin not to blame him? Did Urahara conduct an experiment to give Isshin the ability to have children, is this why Isshin lost his powers? Ginjou is the first substitute shinigami, so it was most likely Urahara who found a method that allows shinigami to have human children.

New Reply
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast