Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

I noticed something interesting about Isshin from an interview that Kubo did, look at the last but 1 answer here

Notice it says that he didn't plan to make Isshin one of the leaders.

So I think that he was one of the most important shinigami in SS, what do you guys think
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

In one of the interwies it was stated that Kubo will explain, why Ichi and Kaien look so alike. Hence it seems that both Ichi and Isshin belong to Shiba Noble House. So it might be that Isshin actually was the head of said House. And obviously he was a Captain.

In one of the interwies it was said that the connection between him and Shunsui and Uki will be explained. So at least it seems that Isshin was from the same generation as Shunsui and Ukitake or even older.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Kubo said if Isshin, instead of Urahara, had requested help from SS to regenerate Ichigo's shinigami powers, some facts about Isshin might have been revealed. There's a possibility that Isshin will go to SS to help Gotei 13 against quincies, I think some mysteries about Isshin will come to light after this invasion is over along with information about why Ichigo is true-blood.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

This true-blood fact will probably have something to do with him being immune to that stealing bankai thing... but well, slowly I'm more and more inclined to absolutely believe in the Shiba Isshin theory (and the Quincy Masaki theory)... but what we haven't figured out is why is the Shiba house now "exiled", and why is Isshin out in the human world and all. That should also be important for the future...

Well, so far I think that Isshin is an old generation, pre-Uki and Kyo even, but thinking about the fall of Shiba clan, I'm thinking whether it had something to do with Isshin and Quincies business... :/ It's not very likely, as no one mentioned Kaien's big awesome important brother in those flashbacks, and all, so the chance is almost null.... yeah the more I think about it, it's not really possible XD Just confused myself again

I guess we'll know everything... at some point in the future XD

ex oriente lux

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it will be revealed sooner as we don't only want to see fights, but also like to see great storytelling and plot development.
    And Isshin now is one of ther most interesting and most important parts of the plot as he tie tons of different things together as his past is tied with most of SS guys and also with Quincies and of course with Ichigo, his sisters and Masaki, so we will obviously learn who actually was Masaki and if Isshin really was the head of Shiba Clan, then we will learn why Shiba Clan had fallen and why Isshin resides in Real World.
    I really hope Isshin, Yoruichi and Tessai will come and help SS as aside from them and Ichi there are no strong enough guys to help and SS faces an entirely different crisis from what they faced in a War against Aizen as Aizen actually wanted to face Soul King, while Vanderreich wants to eliminate Shinigamies. At least for now. Maybe they also have some other plans.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder, if isshin being uncle to Shiba clan, who also was one of the 5! noble clans, thus there being 5 floating cities would make sense them being for nobles at some point before the potential imbalance that was the war 1000 years ago, i wonder if isshin caused the war by falling in love with a quincy but he was one of the royal elites that made shiba a noble clan at some stage
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

How about this for a theory about ishin:

We know that the gotei 13 were a relatively new thing back when juhabach and yamamoto last met. At the time the squads were known as divisions. Now, what if ishin was a member of whatever military organization which existed before the divisions? In that context ishin would have never been a captain but perhaps some sort of officer within the group. Someone mentioned that guy with unohana was wearing something similar to what ishin wears.... perhaps that was a relic or something which was regularly used before the time of the divisions and over time the custom of using it was just lost. Ishin could have even been a part of the original gotei 13 or something... it would perhaps explain why he is so strong.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    How about this for a theory about ishin:

We know that the gotei 13 were a relatively new thing back when juhabach and yamamoto last met. At the time the squads were known as divisions. Now, what if ishin was a member of whatever military organization which existed before the divisions? In that context ishin would have never been a captain but perhaps some sort of officer within the group. Someone mentioned that guy with unohana was wearing something similar to what ishin wears.... perhaps that was a relic or something which was regularly used before the time of the divisions and over time the custom of using it was just lost. Ishin could have even been a part of the original gotei 13 or something... it would perhaps explain why he is so strong.

Yeah, that's possible. I mean, Isshin was affiliated with one of the Noble Houses outside of the "Shihouin" or whatever. I'm also guessing that, Isshin's decision to revoke his position as a member of the Gotei 13 for a life with Masaki was not okay with Central 46 and could've caused problems for his Noble House or royal family. If it was the "Shiba Clan", then, that would explain why, Kukkaku and Ganju are living on the outskirts of Rukongai.

Wouldn't surprise me, if Urahara was found by the Shiba clan as well and brought into Soul Society too, because of his intelligence.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin is probably Shiba related although it needs to be said still. As for his power loss Urahara confirmed more or less that he gave him a fake body that essentially did the same thing to him that happened to Rukia. I would say it was definitely to hide because not only did he marry a human but it was a Quincy.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

But what was it that beat him, or was it Isshin being a perv and purposely being beaten

(thinking outloud)
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Who changed the thread and is there sarcasm in it
    Edit: There is no changed title. Apparently, someone posted a hangout reply here and that's it.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Weezy View Post
    Isshin is probably Shiba related although it needs to be said still. As for his power loss Urahara confirmed more or less that he gave him a fake body that essentially did the same thing to him that happened to Rukia. I would say it was definitely to hide because not only did he marry a human but it was a Quincy.
    Not really a need, anymore. It's almost like a given at this point and we will have a few that are shocked at this development, too.
    Like Ichigo's Quincy heritage

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

can anyone else see these two major look alikes?

page 6 of chapter 417 encase link doesn't work

&

No that picture of Isshin is him after spending time holding whatever it was in the Dangai, now age him around 1000 years, whats your thoughts?

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post

can anyone else see these two major look alikes?

page 6 of chapter 417 encase link doesn't work

&

No that picture of Isshin is him after spending time holding whatever it was in the Dangai, now age him around 1000 years, whats your thoughts?
    Bach is Isshin's alter-ego and they are representing light and darkness on opposite polars

17. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha sounds mystical

But nah seriously, i mean i still think in some ways bach is not a fully fledged Quincy but a rogue shinigami using quincy techs

I'm Calling it now Isshin is RG! Let's face it Ichigo's had every other technical species why not just put the icing on the cake, Isshin come to the Human World with Urahara after he enter Royal Dimension, fell in love with Masaki and Lost his powers due to prolonged exit of the Royal Dimension of which Urahara gave him a Gaiagi( or w/e)

Must have chapter now! Suspense is killing me
    Last edited by devstauk; March 05, 2013 at 08:12 PM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kage Fuusha's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Weezy View Post
    I think the fact that Ichigo is practically a clone of Kaien is one possible piece of evidence...I think Isshin was who Kuukaku was referring to as "uncle" and that Isshin was the one who caused the disgrace of the Shiba clan.

Edit: well, I knew he was from the Shiba clan. Had NO idea he was once Toushirou's Captain in the 10th Division...his interaction with Rangiku is hilarious.
    Last edited by Kage Fuusha; March 06, 2013 at 06:40 AM.
    http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/kenbond007/Karindrooling2.jpg
    Let me tell you something about crazy people...the sex is unbelievable. - Richard Castle

New Reply
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast