Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isshin Kurosaki General Discussion Thread

Well, it looks like Urahara has been to the Royal Dimension without being a Royal Guard, as well, so, they could both have been summoned for specific reasons.
    We could even theorize if Isshin was also a Substitute Shinigami at some point. Pity Ginjou was already revealed to be the first

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kisuke u.'s Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

And how will ichigo go to the RR now, as he doesn't have the ouken and kuukaku may not be an option as Nimeya forbade him to go to the SS? I dunno if Nimeya will summon him back. what if Isshin open up the path to the RR for ichigo this time.

we all have our journeys to make.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

its almost hard to believe how much of a badass he was, when you think about how goofy he acted early in the series always sneak attacking ichigo and being creepy with yuzu and karin

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, now I really want to see an interraction between entire Shiba family (Isshin, Ichigo, Koukaku, Ganju and Ichigo's sisters), because it's normal for the Family to assemble.
    I don't really know, why Isshin didn't want to introduce Yuzu and Karin to his nephew and nice after he regained his powers as Shinigami.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay so after reading the recent volume i think re-looking the way Isshin stated about engetsu giving him the same trouble, i think people have a possible misunderstanding of this, i mean if we take into consideration that Zangetsu was Ywach then we also have to take into consideration that the FGT was actually something that was has to do with Ywach i mean just look at the FGT and what it really did....

But let's say Isshin didn't fully understand the true meaning of Ywach being Zangetsu all along, but knew that using the same technique to learn bankai would also theoretically thrown Ywach's version of zangetsu off because Ywach doesn't understand bankai(which yama kind of hinted at when he said to ywach 'you still only see your comrades as subjects' something to that effect anyway).
    Last edited by devstauk; June 11, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Can somebody link me to the interview where it was stated that none of the Gotei 13 know of Isshin? I can't find it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post
    Can somebody link me to the interview where it was stated that none of the Gotei 13 know of Isshin? I can't find it.
    I don't think there was ever a statement like that, plus we already know that Isshin was captain of Hitsuyga's squad so it would make sense they all know him just don't remember him. But if there was a Interview that stated that i would like to see it to
    Spoiler show

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

There was an interview like that. That's why everyone was shocked when it was revealed Isshin was such a young captain.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not aware of such an interview but there's a part about Gotei 13 and Isshin in Repeat & Reboot.

Quote Quote:
    Q: Isshin is a past shinigami, but Urahara was the only one who went to Soul Society with the reiatsu sword. Why didn’t isshin go as well?

Kubo: If Isshin went, then certain things would be revealed to the shinigami of the Gotei 13, so he didn’t go. He also doesn’t know any of the vizards captains from 100 years ago. Other than that, I’d also like to draw the story of how Yoruichi and Urahara met, over 100 years ago.
    It seems only the vizard captains don't know him.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    I'm not aware of such an interview but there's a part about Gotei 13 and Isshin in Repeat & Reboot.

It seems only the vizard captains don't know him.
    Thanks but I don't think the Gotei 13 know of him either and by that I mean they don't know of his current status.

Kubo said in that interview that if Isshin went to SS then certain things would be revealed and I think that certains thing is that he was the long lost 10th Divison Captain. Thus the Gotei 13 by the beginning of this arc at least, should not know of Isshin. The only way Shunsui handed those tickets to him is if he somehow learned of him sometime during this arc *insert Unagiya was Shunsui's spy theory*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

But the thing is, Rangiku is the only person from the Gotei 13 who has met Isshin in the real world. Remember when Ichigo came back from the Dangai with Isshin? Rangiku was there when they both came out. She would have definitely noticed her former captain even with his beard growing out. And If Rangiku knows, she would've definitely told Toushiro about it, which explains why he was one of the volunteers in the expedition to the Living World, because he wanted to repay Isshin by helping his son.

In fact, in light of new developments, I think Toushiro sees Ichigo as a brother he never had.

Basically there are at least 3 people (I'm betting on 5, though) from the Gotei that knows of Isshin's status. Toushiro, Rangiku, Shunsui, Ukitake and Yamamoto. Uki and Yama because Ukitake is Shunsui's main confidant and Yama because he would've eventually figured things out, I think.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    But the thing is, Rangiku is the only person from the Gotei 13 who has met Isshin in the real world. Remember when Ichigo came back from the Dangai with Isshin? Rangiku was there when they both came out. She would have definitely noticed her former captain even with his beard growing out. And If Rangiku knows, she would've definitely told Toushiro about it, which explains why he was one of the volunteers in the expedition to the Living World, because he wanted to repay Isshin by helping his son.

In fact, in light of new developments, I think Toushiro sees Ichigo as a brother he never had.

Basically there are at least 3 people (I'm betting on 5, though) from the Gotei that knows of Isshin's status. Toushiro, Rangiku, Shunsui, Ukitake and Yamamoto. Uki and Yama because Ukitake is Shunsui's main confidant and Yama because he would've eventually figured things out, I think.

Don't expect and have too much faith in old-man Yama since he didn't even know the exiled Vaizards were still alive, remember this?
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-7115-6...apter-365.html
    Dude had no clue hahaha

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think rangiku knows that isshin is isshin yet because she was in a bad way in ss and at the battle so it could of been over looked.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking back, I really like how Kubo was somewhat foreshadowing things about Isshin:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-8-9/bleach/chapter-1.html
    He is saying that he is jealous because Ichigo can see and touch spirits. I think he was showing this to his son all the time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

Quote Quote:
    This pretty hard to do in Bleach. Especially because Kubo have made a mess with the power levels (Im looking at you Ishhin). No doubt i want Isshin to be a monster but I just dont see it. When i read his battle with Aizen all I got was " Oh ishin, so it seems Im about to transform, blame the hogyoku for slowing my movements". People seem to forget that Isshin was a Captain for a really short time AND he lost his powers right away. He fought that super hollow and got beat up and while it was a badass fight I would think that someone as powerful as Aizen wouldnt break a sweat with a semi arrancar/hollow/vasto lorder/whatever it was.
    You know that captain's go to the RW with just 20% of their power....right?

Quote Quote:
    Kubo greatest mistake in Bleach wasnt Aizen, but Kyoka Suigetsu. Its quite literally a sword that craps Deus Ex Machinas. He shouldnt have made such a Hax sword with impossible to find out weakness. Because now how can we really gauge Aizens power levels if pretty much everybody was under Absolute Hypnosis.
    Yeah and like with every hax power Aizen needed to just turn into an idiot and stop using it so that he could lose. How is Kubo planning to make a Bankai for it? However there is something that Aizen never done with KS. he never attacked when the ilusion was actived... or rather everyy time when we attacked someoe the ilusion started to vanish.... make sense since he still creates ilusion through the sword so it should work a little bit like Blut... attack or ilusion no both
    Quote Quote:
    Also, didnt Aizen said that Shinigami battles are battles of reiatus? Which is why Soi Fong was unable to kill him with her 2-hit KO? By that Logic, how is Yama aka Satan himself unable to break out of the Hypnosis with reiatsu alone?. If the answer is "well Aizen was stronger " then this thread is over. But again, I dont believe Aizen was stronger than Yama.
    Well aizen always like to talk how cool he is, but he had no injurise or damage to his robe when shunsui and soi atacked him.
    Besides he was fresh and Soi was barely standing and since he is 2x reiatsu of fresh Soifon than negating her attack wouldn't be a feat. For what Aizen said to work the difference in reiatsu must be gigantic
    Last edited by ReiWen; November 12, 2013 at 04:42 AM.

New Reply
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast