Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Gantz team

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultimate Gantz team

^

He's been hurt badly twice during missions. One was during the Tanaka mission, and the other was against Nuri... no one can fight Nuri solo, and it wasn't a 'direct' fight anyway. Nishi was cloaked and Nuri used his psychic powers to tear the flesh off of his arms... The Tanaka mission was a whole lot of unlucky circumstances after the other. We haven't really seen a situation where Nishi has to directly fight something. It's not his style, and it doesn't have to be.

Kei's been mortally wounded more times that Nishi has. Same for Katou. Luck is what keeps most of the main characters alive. (Except for Reika. Don't think she's even been wounded yet. She may be a psychotic bitch, but she knows how to survive)
    Last edited by Damura; January 24, 2011 at 02:01 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Once is unlucky twice is reckless in this scenario. I find it hard to believe that in all his time as a Gantzer he hadn't come up against an alien that was able to see past his cloaking technology.

Nishi has displayed absolutely no athletic ability at all and despite what people think isn't all that smart yet he maintains his survival of the fittest mindset. His tactic may have worked in the early days but the Gantzers are up against a totally different set of enemies now.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In all fairness, I don't think anyone would have predicted Nuri would have come back from being turned into soup by the H-gun. So that second time wasn't really reckless IMO. In fact it was a pretty opportune moment that he chose to attack. I'm also not unconvinced that he wasn't trying to save Katou either.

As far as not having athletic ability, it's not exactly a requirement to survive in gantz. Remaining hidden and attacking with a powerful weapon when the enemy has it's guard down is probably much safer than running around and jumping all over the place. That being said, he is wearing a suit, so if he needs to he can still do what the other gantzers do.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that the suit enhanced one's innate physical prowess. So what Nishi would be able to achieve whilst wearing a suit would be less than what somebody like Katou could achieve whilst wearing the suit.

And although Nuri's psychic attack was unexpected especially considering how utterly he was defeated the fact still remains that Nishi was careless. If he had been observing he should have considered the possibility that his attack would not be the be decisive blow.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    I always thought that the suit enhanced one's innate physical prowess. So what Nishi would be able to achieve whilst wearing a suit would be less than what somebody like Katou could achieve whilst wearing the suit.

And although Nuri's psychic attack was unexpected especially considering how utterly he was defeated the fact still remains that Nishi was careless. If he had been observing he should have considered the possibility that his attack would not be the be decisive blow.
    I personally don't think that's the way the suit works, but even if that was the case, we've seen characters like Reika jump super high, and the old man tossing a dinosaur in the air (i.e. with the suit on Nishi should also be capable of super human strength and acrobatic feats).

And I still don't see how Nishi was careless; I don't know how he anyone could have foreseen Nuri regenerating from an attack that turned him into a big pool of blood.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

I think to some degree it is. Kaze is surely stronger with the suit on than the rest of the players. Nevertheless everyone is still massively enhanced by the suit. Nishi will at least be approximately equal with Kei, Reika and Cherry.

Can't really use Nishi's loss against Nuri as an example of carelessness. No one can go up against Nuri singehandedly. Even Kaze would have been fucked if he tried to fight the form Nishi lost to.

Nishi has done pretty well outside of those 2 instances. He managed to earn 70 points in Osaka and excelled in Italy where Inaba, the Old man and Kei failed. He's not that bad.
    Last edited by Damura; January 25, 2011 at 02:19 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget, that the newbie Osaka nerd also managed to get 80 points in Osaka. Its not a big task to whack a lot of monster with H-gun in invisible mode. And also we didnt see how he fought in italy. Kei fought in the first rows. Nishi probably preffered a safe distance position and hiding.

But I hope I'll be convinced in the upcoming fights against the giants that he's indeed a badass.
    Last edited by RDN-567; January 25, 2011 at 04:45 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

In Italy?

He was fine. He was standing out in the open, uninjured. This was right before the transfer.

"safe distance position and hiding" is a good strategy.
    Last edited by Damura; January 25, 2011 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, i've reread it in the meantime, and edited the post. well he looks serious there alright.. but I'm still not convinced about that he is a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    "safe distance position and hiding" is a good strategy.
    damn.. touché
    Last edited by RDN-567; January 25, 2011 at 05:10 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDN-567 View Post
    ok, i've reread it in the meantime, and edited the post. well he looks serious there alright.. but I'm still not convinced about that he is a pro.

damn.. touché
    as long as u have someone in front of you ... all gantzers can use the stealh mode, why dont they do it ?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget, that the newbie Osaka nerd also managed to get 80 points in Osaka. Its not a big task to whack a lot of monster with H-gun in invisible mode. And also we didnt see how he fought in italy. Kei fought in the first rows. Nishi probably preffered a safe distance position and hiding.

But I hope I'll be convinced in the upcoming fights against the giants that he's indeed a badass.
    Lol nerdy can't be used as an example, he didn't get kills using an H-gun he got them using nuri's head and pretty much killing a huge amount of aliens in one go. Imagine the amount of avoided deaths if nerdy killed nuri right when he was stunned for the first time.

Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah but if Nishi was in that area too, then with 1-2 H-gun blast he also could've killed a lot of monster, easily

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah but if Nishi was in that area too, then with 1-2 H-gun blast he also could've killed a lot of monster, easily
    No, not at all, if it weren't for Nuri's head nerdy would have been killed in an instant, same with nishi.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DekkenMinus's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, the Ultimate Team would be:

1. Kurono Kei
    2. Masaru Katou
    3. Shion Izumi
    4. Hachiro Oka
    5. Daizemon Kaze
    6. Hiroto Sakurai