Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: How Is It That Cindy Is "Alive"

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

How Is It That Cindy Is "Alive"

we know now that moria makes "zombies" by implanting someone else shadow on their bodys, but as soon as the real person dies so does his "zombie", so my point is, how is it that cindy died 10 years ago,and her zombie is still alive??
    Last edited by gao_dargon; June 10, 2007 at 04:55 PM.
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: how is it that cindy is "alive"

Her body is that of the dead Cindry. The zombie was not created from the shadow of Cindry, mearly the body, so that Hogback could have a sexy assistant.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    Her body is that of the dead Cindry. The zombie was not created from the shadow of Cindry, mearly the body, so that Hogback could have a sexy assistant.
    Then why does she have Cindry's memories and hate for plates? Hogback said in Chapter 457, I believe, that Cindry also made a deal to lose her memories and personality, so she should have also lost her hate for plates.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Naelyan's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That contract only referred to the one moria pass with the shadow to become it's master, as he did with luffy, but it seems like strong memories will still remain. And well, it's never been said the shadow of the zombie cindry was that of that famous actress that died... it's only her body, and the woman who hated plate was in fact the original owner of the shadow that is animating that dead body.

Anyway, if you read back at chapters 446 and 448, hogback mentions a story about her master explaining her hatred of plates, then in the later we discover she was a famous actress on stage, and there was a hint that they were two different people when usopp asked if there was any sign that she had been a maid and nami said it didn't look like it.
    Last edited by Naelyan; June 10, 2007 at 11:51 PM.
    With Great Power Comes Great... Evil!

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

oo ya ur right, they may be two different people inndied
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    That contract only referred to the one moria pass with the shadow to become it's master, as he did with luffy, but it seems like strong memories will still remain. And well, it's never been said the shadow of the zombie cindry was that of that famous actress that died... it's only her body, and the woman who hated plate was in fact the original owner of the shadow that is animating that dead body.

Anyway, if you read back at chapters 446 and 448, hogback mentions a story about her master explaining her hatred of plates, then in the later we discover she was a famous actress on stage, and there was a hint that they were two different people when usopp asked if there was any sign that she had been a maid and nami said it didn't look like it.
    Yes, that does make sense now that I think about it. Cindry is the body, the plate-hater woman is the shadow.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

New Reply