Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eyeshield21 ANIME Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OS.Hoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Eyeshield21 ANIME Thread

WOOOOT!!!! I AM SCREAMING MY HEART OUT FOR BOTH THE GOOD & THE BAD!!!!!! 8O

*pant*
    ok, the GOOD: Like Xophy said, more ppl get to know Es21, so HURRAY for that!!! (they better choose good voices, dammit! XD *waves flag*). Honestly, I carry my volumes out in schools whenever a new volume comes out so people will see it! =D I've gotten quite a # of ppl into reading the manga (only 2 people have refused to read it, one cuz she likes shojo & the other guy is just too fricken dead stubborn XD That doesnt mean they NEVER will, tho! =D)

the BAD: if ONLY the anime was something I was actually 100% proud of! XD I'd be ecstatic! But o, well. everything has its goods & bads. There should be a commercial at the end of each episode that says, "like the anime? CHECK THE MANGA!!! It's even BETTER!!! DO IT, YA-HA!!" =D

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It was the anime that got me all interested in Eyeshield21 in the first place so I was just wondering what it is that people dislike about it. Could it be the voices? The animation (which is actually pretty good during some of the matches)? The colour scheme? The art? Or could it be that the anime switches events (at least I think that happens)?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sephysarkon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@O.SHoshi: XDD Awesomely. I agree with ya on the good/bad parts. That's so cool! Barely anyone I know (friends, aquaintences) knows nor cares about the manga/anime. ;_; Makes me sad.

@CrudeCross: Well, being one of those who doesn't really like it, DESPITE having gotten into the series through the anime also, is that all those things you listed, are part of them. Except for the voice acting, 'cause for me personally, I love it! <3

~the seph

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll answer your question, Crude Cross, but it'll be a bit long. ^^; (I LUV that pic on your icon, btw. Every time I see it, I go to the verge of FAINTING!! XD)

The anime has some REALLY NICE eps...! Wish all eps were like that =\ I got to know Es21 thru Viz's preview of ch1 on SJ's monthly Magazine. After volume 3, I stopped reading for a while, cuz I got busy. Then I found anime downloads, I started watching with my lil' bro. & I liked the characters so much, I just HAD to continue reading the manga! & I LOOOOOVE IT! =D

Story aside, my MAIN complaint with the anime is the lack of quality. But that doesnt only go for Es21. There's a LOT of Anime out there that just have such a CRAPPY quality on MANY eps (but not all). But seriously, in way too many eps, the drawings are disgustingly BAD, & most of the animation is just so POOR.. it's slow, weird, & not flowing well.. <~<;

Animation should have good art & realistic, flowing movements. Or else, why animate? I like the voices, & the color scheme, ehhh... it's a tad questionable sometimes ^^' The changes &/or additions to the story, I welcome them, so long as they dont make the characters look stupider than should XD But I laugh at it, mostly. The music is fine too, are u kidding? I listen to it EVERYDAY I'm on the car XD

My last 2 fav episodes were 65 & 79. If ALL eps were as nicely animated & drawn, I'd have no complaints ^___^ But many times that I watch the anime (specially with friends who arent as fanatic about it as me), it's just a shame to see the characters depicted so ugluly, when in reality (manga), they are SO much more Fascinating!! +D

Ahh well... hurray for the popularity! =]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@O.SHoshi: Buhh... this is hella unrelated (though I do agree with ya, on the animation quality thing--if it weren't so horrendous, I'd probably watch the anime a bit more than I do), but I couldn't find anywhere else to comment on it outside of PM. But anyway, I see you got your avatar up. *____________* ... *stares for a while*

<3

~the seph

Moderator message by: Os.Hoshi
    XD Thanks! It took long cuz I just needed ideas... <_<; As soon as I saw that pic on last week's chap, a lightbulb turned on in my head! I'll stick with it for July as well *nod*
    Last edited by OS.Hoshi; June 29, 2007 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Offtopic reply

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guys. I always kind of disliked the drawings since Sena didn't look the way he did in the manga. Animation is also lacking.

@OS.Hoshi: Yeah, the Hiruma pic really is cool.

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Lackin LOTS! O.o

Anyway, I havent watched the last TWO eps, but from ep 109, this was my fav screenshot!
    Spoiler: Saru-kun & Ikkyu show

I luuuuuuuv Ikkyu! -^^- He's so adorable!! & the anime let us see a lil bit about what it'd be like if he & Monta were buddies! =D But then Agon shows up & Ikkyu starts acting different.. Agon you meanie! >=\ lol!

..Outta the entire ep, that was the only scene I found worthy of a screenshot. Ikkyu doesnt look as adorable as he should on the rest.. <. <'

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice screencap! I'ven't kept up with the anime since Agon showed up in ep... 106 or some such. Whenever it was that Kurita got sick. :/

~the seph

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    It was the anime that got me all interested in Eyeshield21 in the first place so I was just wondering what it is that people dislike about it. Could it be the voices? The animation (which is actually pretty good during some of the matches)? The colour scheme? The art? Or could it be that the anime switches events (at least I think that happens)?
    Yes

More precisely, yes, I hate most of the voices, the animation, the colour scheme, the art, or the way the anime switches event. For the latter it's because I love the manga so much, and it's so perfect in the way the matches happens, that I hate to see that changed, for the rest, I guess it's because I'm too used to 26ep long series, where the animation is usually 10 times better than the sorry excuse for animation there is in the ES21 anime

Yeah, I know, I'm totally biased about it, it's just that I can't forgive them for the weird changes they make in the scenario...

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes Xophy says it's not SO bad... & other times, he really feels like HATING it!!! 8D *pat Xophy*

Anyway, I'm about to perform some fandom squee, so if anybody has the patience.. ^^;

@sephy:
    ep 106 was when Riko was Interviewing, which had sucky drawings @ ~@
    Spoiler: TEH EVILNESS!! show

Now, ep 107 when Ryo was sick... OH GOD!! *tries to hold back tears* T-T I just love it when we get Maou Trio flashbacks! (meaning Yoi, Gen, & Ryo) That episode was pretty sucky on the first half. Then it got a tad more serious on the 2nd half! ^__^
    But Yoi didnt have that cool, badass outfit of his when he went to talk to Agon....just his maou uniform, o WELL! At least it's black.. ^^;
    Spoiler: THE CHANGE!! show

Oh, yeah! Then there's the ripping of ids part...
    Spoiler: GLITCH! XD show

Then, hearing Ryo cry just had me in tears here!!! ;_; And SOUND is one thing only the anime can do =]
    Spoiler: Awww...*sniff* show

Spoiler: & THEN there's an extra thought..! 8D show

Abuse of the spoiler tags! XD I dont like it when a new window pops up, I prefer viewing the image right here instead.

Aw, well... *back to work on July sig* ' _' Just some thoughts...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff, Xoph. Hoshi.

At any rate, oh. I guess I stopped at 107 then. *blink* 'Cause I totally remember turning my head away during the shitty animation of 106. XDDD; It burrrns~

Thanks, O.SHoshi!

~the seph

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't read all the pages of this thread so excuse me if somebody already asked this:

Is really the anime as good as the manga? I watched the anime until episode 45 and I don't know if I should continue watching it... do you recommend me to do the both things: read the manga and watch the anime?

Well, that's all.

PD: Sry if my english is bad :S

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, keep reading the manga, and save your time and your mental sanity by not watching the anime. My personal opinion of course

Art by 双瀬 聖

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    Nope, keep reading the manga, and save your time and your mental sanity by not watching the anime. My personal opinion of course
    Okay, thanks Xophien. I'll do what you say

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooohh??? I'll give you a LESS BIASED opinion, damz!! XD

...Actually, just go read my post from earlier in this page..

Spoiler: I know, I know. Too lazy to look for it, right? So its right here... show

Putting all that aside... there ARE a few worthy episodes that I recommend! =D Go here at http://www.saizen-fansubs.com/ to DL episode 65!!! ...it was the last ep Saizen has subbed until now.. =\

& if you liked THAT, maybe I can recommend you to other eps... but so that u dont loose ur sanity like Xophy warned, you can choose to trust or not trust my recommendation. As a person who studies animation AND a big Eyeshield fan, I assure you I wont point out at crapily-drawn eps *nod*

8D

Or you could take the anime, bury it in a bloc of concrete, and throw it in the Mediterraneo - Xophien

Last edited by Xophien; July 08, 2007 at 03:13 AM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast