Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Note

Meijin no Kori

Death Note

What are your thoughts of a Death Note anime? Do you think it would be good or do you think something would go wrong? Would you watch it if one was made? What would you like the most about it becoming an anime? The least? Do you think one should even be made?

I, myself, am not sure how it would turn out. However, if one is made, I would most likely watch it. I also hope it does become one, and think it could be interesting to watch.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you think of a Death Note anime?

I'd love it - especially if they stuck close to the art style. However, the art is so well done, and the story so much better experienced all together at once than chapter to chapter, I think it would probably be better as a series of movies.

Wasn't Hikaru no Go (based on a manga done by the same artist) made more as an anime movie instead of an anime series?

Meijin no Kori

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    I'd love it - especially if they stuck close to the art style. However, the art is so well done, and the story so much better experienced all together at once than chapter to chapter, I think it would probably be better as a series of movies.

Wasn't Hikaru no Go (based on a manga done by the same artist) made more as an anime movie instead of an anime series?
    Actually, a set of movies or OVAs might turn out better. I hadn't though about that.

And Hikaru no Go was made pretty much entitrely as an anime series, with a few OVAs here and here. I have the first 20 or 30 episodes of the anime on disc.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I must have seen the OVAs. Thanks.

I think Death Note would definitely be better as a set of movies, but wouldn't mind seeing an anime series either. I'm just not sure I would enjoy it that much knowing what's going to happen. The fun with Death Note is being in suspense of the next chapters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i have never read death note before, guys

do you know where i can get earlier chapters?? i want to try it and see if i will like it or not?

---off topic---

i am reading naruto and berserk mangas for a while, except from them i read some chapters of hunter x hunter, but i dont think i will going read it more so if you have any suggestions for some other mangas worth to try, i would be glad to hear it...if you do not want to post it here you can PM me about your ideas thanx anyway

Meijin no Kori

Quote Originally Posted by walkie
    i have never read death note before, guys

do you know where i can get earlier chapters?? i want to try it and see if i will like it or not?

---off topic---

i am reading naruto and berserk mangas for a while, except from them i read some chapters of hunter x hunter, but i dont think i will going read it more so if you have any suggestions for some other mangas worth to try, i would be glad to hear it...if you do not want to post it here you can PM me about your ideas thanx anyway
    For whre to get chapters, see this post:
    http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost...postcount=1091
    Of course, another good site is www.stoptazmo.com

I personally recomend HunterxHunter. I've read the first 14 or 15 volumes of it. Where were you at? If you haven't, I think you should at least read up to somewhere between volumes 10-12 of it.

My Reccomendations:
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Death Note
    HunterxHunter
    Trigun/Trigun Maximum
    Gash Bell (Zatch Bell)

And that's enough for now. [br]Posted at: January 15, 2006, 12:20:32 AM_________________________________________________Well, it turns out Death Note is going to be made into two live action movies. You can read more about this here:
    http://ap.animemedia.org/showthread.php?t=5380

Quoted for Reference:
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanizer
    WHO LOVES DEATH NOTE!?!?!?

Death Note Info from Weekly Shonen Jump issue 8:
    - Weekly Shonen Jump issue 8 (1/23) will announce Death Note's live action movie adaptation. There will be two movies: first one on June, second one on October.
    - Obata Takeshi Art Book "blank et noir" will be released on May 2. There will be seven extra items such as figure and copied original art. Limited version, DEATH BOX, will be released at same time.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome, MnK.  I think that's a good move on their part.

Well then, I suggest editing your first post with the information and just closing this thread. Or starting another thread centered about people's opinions on how the movies will be like. Your call, MnK.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for the link Meijin no kori it really helped...for now i just read first 3 chapters of death note but gimme some time, i will catch you guys

and also another thanx for suggestions, i will check them too,, i must say i am a really rookie about mangas for now

note: at my previous post i forgot to mention about bleach, sorry..but i only watch anime series of it until now, not read the manga.....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Death Note, Bokura ga Ita Anime in Production (2006-05-15 12:36:05)
    The Bokura ga Ita and Death Note manga will be adapted into anime TV series, according to Japanese bookstore Chuosha. Bokura ga Ita will premiere July 3, and Death Note will premiere this fall. Source: Animenation [ discuss (20 posts) ]
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8874

You wanted it, You got it =D

- KnightAR

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if a Death Note anime would go over so well. It's so dialogue driven... we may get bored watching it. Not that I doubt the potential, I'd still watch it, but it really does work better (to me) as 2 movies.

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm Speaking of Death Note anime. Did anyone see the Saiyama Raw? I was wondering if fit was just me or not because I was expereincing a lot of Lag in that Raw. Maybe because of the size of the screen when its played.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know whether any fansubs for DeathNote anime?

Hey i know this is definitely not the right place to post this but i know that it will be read by the people on this forum. It seems as no one has picked up Death Note and it's making me have some concern that no one cares about it in the fansubbing world. Only if someone knew a group who might be doing it let me know via here or pm. thanks in advance and sorry moderators for posting this in the wrong forms as well.

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: does anyone know

It only aired yesterday or so dude, patience is what you need.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: does anyone know

Nah, i got patience man that i do have the only group that was set to do it is not doing it no more which was animestation.

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast