Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Shouldn't Buggy and Shanks know where is One Piece?

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't Buggy and Shanks know where is One Piece?

i was wondering, since Buggy and Shanks were a part of Roger's crew they shuld know were OP is shunt they?
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: shudnt Buggy and Shanks know?

Quote Originally Posted by gao_dargon View Post
    i was wondering, since Buggy and Shanks were a part of Roger's crew they shuld know were OP is shunt they?
    yeah they should but then again maybe Gol didn't want them to know..
    I mean they were only trainees so maybe only his main crew knows

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, everyone knows where it is: Raftel. However, that doesn't mean they can automatically get there. They aren't Roger, so they can't do the same stuff he did. Besides, Buggy is probably to weak anyway.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    Well, everyone knows where it is: Raftel. However, that doesn't mean they can automatically get there. They aren't Roger, so they can't do the same stuff he did. Besides, Buggy is probably to weak anyway.
    actually it has just been hinted that it is there but maybe it is there.. anyways if it in Raftel I doubt that it would still be there.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shouldn't Buggy and Shanks know?

so ""That" place" means its on Raftel (Grandline). [Could someone please tell me which chapter the flashback to Rogers excecution is in? thx]
    Dunno but its just the same as with One Piece itself - its not yet clear what it is and thus where it is.
    Could be some weird stuff he is refering to, for example his heart where he keeps the memories of all his adventures/happy times - just an example

So Buggy knowing about the place where One piece is hidden is highly unlikely - he wouldnt have gone to East Blue for such a long time when he knows where hes got to go.
    But Shanks may have some clue about that I think ... theres more to him than red hairs and a missing arm...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course there's more to him. He made an entire crew pass out from his presence, blocked the blade of the strongest man in the world, and he's a fuckin' Yonkou! And there's no real clarification that it IS Raftel, but everyone just assumes it is.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    so ""That" place" means its on Raftel (Grandline). [Could someone please tell me which chapter the flashback to Rogers excecution is in? thx]
    Dunno but its just the same as with One Piece itself - its not yet clear what it is and thus where it is.
    Could be some weird stuff he is refering to, for example his heart where he keeps the memories of all his adventures/happy times - just an example

So Buggy knowing about the place where One piece is hidden is highly unlikely - he wouldnt have gone to East Blue for such a long time when he knows where hes got to go.
    But Shanks may have some clue about that I think ... theres more to him than red hairs and a missing arm...
    Roger's execution is the first page of One Piece. Chapter 1, page 1. And people assume that the treasure is on Raftel because he said "that place" and the place he is famous for is Raftel, everyone who knows much about piracy associates Roger with Raftel, so obviously people would assume he meant Raftel, which they did. And I've always felt that when Roger went to Raftel, he hid his treasure alone, without his crew. It's like in Treasure Island, where Captain Flint hid his treasure and killed the crew members he took with him to help him hide it. Roger isn't that inhumane of a pirate, so he probably went alone. And as to what One Piece is... there's already a thread for that, and I posted my opinion on the matter there.

And as Impel Down said, just because they know it's on Raftel doesn't mean they can get there. It's hard, and Shanks at least is strong, but the question is whether or not he's strong enough to become the second Pirate King and manage to get him and his crew to Raftel safely.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

And it's not like we know anything about the power of their, or anyone else's, boats or the skill of their, or anyone else's, navigators. That's the reason they keep giving the SHs for making it as far as they have, even though we don't know how it pretains to other crews.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I think. I believe they actually know where One Piece is. However, the main question is can they actually get in there. This is just my opinion, but knowing where it is, is one thing but getting to One Piece is also another thing.

I think that might be the main reason, since you are wondering why they taking so long to get to One Piece?

Here's what I think the obstacles are:

1) The marine is pain in the ass for them. I believe that the marines won't let them get to One Piece that easily, now would they?

2) They have competitors among them. Even though Shanks and Buggy know where One Piece is located, they are not the only one after it. so that means they will encounter many enemies plus the marines. I also believe that if some other pirates do not know where One Piece is,i it could be a smart thing for them to do to just follow Shanks' crew.

So I believe that Shanks and Buggy could know where One Piece but it's not only that knowledge that will make them get into One Piece faster.

This was just my opinion, you are welcome to reply at anything.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you're right, they probably know what it is. But, Buggy said treasure is only gold or something like that, so maybe it IS loot? And Shanks obviously has major competitors for One Piece, probably more than Buggy, since he IS an Yonkou and all.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true that both Shanks and Buggy might know about OP but I should say that Shanks is the closest to finding it right know. BUggy might know but he's not worthy of even getting to half the way to reach One Piece but Shanks might not only know but he is a great pirate capable of doing it.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't even know if Buggy survived the Reverse Mountains to the Grand Line! Besides, Shanks has the world's greatest sniper, the world's fastest man, and the smartest man in the East Blue in his crew! He should do just fine finding One Piece, yet he hasn't. Shouldn't that tell you something?

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think that the marine is the reason for shanks not going to one piece, shanks isnt afraid of the marine, he said so when he went to meet with WB, if he has a reason for not going to OP that reason would be Luffy i think
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

New Reply