Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who Really is Buggy?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who Really is Buggy?

Moderator message by: Luckas
    Please guys, more meaningful posts

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

in what way? im not saying he is not im just curioust about why do you think that
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kikuna992's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the fact that Buggy is surviving in the Grand Line shows us that he is resourceful and his crew can somehow survive, despite being weak. Maybe somewhere in the "Shinsekai", perhaps even Rafftel and he mayl catch up with Luffy armed with something bizzare, which can defeat Luffy. So he may put up a good fight not with sheer strength but using perhaps cowardly techniques.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

where does buggy get all his resourses? do u think he learned anything mayor on gol's ship?cuz as for the question itself of "how really is Buggy" well i cant answer that cuz i thougt of him as a reagular kinda week pirate, but he has gone thru the grand line with only his crew,so theres gotta be something about him,but what? that i can not say,cuz i dont think that the power of the bara bara no mi is enough for him to survive the grand line
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mugiwara_no_Jack's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just think they gain experience and strenght on the GL like the mugiwaras .... and other pirates.

When you travel on the GL there's no way to not getting stronger. I guess the same happened to Buggy and his crew.

Imagine Luffy stayed in East Blue, I doubt his bounty would higher than the 30 million berry he got after beating Arlong.

I think Buggy became stronger and Moji and Kabaji and the others as well ... I am really sure his bounty also raised.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

u think he will encounter the SH again?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Limba Limba no Mi's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gao_dargon View Post
    u think he will encounter the SH again?
    Absolutely yes. Oda made him take the GL surely for a purpose, and I dont really think he will not reach Luffy.

I also think (I'm sure) that he's already been in raftel. He was in Gold D. Roger crew after all
    Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath, nothing more to do. Living just for dying, dying just for you.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought of that too (i mead a theard about that) but now that i think of it, im not sure the crew new, cuz then the hole mebers of the crew would be lookin for it dont you think? an as far as we know the only 2 pirates from Gol's crew that are still pirates are Shanks and Buggy

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mugiwara_no_Jack's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Buggy already is on Raftel but he is after Luffy (and maybe Zoro) for sure.

They made fun of him ... the great captain Buggy got badly beat up by two kids ...

He suffered because of them (remember the journey without his whole body) and he wants REVENGE!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus, this IS getting him closer to the ultimate treasure, which is one of the only things he cares about, so he's got more reasons to chase him. His crew also got a lot stonger, as we saw at Loguetown, and they're probably still increasing their power, possible becoming fairly strong, at least Foxy or Bellamy level.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, imho, there's definitely more to Buggy than an eye meets, but it's not so much about his strength, but his personality. He's not a bad guy, really, it can be quite clearly seen in events after he met Luffy for the first time. Really, a guy whom Shanks thought of as a very good (if not best) friend and asked to join him (that proves Buggy was really trusted and important nakama in Shanks' eyes and Shanks saw some potential in him) can't be bad on the inside. It's just that Buggy's tryin' to act as he thinks a cool big bad strong pirate should puttin' up something like façade and tryin' his best in believin' this façade. But what is of importance is that inwardly he doesn't hate Shanks one bit - he also considers him a friend even tho' he's not goin' to admit it even to himself anytime soon. But you guys really think that once the two of them meet again (with Shanks goin' all 'Oh, Buggy! It's been so long! I'm so glad to see ya! How's ya been, buddy?' and grinnin' from ear to ear) he would try to kill Shanks with all what he got? Like hell, I think. At maximum it will be half-assed attempt)))) Somehow Shanks-Buggy situation for me are strongly resemblant of Cobby-Helmeppo one. Cobby managed to break through the barrier Helmeppo created around himself, and Shanks did that with Buggy back then when they were teens and will easily do it again when they meet up.
    And yeah, this meeting's gonna be hell lots of fun to watch, I'm impatiently lookin' forward to it!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a crazy feeling that buggy will one day team up with the strawhats...
    and i believe his bounty should have increased after escaping logue town probably into around 50 to 60 million beries..

maybe like luffy's gear abilities.. there will be an extention to buggy's chop chop fruit..

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't really see how he can improve it anymore...and I cannot see him teaming up w/ Luffy. I can see him teaming up with a major villain and getting his ass beaten immideatly, but not with the Mugiwaras, no.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

But with his current crew, Buggy can't do anything. He has to go alone training more or find better mates...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he would be changin' crewmates))) He's attached to them - like most of not very bad guys in One Piece he values them. And like most of those who survives Grand Line he gotta get stronger, but I don't believe he can ever get close to Shanks' level.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast