Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who Really is Buggy?

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mugiwara_no_Jack's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who Really is Buggy?

There are a lot of possibilities his crew can become better!

Kabaji could train his sword skills and stop this "I do funny circus tricks" crap...if he has the guts (and I think he has at least some ^^) he could become a good swordsman.

The same with Moji. He is a tamer (is it the right word? I don't know *g*) and if he eat a Zoan type DF he could talk with animals which is a very good ability for a tamer.

Besides I think there will be some guys on GL who would join the Buggy pirates.

I would do so. I mean, we don't know if he has become stronger but if you compare him with other pirates he is more or less one of the "Mr. Nice Guys".
    For Buggy are his nakama as important as for Luffy and I think even him would risk his life to save them.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Buggy is just a comic relief character - i think oda mentioned somewhere he liked buggy the best. and Buggy IS hilarious -the episode when Ace crashes Buggy's party is pretty funny and the fact that Ace offered to show Buggy where Luffy was might suggest that Ace knows Buggy wouldn't stand a chance winning against Luffy and therefore didn't mind telling him for a free meal. i don't agree that Buggy is stronger than Nami and Usopp. in the beginning yes, definetly but now especially after the Enies Lobby arc - no way. Nami with her Thunderbolt Tempo would fry Buggy and Usopp with his Kabuto would still win against Buggy.

Buggy also can act as a background provider for the story, as we saw when he described how he knew Shanks, how he got his devil fruit ability and how he knew Whitebeard. overall he's just a funny character that pops up once in a while. it would be interesting to speculate whether he will have an important role in any upcoming arcs.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member matrice's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how came out that Buggy and Shank, both starting at the same level as comprades on G.R.'s ship, are now at two levels so different. The one was beaten by a simple beginner (Luffy) and wasn't even inside the Grand Line, the second is one of the four emperors, with enough power to beat the best swordsman of the world and able to stand up to the strongest man of the world (Whitebeard). How came out that starting at the same level of strenght one has become a monster and the other a small fry???

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matrice View Post
    How came out that starting at the same level of strenght one has become a monster and the other a small fry???
    Yep. The moral of the story: potential is no good if it's left unused. If you use it, you could become probably of the top 5 most powerful people in the world. If you don't, you can become some comical wanna-be still nursing teenage grudges and trying desperately to catch up to the former comrades who left him behind.

P.S. Buggy is NOT Oda-sensei's favorite character, at least, not according to this interview between him and Toriyama Akira, the mangaka of Dragonball. In it, he says his favorite character is Gaimon. Search the article for "Gaimon" and you'll see.

(By the way, an awesome line from the interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by The interview between Oda-sensei and Toriyama-sensei
    Toriyama: So, all of that creativity which makes your readers really happy just comes out naturally? Or are you trying to suck-up to the readers?

Oda: Both.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member IgnorantSage's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara_no_Jack View Post
    The same with Moji. He is a tamer (is it the right word? I don't know *g*) and if he eat a Zoan type DF he could talk with animals which is a very good ability for a tamer.
    I think it was said somewhere (SBS? or the manga maybe?) that a zoan fruit does not grant the user an ability to talk with animals.

Too many things to do
    Too lazy to take action

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IgnorantSage View Post
    I think it was said somewhere (SBS? or the manga maybe?) that a zoan fruit does not grant the user an ability to talk with animals.

Yeah, Chopper said he could only do it because he WAS an animal. He probably had to learn to speak like a human after he ate the fruit too, and he did it by hanging around villages and stuff. It just gave him the ability, not the knowledge.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member matrice's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Buggy's ability has a lot of unespressed potential. If we aregoing to see him again he'll have to be powerful, because if Luffy is heading towards the New World he needs to be storng enough to go after him, and for the standards (the four emperors live there) he need to grow a lot. His main problem will probably be the same as Luffy's: he is a paramisha, so he will have problems fighting a rogia-type DF-user... He will need some weapons with extremities of algamolite. or he won't even touch the enemy. This will go for Luffy, too.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3