Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Do you watch One Piece? (anime)

Voters
519. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

432 83.24%
  • No

25 4.82%
  • Depends

62 11.95%
Thread Closed
Page 145 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2178

Thread: General Episodes Discussion

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

So people are complaining about the slow pacing,
    about the terrible animation about the different directions the anime is going.
    I thought we all got used to slow pacing since Thriller Bark? It had been one episode for one chapter since then with occasionally covering extra chapters.
    I do not see why people complain so much.
    Fillers do not need to be creative IMO, there's really not much the animation team can think of , I mean, this is a war, it's hard to actually find something to animate as filler and still stay true to the material and entertain the audience. Anime is deadly close to manga, we can't ask for a fast pacing at this point. I don't think the fillers were that bad and most of them were comedy purpose, buggy and mr 3 was in this war for that too, so that the war don't get so dull and serious with fights after fights.
    You can't blame them for trying to lighten the mood. I notice they animate some extra fighting scenes, if I'm not wrong.. at least they tried, no? I myself felt that luffy and mihawk was too short in the manga, so it's a good thing that they pad it out but the bad thing is they actually overdid it, which is a good example of how it strays away from the material.
    That is why they make comedy/nonsensical fillers, if they expand other things, put random wb commander vs random marine vice admiral and have the vice admiral win.
    What happen if that same wb commander appears again in the manga and is so damn strong?

So they chose to pad things out and add those kind of fillers.
    I don't get what does different directions mean, so what kind of direction are you expecting for a war?
    The enies lobby kind? Cool one on one fight to another one on one fight kind? The anime is going the same direction as manga, chaos everywhere, fighting everywhere. I think I don't get the direction thing.
    Remember Arabasta arc? That was war too but it had one on one fight.
    I guess people didn't complain then, because there actually is one on one fights and the fact that the pacing was great.
    But remember, back then, the anime wasn't so damn close and no important characters were in the war.
    But now, there are important WB commanders and Vice admirals that have a chance of making their appearence in the manga in the future.
    Toei won't want to mess that up.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    I myself felt that luffy and mihawk was too short in the manga, so it's a good thing that they pad it out but the bad thing is they actually overdid it, which is a good example of how it strays away from the material.
    But they ruined it. Mihawk couldn't even make a clean cut on the iceberg and Luffy ended up in a washing machine in the middle of the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    I don't get what does different directions mean, so what kind of direction are you expecting for a war?
    You don't know what direction is? Direction is what makes difference between a great movie and a shitty movie. Same applies whether it is animated or not.

If you don't have problems with it fine, but don't criticize the criticism of other members. It really doesn't have anything to do with you. Unless you own Toei or something.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But they ruined it. Mihawk couldn't even make a clean cut on the iceberg and Luffy ended up in a washing machine in the middle of the battle.
    Quote Quote:
    which is a good example of how it strays away from the material.
    Which, I may add that it was done badly.
    That's why they should focus on making other kind of fillers besides what we saw.

Quote Quote:
    You don't know what direction is? Direction is what makes difference between a great movie and a shitty movie. Same applies whether it is animated or not.

If you don't have problems with it fine, but don't criticize the criticism of other members. It really doesn't have anything to do with you. Unless you own Toei or something.
    Seems like you misunderstood something, I did not criticize the criticism of other members, maybe I wasn't clear, or you took it negatively.
    Sure, it doesn't have anything to do with me but I'm just giving my opinion like what,
    every single person here? Oh wait, you're talking about the direction..thingy.
    Yeah, I'm not criticizing, I'm questioning what kind of direction people are talking about and disagree with.
    Doesn't seem so wrong and I don't find what's wrong with the direction and why it is shitty and seriously, how am I criticizing?
    I was pretty sure I was expressing my opinion and you took it the wrong way.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

@zeltrax
    Direction is what is called to the pacing, contents, fillers, etc.

If you think this is being done right, kudo's to you... I'd like to be one of the persons who gets happy without much. (I'm talkin' seriously)

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Episodes Discussion

Since the anime is doing a chapter per episode, and with so little content and dialogue spread out through 16 pages, direction is crucially important here. Naturally there would be some filler in these episodes (as, again, fitting 16 pages of a chapter in to a 18 minute episode seems illogical with the lack thereof).

There is such a thing as slow pacing yet good direction (which is what Toei seems to be doing with One Piece at the moment).
    Last edited by DARK; October 30, 2010 at 11:13 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerous's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

why change the thread title?

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

because, from now on, we will have an own discussion thread for the latest episodes here (for this week), while the anime can be discussed here in general

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fcToho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to this arc I have lost my interest in the One Piece anime.
    I don't really know why, but this arc just sucks in my opinion (anime).
    I'm still enjoying the manga of course.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nonlife's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like how they stretched each chapter from the manga as ONE episode; not to mention the "censoring." (It could just be the fact that I haven't read the chapters in awhile; but WB seemed...weak. I mean, the manga portrayed him as a guy who could be strong without a DF; but in the anime, he just kept busting it out - repeatingly.)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mythsoul's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm no episode this week?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    No. One Piece has been cancelled. Toei's broke.

Spoiler show
    i laugh at myself , because i freak out and cry in same time... shame on me but i got scared for moment...

I can't wait to see Shank in next esp .. he is cool character in OP

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that is understand ... but i prefer to Japan focus on serious issues but so many fan anime complain new esp in other site ... pity humanity ... seriously about anime esp? i don't mind i will wait for Japan will ready to back normal activity ... i still pray for Japan and Victims for recover ....

I hope Japan will recover after this horror event ...

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raptor02_2001 View Post
    that is understand ... but i prefer to Japan focus on serious issues but so many fan anime complain new esp in other site ... pity humanity ... seriously about anime esp? i don't mind i will wait for Japan will ready to back normal activity ... i still pray for Japan and Victims for recover ....

I hope Japan will recover after this horror event ...
    I quoted this and I want to thank you, there should be more people like you.
    Sorry to go off topic, but anime should be the least of our concern with things happening now.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what theme they will use for it. The Time-Skip is so near, they just got to use their updates looks, but it seems like the flashbacks starts with the named episode, so it could be about Ace, Sabo and Luffy too. Personally I was bombarded enough with fb's in the WB arc. Toei couldn't have mad it worse, could they?

It's a pretty good deal for both of them. She a successfull idol and gains even more free promo with the big franchise.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 14, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds terrible to even mention things like this with the news from Japan getting worse and worse with the day, but at least they got Whitebeard's story finished before the earthquake, otherwise there would've been more censorship at Marineford..

Thread Closed
Page 145 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 LastLast