Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Do you watch One Piece? (anime)

Voters
519. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

432 83.24%
  • No

25 4.82%
  • Depends

62 11.95%
Thread Closed
Page 56 of 146 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread: General Episodes Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member noot_das_schaf's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

i think exactly the same as Organizized.
    damn it, i really had to fight my tears when Luffy cried!

nah, i don't think that those fillers will be a dream. it's the same as with the last "epoch fillers". just some special episodes.
    Es existiert ein Interesse an der generellen Rezension der Applikation relativ primitiver Methoden komplementär zur Favorisierung adäquater komplexer Algorithmen.
    (Warum einfach, wenns auch kompliziert geht?)

http://noot.deviantart.com/

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moroboshi View Post

Where did you get that (my english is not very good, but.....)? Everybody in OP can be beaten. What I'm saying is that to beat Kuma you must be monstrously powerful, and even if Luffy get stronger, I don't think he can beat Kuma. You must be admiral level imo to beat Kuma. And Luffy will be admiral level only in the end of OP.
    Even the almighty(???) BB should have some problem with Bartholomew!!!!
    It was sarcasm. You gave Zoro as an example. But there are people who are a lot stronger than Zoro and not all of them use Haki. Zoro managed to surprise Kuma even after being exhausted from the previous battle. He would have given Kuma a greater damage if he were rested. Now imagine if he had more strength and speed.

I won't go over it again, since I explained my point pretty well in previous post. There are no levels in One Piece. There are only strong individuals.
    I won't argue that only an extremely powerful individual could beat Kuma.
    And Luffy could beat him with a little more training, even without Haki.
    Zoro managed to surprise him. Luffy moves even faster.

It's not all about Haki. Haki is a tool. I don't think that Luffy will constantly rely on it even when he learns to use it. And as far as we know so far, Haki can't increase speed.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The biggest problem with Kuma is that from what we've seen so far, you have to outclass him by miles to have a shot. The paws are a one-hit-battle-ender.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen much worse animation, trust me.

The emotional weight of the episode was just...ouch. I mean, there's just something the anime can pull off that the manga can't when it comes to these sorts of situation (like Merry for example, I was sobbing like an idiot). I didn't cry this time, but it felt like an emotional punch when Luffy broke down. It's just not right to see my favorite optimistic idiot like that T_T

Oh and, by the way, since we still don't have solid proof that haki can stop Logia based attacks, we can't assume much. But, it can at least hurt paramecia types (like when Luffy got hit with haki imbued arrows on Amazon Lily), so maybe if they ever meet up with Kuma again, that will be an option.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Darek Khort's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about you but even though this was a heartfelt episode I thought Kuma was so cool when he said "don't interfere" and shot PX-1 out of the way. hurhurhur.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode reminds me just how childish Luffy really is. To think that taking his friends away from him would break him down. One of the few episodes of OP I'll probably remember, since the series basically changed when it was over.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    This episode reminds me just how childish Luffy really is. To think that taking his friends away from him would break him down.
    What caused the break down was the fact that he couldn't save them. What's the point of being a captain if he couldn't save even one of his nakama. A man who claims that he's going to become a Pirate King has let down his own crew. In his mind. That's what caused the breakdown, coupled with the shock of losing all of them so fast.

But Luffy always recovers fast.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Moroboshi's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It was sarcasm. You gave Zoro as an example. But there are people who are a lot stronger than Zoro and not all of them use Haki. Zoro managed to surprise Kuma even after being exhausted from the previous battle. He would have given Kuma a greater damage if he were rested. Now imagine if he had more strength and speed.

I won't go over it again, since I explained my point pretty well in previous post. There are no levels in One Piece. There are only strong individuals.
    I won't argue that only an extremely powerful individual could beat Kuma.
    And Luffy could beat him with a little more training, even without Haki.
    Zoro managed to surprise him. Luffy moves even faster.

It's not all about Haki. Haki is a tool. I don't think that Luffy will constantly rely on it even when he learns to use it. And as far as we know so far, Haki can't increase speed.
    I didn't say anything about haki, the only thing I said is that to me Kuma is one of the most powerful man/robot/cyborg in OP (and maybe the only one who can compete against logia users) and I don't think that Luffy can beat him if he (Luffy) become stronger. To beat Kuma you must be extremely powerful, and even if you don't like the idea, you can't argue that the admirals are on another level (so we could say theirs is an example of level of power/strength), and to me Kuma is at that level, so until Luffy can reach that level (with or without haki) he can't beat Kuma.

End of the OT.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you responded to my previous post in which I said that Haki isn't that necessary so I assumed you were a part of Haki Team.

Bascially, we mostly agree.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

i just watched yibis version of 405

i have a HUGE question

at the end kuma says

Spoiler show

but in franky house scanlation he said

Spoiler show

any idea?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Go with Yibis. Their translators are usually reliable, and Franky House has been known to use questionable translations. Then again, Franky House used Carlos Net that week, and Carlos Net is usually reliable as well. Stephen translated the line as "We will never meet again", and Stephen is almost always right. So you may want to mention it to Yibis, because while I'm sure their translator is competent, Carlos Net and Stephen are also competent, and it seems to be two against one. Although Yibis' translation would certainly clear up a point of confusion...

Edit: Here is your answer.
    Last edited by Imitorar; June 17, 2009 at 10:59 AM.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member UchihaDK83's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well, you responded to my previous post in which I said that Haki isn't that necessary so I assumed you were a part of Haki Team.

Bascially, we mostly agree.

ok.. i understand your point of view... but..

you dont' underestimate haki... there are three kind of Haki..

1- Haki that can be used for attack or defense...

2- can be used to anticipated the attack of the enemies...

3- And the last but not the least :P
    .... the Haoushoku Haki (King's Disposition) the highest level of Haki that only a chosen few of one in a million are born with

And for exemple we don't know if Rayleigh has some particullary power.. but he has Haki .... and he is more speeder and powerfull than all Rufy's crew...

than maybe Rufy with a bigger haki become more powerfull...

However i don't think they fight vs Kuma again... for my personal point of view .. Kuma had save them... they were near to be caught or killed .. bye Kizaru , Sentomaru or PX-1 ...

i think somone else send Kuma to them .. (for exemple Rufy's Dad -Dragon- or his Grandfather Garp ... or Shanks.. i don't know :P ..)
    <font face=Comic Sans MS><b><i><font size=4>live for revenge - <font color=Red>Uchiha Sasuke</font></font></i></b></font>

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This latest episode was definitely an emotional one. (The bubbles bursting was a nice touch.) I was doing well until Kuma made Robin disappear. Luffy's reaction and Robin's expression as she was being sent away were just so powerful that my eyes got misty. (I didn't manage to cry, but I definitely felt the sensation of being about to cry.)

This was definitely a memorable episode. Hopefully the levity of the next two filler episodes will lighten the mood enough for me to be ready for what's to come.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Darek Khort's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait for the mushroom.
    I really wonder how the Anime will deal with that. Will they even mention it, or just leave it out given that the Anime is supposed to be (I assume) somewhere around PG or M.
    But yes, after the sadness; Can't wait for some happiness. Really want to see if they show Sanji's predicament and how they'll animate it.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darek Khort View Post
    Can't wait for the mushroom.
    I really wonder how the Anime will deal with that. Will they even mention it, or just leave it out given that the Anime is supposed to be (I assume) somewhere around PG or M.
    Well, seeing how they have shown The Franky Incident (, it hurt me too), it would be silly if they decided to edit this. Maybe a little. I hope not.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Thread Closed
Page 56 of 146 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast