Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Similarities between Naruto and 666 Satan?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Similarities between Naruto and 666 Satan?

(alright to sound like less of a bitch, i'm going to change what i said earlier)

going to point out some similarities between naruto and 666satan. first off they're twins i think, that is Seishi Kishimoto and Masahi Kishimoto. Maybe they think alike?

Similarities

Protagonists both have demons sealed within them.
    - Naruto - Kyuubi
    - Jio - Satan
    Evil Doers are looking for said demons to seal.
    - Akatsuki - Jinchuuriki
    - Zenom - Kaballah Demons (not sure of exact name)
    Weird dog that can fight that grows to be huge
    - Akamaru
    - Jajamaru
    Both have timeskips that lead to a more mature main character.

there are probably more. also someone's probably pointed this out already, but i still feel like sharing, because sharing is beautiful.
    "Yes Madam, I am [drunk]. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sharinganLS's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: naruto ---> 666 satan?

Quote Originally Posted by jairdan6
    does anyone think that one of the kishimoto brothers is copying the other story wise? lets look at the facts, first off they're twins i think, that is Seishi Kishimoto and Masahi Kishimoto. Maybe they think alike?

Similarities

Protagonists both have demons sealed within them.
    - Naruto - Kyuubi
    - Jio - Satan
    Evil Doers are looking for said demons to seal.
    - Akatsuki - Jinchuuriki
    - Zenom - Kaballah Demons (not sure of exact name)
    Weird dog that can fight that grows to be huge
    - Akamaru
    - Jajamaru
    Both have timeskips that lead to a more mature main character.

there are probably more. also someone's probably thought of this already, but i still feel like sharing, because sharing is beautiful.
    Does Kishimoto have a twin ( it hought he had an older brother). And is 666 satan's mangaka kishimoto's bro? wow

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kyubisharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharinganLS
    Does Kishimoto have a twin ( it hought he had an older brother). And is 666 satan's mangaka kishimoto's bro? wow
    .....whoa...u didnt know that sharinganLS-kun??? anyway, jairdan6.....dude get ur facts straight, they both were inspired by DBZ, so thats most likely why they have a time skip and other ideas. they actually said this too. i think u just wanna make threads IMO
    もし僕と別れたら、一番いい人と別れるから、よりいい人を選ばなくちゃいけない。
    まだ。。。日本語習ってる

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

damn! how'd he know?! *runs off to assume new identity* yeah i should probably stop...

"GOD DAMNIT LEEROY!"
    "Yes Madam, I am [drunk]. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 九尾写輪眼
    .....whoa...u didnt know that sharinganLS-kun??? anyway, jairdan6.....dude get ur facts straight, they both were inspired by DBZ, so thats most likely why they have a time skip and other ideas. they actually said this too. i think u just wanna make threads IMO
    LOL i was suprised not anymore though (did some research abt him); wow another thing Kishimoto (Masashi) and i have in common (a twin).

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

in my defence, i still feel like the mangas are still too similar, even if they both borrow from dbz. i don't remember a dog type creature in dbz either...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes there are animals that talk in dbz (i think there was that wolfman and a dog who was a major i think ). Anyways i just think they practised their artwork during the same time and were competitive thats why their art styles are soo similar (but i dont have a problem with that i like it).

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jairdan6
    there are probably more.
    Akatsuki and Jio -> WORLD DOMINATION *hrrhrrhrr*

To be serious and as a fan of both manga: Yes, you can't overlook the similiaries in drawing style and story - BUT I truely don't think that they steal each others ideas. Would be a little bit stupid, eh?
    I don't know if you have any experience with twins. We have two twin pairings in our family and also my children are born very close (just 17 month apart). It's sometimes surprising how much alike the mind of cloth siblings can be, especially when they are twins. They don't need to talk much, they thinking the same in the same minute.

Rather I think it's great that both are going their own ways, not paying attention of what people might say. Both already said once, that they know about the similiaries and they don't do it on purpose. As twins they shared the same expierence in their childhood and i think the special parts that attract your attention are the parts that both of them favorite in their pre-mangaka life^^
    Besides most of the look-alike-stuff is something you can find in other shounen as well, but the similiar drawing style makes it standing out.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ikuroi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

The necklace Jio/Naruto got who keeps Satan/Kyuubi in check. That is something!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Ayah's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Does that mean Ruby = Yamato? Personally, I don't thinking they copying each other... YET. I need to see more similarities before I conclude that one of them is ripping off the other.

<3 glasskatana for the sig
    Tayo na sa Sineskwela Pinoy Hangout Thread v.16!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ikuroi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

They are twins after all, I dont think its out of the world to say that twins do think alike sometimes!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i think 666 satan is drawn more like shaman king im basing this on the front cover of a shaman king manga book so i dont really know if thats a good opinion but also im pretty sure sieshi was going for the db feel and in fact if his producer had let him the characters would have been more westernized because his initial drawings of ruby looked more like a native american a very streotypical native american at that which i probably would have found offensive if he wasnt from japan

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zetsuie
    i think 666 satan is drawn more like shaman king im basing this on the front cover of a shaman king manga book so i dont really know if thats a good opinion
    You could guess it from the covers, yes ... but I just looked at a few Shaman King scans and it's not similiar. 666 Satan is definitly a drawing style like Naruto, you can see that the basics are the same but you can also see different points.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member siegfried's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ikuroi
    Actually Ruby is the one who keeps Satan in check.necklace is not related to that as much as I know.

it is true that there are too many similar ideas in those mangas but characters are completely different(especially after the timeskips) and there are not much similarities in battle types.That is enough for me.
    Things not going you way?You pick up your toys and go home.That is it?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i like 666satan/naruto more because they are so similar. I think it is kinda interesting to see how the same influences manifest themselves in different ways.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast