Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 500 (2) , Bleach 586 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 130 of 134 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2003

Thread: The Games Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Games Hangout Thread

only 9 Days more and so much information already on the market, What can Sony still present, when every was ist inside of the "Orbi" already spreading around. And also with the some amazing game like Cyberpunk 2077 already, been on the internet as the first Game that is strictly for new xbox and ps4.

What i personal like on "Orbi" (Ps4) is the grafikchip 2,2 GB only Video memory and 8 Gigabyte main memory.
    Also that they have and AMD Bulldozer 3,3 GB Quadcore processor inside. Everything still comes from amd. To comment the rumor of the new Camera i heard also, this should be a part of the new art of gaming in some kind of games. 3 3.0 USB ports and 2 eternal ports.

bad release is earliest 2015

I can´t wait to see in 9 Days what Sony present to us in a big Show again?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Something interesting to add to the discussion of anti-piracy measures in the next gen consoles. One of the measures rumored for the next XBOX is an internet based method for blocking used games.

In a recent poll done by Gamestop some suprising numbers came up on the issue. Apparently 60% of polled gamers said they would not buy a console the blocks used games. While GameStop is a used game seller, therefore makeing this poll seem a little suspect. Kotaku actually ran it's own poll which pretty much confirms those numbers.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the measure is just plain dumb... doesn't it limit using a game to just one console? It wouldn't just affect "used" games, it would prevent you from taking your games to your friends home... I guess they could do a login thing which would allow you that but that only works if you have an internet connection (which perhaps means they actually want you to be connected to the internet 24/7). while wifi is readily available in the US and Japan there are plenty other places where it is not necessarily as standard.

Polls are reality are not necessarily on par though. Once the PS4 or xbox 720 are out people will definitely have to consider whether the inconvenience of security measures are worth not getting the game.

Overall I don't think destroying the used game industry will actually be something which the companies have to concern over. As far as we know selling used games is not something over which developers or console makers profit from. They profit from selling to people who buy new games. Provided the measures don't affect those who buy new games regularly there is no reason for them to give a damn about people who buy used games or people who sell used games.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the measure is just plain dumb... doesn't it limit using a game to just one console? It wouldn't just affect "used" games, it would prevent you from taking your games to your friends home... I guess they could do a login thing which would allow you that but that only works if you have an internet connection (which perhaps means they actually want you to be connected to the internet 24/7). while wifi is readily available in the US and Japan there are plenty other places where it is not necessarily as standard.

Polls are reality are not necessarily on par though. Once the PS4 or xbox 720 are out people will definitely have to consider whether the inconvenience of security measures are worth not getting the game.

Overall I don't think destroying the used game industry will actually be something which the companies have to concern over. As far as we know selling used games is not something over which developers or console makers profit from. They profit from selling to people who buy new games. Provided the measures don't affect those who buy new games regularly there is no reason for them to give a damn about people who buy used games or people who sell used games.
    It's true the numbers in the polls are unlikely to be strictly accurate on who would actually refuse to buy a console with such measures, since a great exclusive launch game (or 100 other factors) could come out and change peoples minds. But polls like this one do give an accurate reflection of opinion on the issue.

If public opinion of a console is affected then it's very much something that should worry a console manufacturer.

I think it goes deeper than the annoyance and impracticality of a constant internet connection for most people or that it shuts down used games sales (which is a something lower income gamers use a lot of because they are cheaper) or that it also shuts down any possibility of game rental services (such as gamefly). While these issues do matter I think the biggest thing is that it's insulting to the consumer.

A console manufacturer is asking that people pay $300-$400, which is not an insignificant amount of money, for a console and then they turn around and treat gamers like a bunch of thieves.

If I went into a furniture place and bought a chair. And the sales person was like "Now your only allowed to put this in your house, your can never move it, never resell it; and we're putting a digital tag on it to be sure." I'd be like "@#$@ you @#$hole, I'm shopping across the street!"
    Last edited by Jammin; February 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they are insulting a particular group of consumers, the ones that don't buy new games. People who do buy new games at large won't be made out to feel like thieves.... The greatest inconvenience they will suffer is being unable to take their game and use them on a friends house.

Then there is also the issue that in regards to video games there is at large a rather small selection of consoles. If sony and microsoft implement any of the security measures mentioned earlier the only option left will be wii U. Even if customers simply rule out the console with the most restrictive security measures that still rids the buyer of 33% of his available options. I don't think someone who wants a PS4 would ultimately not buy one under this scenario.

Just look at me when I bought starcraft II. I had to choose between playing starcraft II and tolerate the fact that those assholes made the game thinking every customer out there is out to rob from them or I could have as easily not played.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, they are insulting a particular group of consumers, the ones that don't buy new games. People who do buy new games at large won't be made out to feel like thieves.... The greatest inconvenience they will suffer is being unable to take their game and use them on a friends house.

Then there is also the issue that in regards to video games there is at large a rather small selection of consoles. If sony and microsoft implement any of the security measures mentioned earlier the only option left will be wii U. Even if customers simply rule out the console with the most restrictive security measures that still rids the buyer of 33% of his available options. I don't think someone who wants a PS4 would ultimately not buy one under this scenario.

Just look at me when I bought starcraft II. I had to choose between playing starcraft II and tolerate the fact that those assholes made the game thinking every customer out there is out to rob from them or I could have as easily not played.
    Well the percentage of gamers who buy used games is pretty huge, at least in the United States.

The real issue to me is the act of suspecting gamers of implied wrongdoing. It doesn't really matter whether you buy used games for not. Buying or selling used games isn't wrong. Just like buying or selling used cars isn't wrong. Could car companies increase the number of new cars sold by treating the sale of cars like some kind of theft? Sure, but obviously consumers wouldn't stand for that and the company would get an massive PR black eye for the attempt. This is what console manufacturers are facing here.

This is why I don't think Sony will be doing it and, if PS4 doesn't, Microsoft will have to strip it out or face massive consumer backlash for being the sole console manufacturer to be doing it. It would be such an easy way to screw over the competition, I'm not sure how they'd be able to resist.
    Last edited by Jammin; February 14, 2013 at 04:11 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A pic of the rumored PS4 controller prototype has been posted online.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, looks like crap

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the prototype that it is.

That screen or whatever at the middle top was rumored some time ago, the pads looks thicker, more like the 360 one, which is great. Don't like the light at the top, don't think those 3D pags are the final ones.

Twitter - Firm but Fair

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The screen kind of reminds me of the Dreamcast's VMU. Hopefully they'll improve the design (which they probably will), but at least at this stage it stills looks pretty comfortable to hold.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ghost in the Shell Online scheduled for 2014....looks like it will be an MMO shooter...

I have mixed feelings...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is another pic of the prototype PS4 controller.

The Last Guardian is supposedly moving to PS4 according to this former Sony employee.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Sony has launched a series of clip to promote their big announcement. It is called "Playstation Evolution" and here is the first clip:

Information about Bungie and Activision's new game, Destiny, has been leaked:

Quote Quote:
    From the creators of Halo and the publisher of Call of Duty

Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler. It sparked a Golden Age when our civilization spanned our solar system, but it didn’t last. Something hit us, knocked us down. The survivors built a city beneath the Traveler, and have begun to explore old worlds, only to find them filled with deadly foes.

You are a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Defend the city. Defeat our enemies. Reclaim all that we’ve lost.

Be brave.

Key Features:
    • The next evolution of entertainment – an incredible story set within a newly-imagined, always-connected universe filled with action and adventure.
    • Create your character, forge your legend by defeating powerful foes, and earn unique and customizable weapons, gear, and vehicles.
    • Unprecedented variety of FPS gameplay that redefines the genre and breaks traditional conventions of story, cooperative, and competitive multiplayer modes, combined with public and social activities.
    Amazon has a deal for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and 3DS. They would offer a $20 discount if you buy both of them at the same order. Instead of paying $100, you would only pay $80.

---------- Post added February 16, 2013 at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was February 15, 2013 at 09:18 PM ----------

In another Wall Street Journal article, the PS4 will have backward-compatibility by using the Sony cloud gaming service Gaikai to stream PS3 games. Microsoft has also experiment using a similar system but is concerned about the costs.

For its newest console, Sony “higher fidelity cameras for its ‘Move’ motion-sensing technology and touch-sensing pads on new controllers” while Microsoft has improved its Kinect motion controller "to better identify, track, and hear players."

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

An rpg similar to Greed Island!

Does anyone know an rpg similar to Greed Island from Hunter x Hunter? It doesn't need to have the card game elements, but it would be nice to have the same kind of funky quests and specific events, collecting items to complete the game, etc.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy game, a nice genre mix, bUt what do you do with the one throwing bubbles in the second world? oO

Twitter - Firm but Fair

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 130 of 134 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast